Sponsored by:

01 z28..

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 01:20 AM
tx3
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 01 z28..

well after my long 4 month search of the perfect priced and good condition car.. i think i have a winner. a 2001 z28 a4- white loaded.. 18k miles the dealer wants 16k.. i think thats a hell of a deal.. plus im thinking i can get the dealer to around 15-15.5k.. the carfax report was clean as a whistle.. i think i might be picking it up within a week unless i find something else.. i have 10k cash thats im going to be throwing down as a certified check.. so pretty much my payments will be 150.. insurance is the only killer i think it was around 150 a month.. but anyways i just wanted to tell ppl !! also throw me out some input!
Old 07-01-2006, 01:32 AM
tx3
Launching!

oh ya few pics..

and the rear :X just dont like the tail lights.. if i pick it up.. those are getting switched to the lt1 tails.. most likely or blackouts

Old 07-01-2006, 03:54 AM
Staging Lane

l dont understand those american muscle ricers.. why the hell would you put those tail lights on that beatiful z28? stupid people.. beatiful car man! if you get it, before youdrive her, just change those tail lights
Old 07-01-2006, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

judging by the name...i am guessing that you are in texas...the price is about average to good but not great especially if it has ttops and leather. Now for an M6 i think thatd be a damn good price. I would go through it to make sure it wasn't ragged out too bad cause with those rear taillights on it...you never know who was driving it before you, but even if it was driven hard, with only 18k miles, you are prolly in good shape.

My two cents...check it out under the hood and interior and don't give the guy more than 16 driveout for it..good luck bud!
Old 07-01-2006, 12:23 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Aggie09
judging by the name...i am guessing that you are in texas...
FYI. That car is in the Chicago area, not Texas.

Either way, I'd bring a set of stock taillights to the dealer with me and swap 'em out before even driving the car home. Other than that, it sounds like a good deal on a nice car.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nice throw those tail lights on ebay and get you some stockers but the car looks sharp
Old 07-11-2006, 01:22 AM
tx3
Launching!

went to look at the car today.. was a very clean car.. sounded good.. VERY VERY slight tick but im pretty sure its normal.. only bad thing was that the driver side window motor was shot.. i was also worried because the tail lights were something a teenager prolly put on and there were brand new tires so the car might have been beat on for those 17k miles.. but the underbody was clean as a whistle.. they wanted 17k out the door including taxes and plates.. not a bad deal but im gonna see if i can knock them down.. im throwing a 10.5k downpayment.. any suggestions / input?
Old 07-11-2006, 08:48 AM
tx3
Launching!

ttt!!!
Old 07-11-2006, 09:17 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First of all, I would never pay what a dealer asks for a car. There is always a little haggle room. So if they ask for 16K then I would walk out on that deal until they came down to 15K. And I don't know what the heck they are thinking but I would never buy a car off a dealers lot that had a bad window motor. No matter what price I agreed to, the window motor gets replaced before I take delivery or no sale.

The engine tick is not normal unless it's piston slap. But then it would only happen at a cold start up and would go away after a few minutes. If this is a true engine tick then I would be very concerned. Why? Because look at what we know:

1). Those tail lights indicate a very young driver.

2). Young drivers are far more likely to beat the hell out of muscle cars.

3). The car is low mileage so it could have very well been beaten on from day one (before the engine was properly broken in) and that would be a VERY BAD THING!

I know it's not what you want to hear but if I were you I would pass on this car and keep looking. If you do take the car then make sure you buy a good 3yr/36K mile warranty. Not just powertrain but one that covers just about everything. You may very well need it with that car.

Good luck.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:36 AM
tx3
Launching!

ya i was somewhat concerned also.. your not supposed to beat on it til after around 5k miles.. the engine tick didnt really even sound like it was tick.. if i do buy it im gonna tell them to walk me out w/ a 3yr warranty for that walking price of 17
Old 07-11-2006, 09:38 AM
tx3
Launching!

oh yah to add they said they would fix the window motor.. before i walked out..
Old 07-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tx3
ya i was somewhat concerned also.. your not supposed to beat on it til after around 5k miles.. the engine tick didnt really even sound like it was tick.. if i do buy it im gonna tell them to walk me out w/ a 3yr warranty for that walking price of 17
not only that, you're not supposed to drive over 55 mph for the first 1,000 miles. the first oil change should be done after the first 1,000 miles too to get all the metal sediment out of the new motor.

it just may have junk oil in it. my engine is 3x quieter now that i put in german castrol 0W-30. the only noise that comes out of my engine bay are the annoying belt noises. drives me nuts...