Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guys need help here with N20! PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 10:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guys need help here with N20! PLEASE!!!

OK you can read my signature below to see everything done to my car. I read every damn page of the wet vs. dry forum and still cannot make up my mind. I just want to know what is the safest kit for what i have done to my car and i will not EVER be spraying over 100 shot so keep that in mind please. I know i am going with a HSW kit. Only spraying 75-100 will i need bigger injectors and tuning and other things. Post any advice you can give please cause im ready to order but can not decide. Just want the safest and least tuning i will have to do. Really getting a kit more for show than spray. Thanks in advance guys.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:44 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would suggest a wet plate kit. They are safe and take your fuel injectors out of the equation, but then your fuel pump is still an issue.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:53 AM
11 Second Club

From the sticky
https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...s-related.html

Wet vs. Dry
These questions will come up alot, so I'll try to address them now. The main difference between the 2 is the Wet kit injects fuel AND nitrous into the intake tract, whereas the Dry kit will only inject nitrous. They both have their advantages and drawbacks. If you're new to nitrous, Dry is probably for you. Its very simple to install, mostly plug and play and gives the most hit. Wet kits are generally a smoother hit comparatively and require more installation. Dry kits do not inject more fuel into the intake directly, but if nothing else was done, your engine would lean WAY out, and thats never good. What the dry kit does is fool the fuel pressure regulator into thinking its not adding enough fuel. It opens it up (or closes it, however the LS1 works)[LSx platform uses the MAF to tell pcm to add fuel thru injectors, and LTx uses reg to spike fuel pressure with aux fuel pump. Robert56] and adds more fuel that way. The problem with this is its very easy to lean out. If the vaccuum line pops off or something goes wrong with the FPR, you can lose fuel and this can damage your engine in no time if the nitrous isnt turned off. Also, you'll probably get people telling you that you cant run big shots on dry. This is not true. USA Motorsports used to competitively race using a 2 stage dry kit 175-300.
Wet on the other hand is the most tuneable of the 2 (not including foggers or direct port, I'll go over that later). It adds additional fuel through a seperate solenoid and atomizes it with the nitrous in the intake tract. This is safer in the sense that you dont rely on the FPR to add more fuel, but the downside is if you shut down too early and do not stop spraying early enough, the fuel/nitrous mixture can puddle up inside the intake and cause a nitrous backfire. If you have never seen one, I hope you never do. They are not pretty. I had one in my old racecar. It was a 250 shot and it blew halfway down the track. The hood was toast, the intake was split in 3 pieces, TB cracked in half and the MAF was blown away somewhere and couldnt be found. Not fun. While this isnt a common occurance, it IS possable.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:14 AM
12 Second Club

lol, yeah, go back and read that thread again, and ExeSSive is wrong, the wet kits do NOT take your injectors out of the picture, if you have a problem with an injector that cylinder will still not be burning right. Both kits can easily be set up safe, i preferr dry on an FI car, some preferr WET. It is up to you, it sounds like you need someone to hold your hand and say everything is going to be okay, well it is all in that thread go back and read it again. Both can be good and safe and you can screw up both it you really try. Sounds like you are making a good decision by going HSW though
Old 12-26-2008, 09:33 AM
11 Second Club

wtf x2 post
Old 12-26-2008, 09:34 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by evilbeef54
lol, yeah, go back and read that thread again, and ExeSSive is wrong, the wet kits do NOT take your injectors out of the picture, if you have a problem with an injector that cylinder will still not be burning right. Both kits can easily be set up safe, i preferr dry on an FI car, some preferr WET. It is up to you, it sounds like you need someone to hold your hand and say everything is going to be okay, well it is all in that thread go back and read it again. Both can be good and safe and you can screw up both it you really try. Sounds like you are making a good decision by going HSW though
if you have an injector issue your screwed either way, more so on a dry though
Old 12-26-2008, 06:52 PM
Launching!

well my last car i had a NX wet kit and sprayed 150 all stock except LT's and a stall and went 11.40 just want to **** up something with all this motor work done.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evilbeef54
I am not wrong...As Ruckus said if you have an injector fail you are probably screwed either way. My reference was to his question about are his injectors big enough. If you use a wet kit then the kit will add the extra fuel requirements and the injectors don't have to make up for the changing intake charge unlike a dry kit that forces your fuel pump and injectors to take care of it all. Or you could always go stand alone fuel system with separate pump and all.