Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

New Orleans Put the greasy talk here...PiMp

shreveport/bossier hang out!

Old 07-20-2008, 05:01 PM   #1201
Staging Lane

Trader Rating: 3

Hey guys I'm from Bastrop which is bout 30 miles from Monroe. I don't know if yall have heard about the Monroe Speedway but I think it would be cool to have a nice F-body meet there. They let street cars run during half time thing. I ran my 98z last nite, first time to ever be on a track, and lost to an 08 Evo by about 3 car lengths. I need to get to Shreveport and get together with all you guys!
ilovemywhitepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 05:31 PM   #1202
TECH Resident

Trader Rating: 11

The TA that won Friday has a completely stock 4l60 that we rebuilt about 2 1/2 yrs ago and it runs mid 11's all day long shifting at 6800. And it's not like your average LSX car on this site that only wants to race 2-3 times a year when it 50 degrees outside, it's at the track at least 2-3 weekends a month.

I can't figure out what has happened to people that like to race. When I started racing back in the late 80's- early 90's, Hallsville would have TnT on Wed, Thurs and have TnT and bracket racing Fri, Sat and Sun. and there would be 60+ cars in the street class every night it was open! I don't know if it's just that the younger guys wives won't allow it or what it is but it just ain't right! If I didn't race my Z I'd have no use for.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:52 PM   #1203
10 Second Club

Trader Rating: 1
Send a message via AIM to StreetStalkerZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cainsw View Post
The TA that won Friday has a completely stock 4l60 that we rebuilt about 2 1/2 yrs ago and it runs mid 11's all day long shifting at 6800. And it's not like your average LSX car on this site that only wants to race 2-3 times a year when it 50 degrees outside, it's at the track at least 2-3 weekends a month.

I can't figure out what has happened to people that like to race. When I started racing back in the late 80's- early 90's, Hallsville would have TnT on Wed, Thurs and have TnT and bracket racing Fri, Sat and Sun. and there would be 60+ cars in the street class every night it was open! I don't know if it's just that the younger guys wives won't allow it or what it is but it just ain't right! If I didn't race my Z I'd have no use for.
The two main reasons i think are economy and temperatures in the upper 90s.

I know of about 4 LS1 F bodies (3 of them are in the 10s) that are not happy about the way ken and molly prep the track,along with dragging *** on clean ups. The last time i was there they opened up 2 hours late, I made 4 passes with 60fts. in the 1.70s then they announced they were still closing at 5:00 I watched atleast half the parking lot pack up and leave by 3:00 that afternoon. This time of year is not the greatest for racing and with gas prices as high as $4.30 a gallon it is killing our hobby.

For me i have things that need to be fixed on the car before i can go back to the track so that is what has been keeping me from racing for the last 4 months,along with cooper cutting us back to 4 days a week because of the lack of tire sales. My bills and family come before racing but if things get back to normal i will get back to drag racing the car more.

www.fquick.com/StreetStalker
Forged 370 6.0L/2.5 LS6 heads/Comp.Cam/Victor JR intake/4150 TB/Moser 9"/Wolfe and BMR suspension/Yank converter
StreetStalkerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:41 PM   #1204
TECH Resident

I have had no problems hooking the 6speed up even in the 90 degree weather. It's been pulling the same 1.59-1.62 60's for the last year very consistently. I still think you need to tinker with your suspension some since you've added all that nose weight with the iron block. That is when your 60ft trouble seems to have started. Remember the day I pulled my best ever 60ft you couldn't hook to save your life so thats why I think suspension is more of your issue than track prep.

Now I'm not saying the prep is perfect but it hasn't been that bad. I know mine doesn't run 10's but I know for a fact that with the 6 speed I have to hit the tires much harder than a high 10 sec auto car.

Temps never scared folks away back in the days when you, Dan and I use to tear em up in the pre-RRR days. I know you remember back then going to H-ville and there would be 250-300 cars every night.

I hear you on the cut back at work, I've been off 3 weeks now. Might be going to one shift soon.

RRR has changed the start time on Fridays to 6 so thats alot better. And I got there soon after the gates opened on Friday and I watched them spray 3 passes down both lanes all the way to the finish line. Maybe they're waking up?

