Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So i pulled the plugs after my 2nd n20 pass

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So i pulled the plugs after my 2nd n20 pass

Well recently i went with a wet system, using a n20 outlet plate, and nx solenoids. anyways, i put the 50 jets in i believe i went 1 size bigger on the fuel, nx called for a 20 and i went with a 22 and i belive the n20 was a 32 but dont know for sure,

anyhow, make a pass take the car deep into 3rd, shut her down, and pull the plugs, they all look identical, 7 looks perfect as does 5 identical to the front, a hint of white but all in all clean.

my question is, do i need to step up to a bigger shot to see what the car is really doing. or does reading the plugs after a 50 hold just as much importance as a 250? well obviously a/f needs to be spot on for a big hit but you know what i mean.

car is a 6speed and was sprayed with 100 unleaded from the pump.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only TRUE way to read the plug is, run it hard, turn off and get off to the side near the return road and shut if off, DO NOT give a chance to idle and check all plugs. Thats the honest way to see at the moment the car was on the spray, how the plugs were behaving.

50 should not need ANY worry since running some fuel that is slightly better then pump, but as you go up, tune, and safety stuff is critical as well as bottle PSI, you just want to be safe and keep the car alive. Also be aware, adding more fuel may hurt, rather then help. (try to keep to the recommended jetting size, again at a 50 hit, it should NOT be an issue.)

How much timing in the motor??
Old 01-12-2009, 10:46 AM

Old 01-12-2009, 10:48 AM

thats what i did, shut it off and coasted home, and im not sure about timing, ill have to check with someone that has my tune saved, it does have an all motor tune on it thou, and i figured going richer rather than leaner, in this small shot would be beneficial me not knowing the a/f id rather be big rich than lean, and the way the plugs read is im sitting pretty damn good right now.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:50 AM

also, i will only spray the car if im sitting in the 900 range,
Old 01-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Internet Mechanic

Looks clean to me, and assuming no spots from the aluminum your fine, you can prob throw a 75 or 100 on there w/o issue even considering the all motor tune.

If you can get a shop to run the car on the spray, dyno and get a wide band reading to really "know" how it is running. Which should be fine.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:01 AM

yes, i am just tinkering around right now, but plan on taking it to a buddys shop and getting an n20 tune and deff stepping up the hit. its just hard to justify taking vacation in an economy like this, im sure we can all relate. but i hope to make it down this sat in fact, get her tuned, and really feel what she's got, so far im in love with her, it is kinda like buying you girlfriend dirty lingerie lol, cheap exciting fun.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by SStud
so far im in love with her, it is kinda like buying you girlfriend dirty lingerie lol, cheap exciting fun.

Im not going to touch that one lol, let us know the before and afters, maybe do runs showing the all moto, 50, 100, 150 etc etc.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:48 AM

will do, thanks for you help and insight
Old 01-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Launching!

http://www.wallaceracing.com/plug-reading-lm.html