Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My experience with a cop

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 06:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My experience with a cop

So I'm in the military stationed in Arkansas and I went home to Wisconsin for vacation (the first time in over a year). After I had been there for about 4 days I noticed a cop was sitting there facing me. I assumed they were going to follow me (Ive had extremely bad luck with traffic cops) because I had my car registered in wisconsin due to being unable to find my title and I didnt have my front license plate on (theres no place to mount it and its not required in arkansas). So low and behold the cop pulls a U-turn and follows me for about 10 blocks. I figured I was good to go as I was driving perfectly. Boom the lights come on and after about 5 minutes she walks up to my car (looked to be about my age between 21-25). She asks me if I knew why she stopped me and I said no. She proceeds to tell me that shes giving me a warning for my exhaust being too loud and the fact that I don't have my front plate on. I said "My exhaust is too loud? I have a regular muffler and an in-line bullet, the exhaust that I have is generally regarded to be one of the quieter exhausts available" I have a hooker cat back and absoulutly love it and its not too loud. She says "Well I didnt notice it to be too loud but I believe that if you were to drive it a certain way it would be too loud" I replied with "Well I dont drive like that" (which was a lie but hey I'm a good driver ). So then I tell her well there is no way to mount my license without damaging my car. And asked her if I can show her. She goes no thats ok you have to figure out a way to get that on there. So then she asks me for my license and proceeds to ask me 3 times if I was sure that I indeed had a license after she had it in her hands. She also neglected to ask for my registration so I suspect she was a rookie. So then she gets back in her car and for 45 minutes sits there I kid you not, 45 minutes in her car while I suspect she was trying to pull of whatever she can to hammer me. Or maybe she just didnt know what she was doing. So at the end I end up having to tiestrap that license plate on untill I left a few days later and snipped it off as soon as I crossed state lines.

Just wanted to hear some input about what you all think about that. Hooker exhaust too loud?? Come on!
Old 10-18-2006, 06:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You shouldve revved up to about 5K in RPM's...then yelled...IS THAT TOO LOUD FOR YOU?! and grabbed her *****.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:35 PM
TECH Resident

most states don't ask for registration anymore. license and insurance, that's it
Old 10-18-2006, 06:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DaGeneral
... and grabbed her *****.

awesome
Old 10-18-2006, 06:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

First of all she can't do anything on the suspicion that your exhaust might be loud if you were to "drive it a certain way". That's like saying "I think your high dollar stereo system might be too loud if you were to turn it up! And as long as you were willing to comply with the front tag mount for as long as you were in town, there was nothing she could do even if she wanted to. Me personally I would have asked for a badge # and made sure I would have gotten her name and her supervisor's name. Then I would be giving her supervisor a call asking if there is nothing more going on in their town that they have to spend 45 min on the suspicion that your exhaust "might" be too loud. Plus I probably would have had a little bit of attitude with the cop after she wasted 45 min of my time with nothing more than an exhaust issue. But thats just me.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:54 PM
Launching!

Yeah but thats the way that town is. Its got a population of 11,000 and there is almost NO crime and since property taxes are REDICULOUSLY high they have an overbudget police force which haggles everyone they can whenever they can. Its my home town but I'm sad to say between that, the winters and the taxes I'm turned off on it and will probably call arkansas my home. In arkansas I hardly ever see cops and when I do they're always a pleasure to deal with. Heck most of the time they ask me to pop the hood and want to talk about it. But I guess thats what I get for paying 550 bucks a year for property taxes on a 130k home with 5 acres...

Yeah I wish I would have been more of an ******* but I'm always curteous to cops just surprising that I always get screwed even though I have no criminal record and am curteous. My record for wisconsin is 5 times being pulled over...6 tickets oh and now this warning.

Also one of the few good things (or maybe bad) things about the state is that insurance isnt required so rates are usually lower. But now that I drive a car worthwhile maybe I should prefer that insurance is required? haha
Bah!
Old 10-18-2006, 07:00 PM
TECH Addict

How is insurance not required? I thought everyone had to have at least liability reguardless of where you live???
Old 10-18-2006, 07:08 PM
Launching!

Nope its a state law that requires it and theres a few states that don't require it. It helps keep rates lower.