Last edited by cainsw; 07-20-2008 at 09:52 PM..
cainsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:50 PM   #1205
12 Second Club

Send a message via Yahoo to caddobass

All of us understand what the cost of fuel is doing to us. With the economy the way it is it is really hard for all of us to go to the track and run on a regular schedule like we did in the past. But as for the track, Red River Raceway is our drag strip and it's not all that bad. The fact is it's a damn good track. Everyone is racing on the same surface and that is what makes our sport great, conditions change, the track changes and the driver & car have to change with it. I know we don't hook everytime, but that is why we have a winner & a loser each round. Please don't knock our track, we are trying to get cars out to race. I am not racing the track, I'm racing the guy in the other lane.
2002 SS Camaro Convertible stock motor & tranny, Jet Hot L/T headers, no cats, cut-out, Moser 9" 3:89 with aluminum center section, BMR adj. TA, BMR adj. LCA's, BMR weld in FC's, BMR cross brace & driveshaft loop, dyno tune, Summit Sport Slots/ Goodyear Eagle SS radials 275/50R15 & Kumho 165/80R15 fronts, 1/4 mile 12.605 @ 110.39. To come Wolfe 6 point with swing outs, cam motion 222/226 cam, cam motion lifters, ported heads & Yank SS4000 stall.http://efiracing.proboards92.com
caddobass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:00 PM   #1206
Teching In

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01ssreda4 View Post
i think they used to do t and t on saturdays but i havent seen that in a while. i could make it to all of those. im afraid with the stall coverter, tune and soon a cam that my stock 4l60 will be taking a **** on me soon. im trying not to tear anything up bc im about to basically quit work and go to school. i dont think my old lady wants to foot the bill for a 2 thousand dollar built tranny. gotta take it easy on it for a while. after school is over though im gonna try to tear it up......
Ha I just quit work and started school myself!!! Bought a new engine with my severance
12.32 1/4
115 mph
firemedic0135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:34 PM   #1207
11 Second Club

Trader Rating: 29

Work has hindered me from making the racing events. Ya'll can ask Kristi how upset I am about not making them. I'm planning on being there friday the 26th, and hopefully one of my co-workers will be coming with me in his S-10 that runs low 10's. The heat nor the economy bother's me at all. I'm gonna go every chance I can. I know the cool weather makes the ET's look better, but this is my SUMMER hobby. Cool weather is for the deer stand. I've always enjoyed this sport, but meeting up with Chris, Wayne, Bob, and so many other's at the track really boosted my interest since now I have someone to race with/agianst. Most of ya'll know my work situation, that's why I try to let ya'll know when I'm going ahead of time so that we all can get together and race whether it's an event or just TnT.

http://www.fquick.com/blue98z
blue98Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:21 PM   #1208
TECH Resident

I wasn't aiming that little rant at anyone in particular about going to the track I was just talking about now verses just 5-6 yrs ago. I'll probably make it out this week with my new setup for a few shake down runs.

We need to all ( everyone thats interested) pick us a Friday night that most of us can make to the track and just have us a Friday night beat down. No bracket racing, just a day we can all go and hang out BS and do some grudge racing. We just all show up at the track that night and have a good time. Who'd be up for that?
Old 07-21-2008, 03:31 PM   #1209
11 Second Club

Put me down for several beat downs please Maybe by then, she'll be ready to hand out a few beat downs of her own. Need to get with McBride sometime soon. Fixin to put the bumpstick in.

Chris, I know you weren't aiming at anyone and I didn't mean to come across as if you were. I just wish I could make it more than I do. I've got everything for the car and I'm gonna be spending the next few weeks after this weekend putting stuff on. All I have left, are the cam/springs/pushrods/oil pump/timing chain/rod bolts/gears/motor mounts/UD pulley/injectors/and a tune. I'm trying to get ready for the LSX shootout this year cause I'd really like to attend even though I probably won't be anything but a donation, but none the less it'll be fun and an experience.

