New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo ls6

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo ls6

soooo i got a chance to pick up in couple of weeks new ride 05 caddilac cts-v, and as a car person i already got couple of picks what to do with the body, but i need to do something to the engine as well.... every one super charge their ls's but i want to be a lil different, my good friend is in turbo cars and knows lots about them so he sudgested to turbo mine, got me thinking does anyone else on here got something like that? that did you do? ss there any kits to do so? and things like that... thanks guys
Old 02-20-2008, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

ibtl------try searching around the site, there are devoted forums
Old 02-20-2008, 11:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

TTI is a sponser here and might have something. They could probably do something even if they don't have a kit. APS could also and I believe they are sponsers too. Those are the two places I would suggest you check out. I have dealt with TTI and can say they are a good shop and take care of their customers. APS I have not dealt with but I haven't heard anything bad about them.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:11 AM
TECH Resident

Keep the boost under 7# - or you'll be looking for a forged rotating assembly real soon. You'll need a new fuel pump and bigger injecors too, not to mention stronger springs to prevent valve float under boost. Have fun, FI is a slippery, expensive slope.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:08 PM
TECH Resident

Kits- TTi makes a street and a race kit, Aps makes a TT kit, OFI makes a T4 and a T6 kit, Kentucky turbo make a Truck manifold kit, LS1 Turbo makes a TT kit, and Speed inc, Stenoid, and a few other shops make one off kits.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:19 PM
TECH Resident

Forgot the rearmount guys STS and Texas rear tubos. There's quite a few few guys that have made their own. The ones I've mentioned are sponsers only; their are others also.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sick_boy_008
soooo i got a chance to pick up in couple of weeks new ride 05 caddilac cts-v, and as a car person i already got couple of picks what to do with the body, but i need to do something to the engine as well.... every one super charge their ls's but i want to be a lil different, my good friend is in turbo cars and knows lots about them so he sudgested to turbo mine, got me thinking does anyone else on here got something like that? that did you do? ss there any kits to do so? and things like that... thanks guys
Get with Thunder racing. They built a 1000rwhp CTSV. Built 416 with a supercharger. Bad *** car!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 12:00 AM
Teching In

after seeing this thread i contacted these shops and they all said that they don't have any turbo kits for the cts-v... does any one have any other leads on a turbo Ls6 kit????
Old 03-13-2008, 08:58 AM
TECH Addict

did you try
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=434
Old 03-14-2008, 06:45 AM
TECH Resident

You are eighter going to have to make a turbo kit yourself or get a SC kit like procharger. Bob at EPP(sponser) is the man when it comes to them.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Talking

Originally Posted by deadmanTA
You are eighter going to have to make a turbo kit yourself or get a SC kit like procharger. Bob at EPP(sponser) is the man when it comes to them.
If i wanted to supercharge the V, this procharger kit looks like the way to go but The ls6 already has great mid band power and a high end punch from a turbo would rip up on the track.

plus think of the snap, crackling, backfires that this thing would !!!

im still looking around looking for a turbo setup so let me know if anyone hears about any Turbo Vs..