Last edited by 1998z28ss; 10-18-2006 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:15 PM
Teching In

Yea I would call the sargent on that, they can only keep you stopped for so long after that they have to have a reason.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

bro that cop is bogus! i havent had my beauty for too long (2 weeks now) and already follwed by 3 cops for atleast 5 minutes each! i've never experienced this before. but my aunt was right about getting these vehicles, she always always said the cops were gonna be hot on my ***. plus mine is red. and we all know the coppers love that. but i've yet to be pulled over with her. luckily thank god.

but yeah as soon as they see me cruisin they go out of their way just to follow me. and i'm not doing anything wrong at all! pigs....
Old 10-18-2006, 11:18 PM
Launching!

**** i live in So Cal and there arent that many cops on the street, but they are major dicks tho! I havent been pulled over in my car yet, but then again its stock still. And if you guys want to get into property tax and housing, that $130k is more like a down payment for a 2 story, 3 bedroom, 2 bath, track house on a 1/4 if an acre....housing is rediculious here...lol...im going to be living at home till im fucken 30!....lol...but i also have a pimp house! 5k square feet on 2 acres. My house is prolly worth about $1.5 mill here...idk about other states....lol
Old 10-19-2006, 12:16 AM
TECH Veteran

ok kyle stop bragging about your house.

yes cops out here are dicks period. ive never been pulled over in my life.

should've kicked her in the ovaries and asked her if thats too loud.

Originally Posted by Black02LS1
**** i live in So Cal and there arent that many cops on the street, but they are major dicks tho! I havent been pulled over in my car yet, but then again its stock still. And if you guys want to get into property tax and housing, that $130k is more like a down payment for a 2 story, 3 bedroom, 2 bath, track house on a 1/4 if an acre....housing is rediculious here...lol...im going to be living at home till im fucken 30!....lol...but i also have a pimp house! 5k square feet on 2 acres. My house is prolly worth about $1.5 mill here...idk about other states....lol
Old 10-19-2006, 04:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

HIGH PROPERTY TAXES!...How about 2900 per year for property taxes on a home I bought (about 3 years ago) for 160k.

I get a ticket each and every time that I get pulled over...no warning cops around here.

QUOTE=1998z28ss]Yeah but thats the way that town is. Its got a population of 11,000 and there is almost NO crime and since property taxes are REDICULOUSLY high they have an overbudget police force which haggles everyone they can whenever they can. Its my home town but I'm sad to say between that, the winters and the taxes I'm turned off on it and will probably call arkansas my home. In arkansas I hardly ever see cops and when I do they're always a pleasure to deal with. Heck most of the time they ask me to pop the hood and want to talk about it. But I guess thats what I get for paying 550 bucks a year for property taxes on a 130k home with 5 acres...

Yeah I wish I would have been more of an ******* but I'm always curteous to cops just surprising that I always get screwed even though I have no criminal record and am curteous. My record for wisconsin is 5 times being pulled over...6 tickets oh and now this warning.

Also one of the few good things (or maybe bad) things about the state is that insurance isnt required so rates are usually lower. But now that I drive a car worthwhile maybe I should prefer that insurance is required? haha
Bah![/QUOTE]

Last edited by v8hunter; 10-19-2006 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I live in sherwood AR, am I'm dang happy we don't have to put the front license on.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:19 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

property taxes are 6 grand a year here in NJ, so no one better bitch...and i live in the middle of the woods. in the more populated areas i've heard of people paying 8k a year.

i got pulled over a few months ago for going 58 in a 55. he only held me for ~10 minutes, but needless to say i was pissed.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:27 PM
Launching!

I wasnt complaining about MY taxes as I live in arkansas now. I love paying 550 dollars a year versus my mother pays about 3k annually for a 100,000 dollar home in wisconsin.

Also 1cleanbird cool meeting other people in the area I live in cabot. I'm stationed here in jacksonville.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:47 PM
On The Tree

i wish houses were still about 100k here.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:16 PM
10 Second Club

That blows! Milwaukee PD never cared about the whole front plate thing. Guess I'm lucky.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:13 PM
Launching!

hehe boobies.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was a police officer for about three years in North Carolina(live in Arkansas now). and to me it sounds like she was just released from training and wanted to pull someone over. Sorry about your bad experience bro. I guess it is the car I picked mine up from Texas last week and drove it home to Arkansas on the way I got pulled over once and followed twice after that. Oh well i guess they are just jealous that Im driving the faster car.