Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Homemade Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homemade Kit

Nozzles are too expensive, same as the kits. Why not just plumb a -4AN line from bottle to Intake and crack the bottle when racing. That would work right?
Old 12-01-2003, 02:40 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Did you not see the video where they did that to a Honda Civic? You need to ratio the mixture going in, typically with fuel for a wet kit. If you do it dry you need enough fuel off the injectors to support it. No matter who you are though you need to use the jets to control the amount of nitrous going into the motor. But until then you could always rent a car and test your theories. It very well may work for .1 seconds. As far as reliability goes, well we would just have to throw that out the window with this one.
Old 12-01-2003, 03:01 PM
TECH Addict

lol..

while that's probably a good recipie for a bunch of expensive paperweights, it'd be a good idea to at least use 1 solenoid and some kind of jetting.

simply opening the bottle is first of all VERY innefective for achieving your desired results. and second of all, you wouldnt be able to close it fast enough after you were finished w/ a run. you need more aspects of control in the system. soleniods, metering jets, activation/deactivaion mechanisims, ect ect..
Old 12-01-2003, 04:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Good Lord
Old 12-01-2003, 04:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

somebody please tell me this is a joke, "Genxreject, please step away from the vehicle and put the keys down"
Old 12-01-2003, 06:59 PM
TECH Regular

I've actually done this one a honda. Ran a -4 line straigh to the throttle body no nozzle. The damn thing would light up the tires and ride out. well for a honda anyway. We did get a lot of nitrous back fires. it did a lot better when just cranking the bottle open some instead of trying to open it up all the way.

Anyway, I wouldn't do this with my ls1.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GenXreject
Nozzles are too expensive...

I built my own kit, using Zex nozzles... $20.00 for each nozzle, with three jets.
Old 12-02-2003, 12:11 AM
Teching In

Default haha

Only kidding people. This post is a joke, I just did it to see what your reactions would be. I actually own a Honda civic and I got the idea from the honda forums. It's incredable that there were this many responces this fast. I only posted it this afternoon. It only goes to show how valuable these boards are. thanks everyone who tried to help me out. I only feel sorry for the poor kid who originally did try this.

I first heard this story on alternativehonda website, another good forum. Too funny, I would love to actually do this with an old motor just to see what colour the flames would be. hehe.

Any ideas? I got five bucks on a clear blue flame.
Old 12-02-2003, 12:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol. i liked the idea of renting a car to see what happens to it. that will be alot of fun for $35 hehehe. acually, i think i have the simplest kit here. i run a NOS 10 pound bottle, -4 line, powershot solenoid and single NOS nitrous fogger nozzle. i dont remember the part number of the nozzle, but it was only like $13. good for 100hp.
Old 12-02-2003, 09:12 AM
TECH Addict

http://www.mpsracing.com/products/NOS/no01e.asp

looks like this one right Steeve?
Old 12-02-2003, 06:40 PM
TECH Junkie

I have a single fogger dry kit (like NOS 5177) and Im in it for less then $200.oo. The bottle is in the back of the truck so I dont need any expensive things like a blow down tube.
Old 12-02-2003, 07:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thats it. it is so sneeky, that you and kevin bearly noticed it when it was right in your face remember. you were like "hey whats that. dam steve your too sneeky" hehehe. you would of never found out if kevin did want to see my port job on my T/B. oh well, my next kit is going to be very ovious. no more hidden for me.

Quick Reply: Homemade Kit