Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOS need i say more?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOS need i say more?

I've got a 01 T/A with relatively little mods, but want a little more. Should i go with bigger heads and cam, or a little juice? Also, would dry of wet run better, especially if its a small shot, like 50 or 75?
Any help is great.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:19 PM
12 Second Club

i would do a cam, then you wont have to fill up the tank when you want to play.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Heads and cam unless you are looking for a cheap way to go like Hell!! But just imagine if you got the heads and cam... and then put the juice to her!!!
Old 11-23-2007, 08:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First thing don't refer to it as "nos". It's N2O. NOS is a brand, just like NX, Edelbrock, etc. Whenever I/most car people hear someone say that, we automatically think they are un-educated or a ricer.

Now back to the subject at hand. I run a dry kit, and like it quite well. 50-75 hp shots aren't ****, you'll want at least a 100, or your not gonna be impressed. You can run a 100rwhp shot on your car with the stock fuel system with no problems.

I have heads/cam AND juice, and if you have the money, go heads/cam first. It's there all the time. If I had to have one or the other, I would pick heads/cam.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:32 PM
Teching In

Now back to the subject at hand. I run a dry kit, and like it quite well. 50-75 hp shots aren't ****, you'll want at least a 100, or your not gonna be impressed. You can run a 100rwhp shot on your car with the stock fuel system with no problems.

Thks for the info on the N20, what is the best brand for running the dry kit, or heads/cam, I think ill go both.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea it all depends on if you want the power there all the time
like said above h/c dont require you to fill a bottle
and as my boy always says, "Babies suck on bottles, real mean get blown"
Old 11-23-2007, 10:34 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by T/Amwickd
Thks for the info on the N20, what is the best brand for running the dry kit, or heads/cam, I think ill go both.
There's not really a "best" brand. There's ALOT of options out there, it all depends on what you are wanting, and how much you want to spend. Browse some of the sponsors and see what you like best.

My dry kit is one of the originals-NOS 5177 kit. I've had it for 3yrs+, and on 2 different cars, and it's been good to me. If you were to go with it, just don't use the default location for the nozzles, there is a much better location to mount them.

When it comes to heads/cam setups, there are alot of choices out there as well. The only 2 I would spend my money on though, would be AFR, which I have, or the TFS heads. Both have shown to be good performers. My setup is pretty mild when it comes to the camshaft. It's only a 228/230, but with everything working together, it pumps out 446/411 through 4.10s with the stock intake and my self-ported TB, and propels the car to 122 mph trap speeds full weight.

It really all depends on the goals for your car and how you use it when it comes to choosing a heads/cam setup to meet those given requirements/expectations.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:36 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99HorseSlayer
and as my boy always says, "Babies suck on bottles, real mean get blown"
Or as I say....."If bottles are for babies, why are you the only one crying?"
Old 11-23-2007, 10:59 PM
Launching!

ya man u should some bolt ons first and if ur goin to spray stock heads can handle 150 all day. and i would do a wet shot
Old 11-23-2007, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BriancWS6
Or as I say....."If bottles are for babies, why are you the only one crying?"
lol hahahaha hey i cant argue with him he has a lt1 in the bottom of the 10's with no juice, once he finishes his current mods it'll be in the 9's
but no offence to anyone who sprays its just a personal preferance of mine
i want my power to be there always with no limit of running out
Old 11-24-2007, 12:01 AM
Launching!

ya but its a cheep way to go fast
Old 11-24-2007, 12:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ms4z28
unless you dont know what the **** you're doing, then its a fast way to blow **** up
CHEAP,FAST,RELIABLE (Pick TWO)
Old 11-24-2007, 12:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

o and do have an automatic or a manual if u have and auto go with like a 4200 stall and a manual go with either a stage 2 or an ls7 with ls2 flywheel which is wat i have an ls7
ya i think u should with some slp long tube headers x-pipe and 2 mufflers and get a true dual 3 inch exhaust. then get an under drive pulley ls6 intake manifold and a ported throttle body dont worry about a MAF cencor you dont need a bigger one and go find a guy that does a good dyno tune on the ls1 cars ull gane some good power, then some gears and slicks and that will be good until u get ready for heads and cam kit

dude, you're ******* killing me with you spelling
CHEAP
this is the third post of yours that the spelling is all off
not trying to be a dick but its annoying
Old 11-24-2007, 12:30 AM
Launching!

yeah u got a point i guess im not really paying attention.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah u got a point i guess im not really paying attention.
its cool man its just a lil annoying when you're reading someone's post who is smart enough to type correctly
if I though you were stupid i wouldnt even point it out k bro
Old 11-24-2007, 12:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

sorry OP
Old 11-24-2007, 12:58 AM
11 Second Club

In my opinion, nitrous before major boltons is the cheap n amateur way to go fast! I have met some dumbass people who get nitrous installed on their cars after a freakin lid and exhaust! That's ridiculous! There's nothin like goin all throttle before bottle! Once u got heads/cam imagine the possibilities with a little juice!!!

P.S. And about the misspelling chill out people this is the internet n abbreviations are part of forums and chattin! I abbreviate and misspell incorrectly on purpose in forums and I can school anyone in proper english written/spoken! (I know this will cause some controversy for those who criticized the poor guy for misspelling so bring it!!) I do have an extended education in case u wonder!!!! This isn't the only thread this guy bashes someone for misspelling.

Last edited by conde'strans; 11-24-2007 at 01:09 AM. Reason: mistake
Old 11-24-2007, 01:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by conde'strans
In my opinion, nitrous before major boltons is the cheap n amateur way to go fast! I have met some dumbass people who get nitrous installed on their cars after a freakin lid and exhaust! That's ridiculous! There's nothin like goin all throttle before bottle! Once u got heads/cam imagine the possibilities with a little juice!!!

P.S. And about the misspelling chill out people this is the internet n abbreviations are part of forums and chattin! I abbreviate and misspell incorrectly on purpose in forums and I can school anyone in proper english written/spoken! (I know this will cause some controversy for those who criticized the poor guy for misspelling so bring it!!) I do have an extended education in case u wonder!!!! This isn't the only thread this guy bashes someone for misspelling.
no one said anything about abbreviations chief so dont get your panties in a twist, I didnt flame him , he wasnt offended, so stop trying to make something out of nothing,
P.S. if you think i'm the only one annoyed by people misspelling take a look through half of the threads on here
Old 11-24-2007, 06:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by T/Amwickd
I've got a 01 T/A with relatively little mods, but want a little more. Should i go with bigger heads and cam, or a little juice? Also, would dry of wet run better, especially if its a small shot, like 50 or 75?
Any help is great.
What exactly are your current mods? A good heads/cam package isn't going to be cheap, especially if you are paying for labor.
A bolt-on LS1 F-body with a 100shot is nothing to take lightly and can be put together on the cheap. For a 100shot, just get a simple dry-kit from one of the supporting vendors or the "classifieds". Also get a bottle-heater and a window-switch.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Benjamin Russick
What exactly are your current mods? A good heads/cam package isn't going to be cheap, especially if you are paying for labor.
A bolt-on LS1 F-body with a 100shot is nothing to take lightly and can be put together on the cheap. For a 100shot, just get a simple dry-kit from one of the supporting vendors or the "classifieds". Also get a bottle-heater and a window-switch.
I'll be doing the work myself for the h/c, but am a little lost on the N20 kits and how best to set it up, ive heard that the timing needs to be changed, but is it necessary w/ out head and cam?