Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New guy with an insane addiction for speed and power

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 06:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy with an insane addiction for speed and power

Ok, I am one of you guys that just have this insane addictions for speed and power. I finally bought a Camaro z28 in AUG (I drove the most insane v6 Explorer, faster than my brothers bolt-on GT Mustang) I have a good job so money is not that much of an issue, but there is a limit. I want to get my z28 over 400rwhp. I just got a K&N FIPK and Slp loudmouth, and im kinda stuck on where to go next. Does anyone know where I am about at now on the rwhp? I was thinking maybe getting LT headers, High flow CAts, Tuning, And 150 shot of Nitrous. This car is a daily driver, and i dont think i want to put heads and cam on it because of it. However, i did hear that loudmouth + lt headers = a lot of noise and that i dont want to do that on a daily driver. I know i dont want a ory, i want to keep cats on there, i just want better ones. Are long tubes even worth the money? Texas-speed has pacesetter headers and a Catted y-pipe for about $700 (much less than slp headers), but what kind of power gains are we talking about. If anyone can give me some estimated power gains on that setup please post.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:01 AM
12 Second Club

You power right now depends on what year car you have. I have an 01 and I baselined right around 300 however the 01 and 02's have the ls6 intake which helps from the ls1 intakes in older cars. As far as power gains with lt's and catted-y.......probably around 20 or so, maybe more with a full tune. Like I said it depends on your year, my suggestion is to do a lot of searching on this forum. Headers is one of the main discussions and you will find a lot of info just by searching.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:08 AM
12 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would try to stay away from SLP headers. Seems that many members on here realy didn't care for how low they sit under the car. I would sudjest Super Maxx for a complete header and cat set up or the Pacesetter is the best bang for the buck. The only thing with you purchasing mismatched parts it the fitment. I purchased my headers and ory from TSP and I had to take it to a muffler shop for them to heat up the y to get it to fit right and not hit the floor boards.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:45 PM
Banned

read jurabiikwi's how to be fast thread im not sure if its a sticky but it will help u out alot. also read some of the other stickies to. get a cam headers, intake, tb. and you shold be close. to 400rwhp
Old 09-02-2006, 01:45 PM
TECH Regular

either keep your LM and be happy or ditch it and get LT's and true duals... or a ypipe if you want to go that route... but if as you say you are like one of us.. lots of us like TD's ..... then consider do you want it dumped or out the back.. like stated above get an ls6 intake if you dont already have it and then the intake stuff before that...

smooth bellows, P&P Throttle Body, airlid, some form of improved airbox assembly (FTRA, SSRA, Custom) and then spring for Underdrive pulley, and a cam... you can get a good cam with a good tune and retain stock idle and driveability pretty much and you should hit your 400RWHP mark.. if you have an M6 that is.. easier to put down power with an M6, and easier to bust ****.
If your just street racing and roll racing that should be some fun stuff... if youre racing from a dig.. look into a new clutch and rearend... they like to blow up....

All of this is in the above link.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:56 PM
On The Tree

my car its daily drive i put heads and cam, the thing about heads and cam is sound so good with pacesetter Ory y pipe and cutout also the power is there whenever you need it.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get a nice cam something very mild and then use that nitrous and ull have like 450+ rwhp and prob like 360-380 N/A rwhp. theres a cam (forget who sells it) thats meant for stock exhaust etc and puts down some solid numbers. it would be interesting to see what that did with nitrous
Old 09-02-2006, 03:38 PM

i would also like to know what cam that is for the stock exhuast, if anyone know please let us konw