Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tips for doing a show????

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 10:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talking Tips for doing a show????

I am going to the FBodyGathering in Atlanta in May. I have never entered a show. Does anyone have any tips or write ups on preparing for a show?

Thanks,
Bill
Old 04-20-2005, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call me crazy, but washing it may be a good place to start.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

washing the car and detailing it. i belive in the appearence section thier is a sticky about cleaning the engine bay. also people sometimes bump up against your ride so some clean towels and some kind of quick detailer would be good to bring.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think the biggest tip would be not to take your eyes off your car! There are a lot of cool people at shows, but there are also some dumbasses. It would really suck to have to do a ton of touchup work from scratches and the like, so keep your eyes open when the "Napoleon Dynamite" dude walks up and starts to molest your ride!
Old 04-20-2005, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

true that
Old 04-20-2005, 10:19 PM
On The Tree

I use all mother equipment for shows. Be sure to claybar and polish the crap out of the paint. (after the wash of course). Tire and rim shining is really important. I like to use black magic tire gel. Dont shine the tires until you get there. And be sure to have a bottle of Quick detailer on hand as there are people that like to leave finger prints on you car. And spend extra time in the engine bay. Thats about all I can think of right now.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:45 PM
Launching!

Default re

before the show clean it well and wax it but as far as a life saver at shows i have found that having several clean rags/paper towls and a bottle of water to clean dead bugs/pollen/road grime off really helps but as already said some kind of quick shine helps too but in my case tends to streak in the heat.

also make sure you know of all the rules one of my last shows i totally got marked off the list for not having my doors open or windows down(reason being i didnt want the car to fill up with pollen), but crap happens just clean it up
Old 04-21-2005, 08:39 AM
10 Second Club

Bring somebody with you to watch your car so you can use the can or go get something to drink or eat.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:20 AM
Launching!

A professional detailler once told me: if you can see dirt, they will too. The point of detailling is just that - DETAIL. Take a step back and see if you can find dirt.