Old 07-21-2008, 05:37 PM   #1210
12 Second Club

Hey Josh you talking about going to RRR on friday the 25th, if so I 'll try to make it and I know Chris is wanting to run his new set-up. What do ya'll say? The gates open at 6 PM I think. Want to meet about 7:30 to let the temp start to drop a little? Anyone that can make it, come on out. We'll be around the old beer garden at the end of the grandstands.
2002 SS Camaro Convertible stock motor & tranny, Jet Hot L/T headers, no cats, cut-out, Moser 9" 3:89 with aluminum center section, BMR adj. TA, BMR adj. LCA's, BMR weld in FC's, BMR cross brace & driveshaft loop, dyno tune, Summit Sport Slots/ Goodyear Eagle SS radials 275/50R15 & Kumho 165/80R15 fronts, 1/4 mile 12.605 @ 110.39. To come Wolfe 6 point with swing outs, cam motion 222/226 cam, cam motion lifters, ported heads & Yank SS4000 stall.http://efiracing.proboards92.com
Old 07-21-2008, 07:45 PM   #1211
TECH Senior Member

Trader Rating: 88

i might try to make it....prolly wont bring the SS but it will be fun to come watch.

01 SS Rally Red A4 #4987, 04 Yukon XL Denali, 99 Cadillac STS-SOLD
01ssreda4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:19 PM   #1212
12 Second Club

Hey Steve have you ever welded a six point in one of our cars? I've had a Wolfe six point with swing outs on both sides laying around here for two years. It's mild steel and my car is a vert.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:25 PM   #1213
11 Second Club

Yeah Wayne, I meant the 25th. I'm planning on being there. Wanna see how much this LS6 intake is actually gonna drop me. Was going to do the gears, but we're probably moving this week and I didn't need the car to be down since I'll have to move it also. So it'll be done while I'm doing all the rest of the stuff I have for it.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:07 AM   #1214
11 Second Club

Trader Rating: 37

i want to go sooo bad and run. I just don't have the money lately. I have been shelling out so much cash the past month and a half from everything to new cell phones, taxes on 2 vehicles we just bought, not to mention lawyer fees for some trouble i got my self into back in march, fines and all kinds of ****. I could have done bought my draglites and slicks two times over now. I am tired of this ****. I would love to come out and race more often. Life isn't being fair to me right now.
Watch out or the boost will ninja it's way into the motor!!!!
taws6m6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:35 AM   #1215
TECH Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddobass View Post
Hey Steve have you ever welded a six point in one of our cars? I've had a Wolfe six point with swing outs on both sides laying around here for two years. It's mild steel and my car is a vert.
only thing i have welded on camaros is exhaust and subframe connectors. mild steel is super easy to weld and the fact that your car is a vert means it would be ridiculously easy to seal all the intersects up.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:32 AM   #1216
12 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by taws6m6 View Post
i want to go sooo bad and run. I just don't have the money lately. I have been shelling out so much cash the past month and a half from everything to new cell phones, taxes on 2 vehicles we just bought, not to mention lawyer fees for some trouble i got my self into back in march, fines and all kinds of ****. I could have done bought my draglites and slicks two times over now. I am tired of this ****. I would love to come out and race more often. Life isn't being fair to me right now.
I was just in some big trouble law wise and not the first time. I was real lucky not to go to jail for 8 to 16 years. So I feel your pain, I still have not got my head above water. Good luck has got to come our way! Hang in there
Old 07-22-2008, 05:36 PM   #1217
TECH Senior Member

wayne i can help you with the cage.....

Last edited by 01ssreda4; 07-22-2008 at 08:08 PM..
Old 07-22-2008, 09:53 PM   #1218
TECH Senior Member

hilton is on youtube........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py1YhWiznag

Old 07-22-2008, 11:16 PM   #1219
12 Second Club

Trader Rating: 6
Send a message via Yahoo to 1FST-Z

I can watch that ******' video over and over and over....

2009-11 Greenwood Garage, L.L.C.
1FST-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:14 AM   #1220
Tough Mudder

Trader Rating: 36

Nice! Yesterday I washed all six of the TT2s, but only polished 3 of them.

Sell me your guns.
Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:14 AM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement