Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking into nitrous..

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 09:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking into nitrous..

I'm very new to all of this, aside from reading the stickies in this forum, and listening to my dad rave about it for years since his experience with it (think early 80's - 90's.. too much has changed since then for him to help me on the LS1) I have no experience with it at all. I'm looking to do a basic setup of around 125-150 shot (Looking to be around 450-500 RWHP). The engine is mostly stock (only mods in sig) and she is my DD, only 81k miles. Whats the safest/cheapest (College budget) setup I can go with?

I was thinking just a dry shot to help keep cost down. let me know what you guys think would be best for what I want.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:23 AM
FormerVendor

a single nozzle dry shot would certainly be a cost effective system. one thing you have to keep in mind when going dry is that you may need an injector upgrade. Based on your mods i would guess you could do between a 75 and a 100 without upgrading. Thats just a guess though and it vary's by car. With a dry kit you may also need some additional tuning.

I think a single nozzle wet kit may be the best option for you. You'll be ok on the stock fuel pump staying around a 100-125 shot. I would also suggest looking at adding a fuel safety accesories. Window switch, bottle heater, plugs, nitrous filter, etc.

check out our website and see if anything interests you. If you have anymore questions at all, shoot me a pm and ill get right back to you.

Last edited by Mike@HSW; 05-30-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:29 AM
12 Second Club

The only thing I'd be concerned about with the dry shot is maxing out your injectors on a shot that size (maybe one of the dry guys can chime in about that). When I had a dry kit a couple years ago I hit it with a 125 and the A/F was good but I didn't have HP Tuners hooked up so I can't tell you what the injectors duty cycle was. Since you said you read the stickies I assume you know what accessories you need or should have at least.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:41 AM
TECH Regular

I may need to upgrade the fuel pump anyways, I recall the tuner saying my car was trying to lean out hardcore over 5500rpm. He suggested it may be the fuel filter, or the pump going out, I'll look into both before putting the juice to her. Any suggestions on a good pump/injectors? keep in mind still trying to go budget and do nitrous lol.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:43 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
a single nozzle dry shot would certainly be a cost effective system. one thing you have to keep in mind when going dry is that you may need an injector upgrade. Based on your mods i would guess you could do between a 75 and a 100 without upgrading. Thats just a guess though and it vary's by car. With a dry kit you may also need some additional tuning.

I think a single nozzle wet kit may be the best option for you. You'll be ok on the stock fuel pump staying around a 100-125 shot. I would also suggest looking at adding a fuel safety accesories. Window switch, bottle heater, plugs, nitrous filter, etc.

check out our website and see if anything interests you. If you have anymore questions at all, shoot me a pm and ill get right back to you.
thanks mike, I will definitely be using a window switch. With the M6 I have no choice, still debating the bottle heater though. Tuning is no issue, my tuner offers free re-tuning, just have to pay for dyno time (usually around $60 is all it takes he informed me)
Old 05-30-2009, 10:44 AM
FormerVendor

first thing i would recommend is doing everything right the first time. It may take a few months to save up the cash, but you'll be better off in the end. I would suggest the racetronix kit and what injectors to go with will depend on what type of nitrous system you go with. Your stock injectors will be fine for the wet shot.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:12 PM
12 Second Club

hsw kits are nice do it once and do it right
Old 05-30-2009, 01:49 PM
11 Second Club

HSW has great customer service also. I would give them a call.
As for the fuel pump, I would go with a walbro 255.
My car was doing the same thing, it would go real lean when they were tuning it. They changed out the fuel pump and the filter and fixed that problem...