Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

driver door sagging neeed help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default driver door sagging neeed help!

so my old t/a was like this and now i got my new t/a and im having the same problem. my driver door saggs a bit i guess because when i open the door it rubs the fender and makes that little popping noise and now its started rubbig the paint off on that part of the door. when i lift up on the door an open it it doesnt rub. i tried lifting up on the door pretty hard to bend it upwards a little bit and it is a temporary fix but now its getting worse. what do i need to do to fix this, i mean im not gonna go buy new door hinges and re hang the door lol. but it sure as hell doesnt work perfectly like my pass door....that thing works like its brand new and the door handle is much better. has anyone ever fixed this problem? i really am just getting sick of it to be honest
Old 02-12-2007, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

The easiest way to get it fixed is to take it to any body shop and let them readjust it. Won't take very long and shouldn't be very expensive.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:31 PM
Staging Lane

yeah i will try that thanks
Old 02-12-2007, 11:37 PM
On The Tree

Did it work? I have the same problem with both my doors.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 443 Likes on 354 Posts

You don't need hinges. You need to have the door pins replaced. It's a relatively simple job and any bodyshop should be able to do it for a minimal amount of money. The pins won't cost more than $25
Old 02-13-2007, 07:05 AM
On The Tree

you can buy a door hinge detent kit... i had this problem with my 68 camaro.... all years fbodys do this... cause the doors are so long and heavy.... the kit should have everything to basically rebuild the hinge, bushings pins ect.... should fix you right up
Old 02-14-2007, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

my drivers door on my 98 ta was cracked. i was told by the body shop it was common with fbodies and was a poor design by gm. look at your hinges and see if where it bolts to the door is cracked. if it is replace the door. dont try to fix it for it will be a waste of time and money. it will last for only a sjhort period of time. hope my bad expeirnce helps.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

My car has 27,000 miles and my driver door sags a bit. annoys the hell out of me.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:43 AM
Staging Lane

let me share a bit of info on this subject in case anyone is interested. i took my car to a body shop today to have it fixed and the guy told me the hinges werent bad or the door pins, (he owed 2 camaros) and told me that these cars hit bumps and it eventually bends the fender in a little bit causing that to happen. so he loosend my fender and re adjusted everything and got everything back in place and im telling you my door opens and shuts like a brand new one and i couldnt be happier because that got on my nerves more than anything and the best part is it only cost me 60 bucks!!! whooo hoooo i am pumped!

Quick Reply: driver door sagging neeed help!