Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Minimum Need For 100 Shot?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Minimum Need For 100 Shot?

What all would you guys recommend for a minimum of a 100 shot?

My buddy has a nitrous set up that he only used once that he is selling me for CHEAP. Its a base kit no safety items. What would you guys recommend me buying to make it safe?

I plan on putting it in the back on the transmission tunnel. So I wont need a bottle opener for sure.

Thanks
Old 11-04-2009, 10:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just get an all out accessory package from Harris Speedworks or the Total PAckage from Nitrous Outlet. YOu will want everything in both packages to have a safe and reliable system. Gonna run you like 450 but youll be done after that.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A window switch is essential with a manual transmission. HSW MicroEdge.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

window switch, bottle heater, purge, wideband, different plugs.

you could get away with less, but all those things would keep you safe and happy. the plugs and wideband i would consider necessary. the purge and heater are nice to have, and the window makes it alor easier to spray, and alot safer in most cases. just my two cents...
Old 11-05-2009, 12:32 AM
11 Second Club

The stickies help
Old 11-05-2009, 06:18 AM
FormerVendor

Our all out kit would certainly help you put together a quality setup

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/prod...age=1&featured

comes with just about everything you would need to run a safe and reliable system
Microedge
Purge
Plugs
bottle heater
blow down tube
nitrous filter.

We also have a very nice looking tunnel mount for your bottle. Makes for a very clean looking install and has mounting locations for various types of bottle brackets.

let me know if you have any questions at all with our products or just in general

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/prod...age=1&featured
Old 11-05-2009, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok so I do plan on getting an accessory package like the one listed above OR buying the stuff seperate. I also plan on going ahead and buying a wideband. I figure if/when I want to go FI I will be able to use it then. Also do you guys think I should go ahead and throw a fuel pump in there? Im thinking for $125 I should go ahead and do it just to be on the safe side plus it will be there for later if/when I do upgrade to bigger/better things.

Also if using the microedge....what would you guys set it to turn off at, if it runs too lean or too rich?

Also another quick question a buddy of mine says I will only get 2 sprays on a 100 shot in a 10lb bottle on the street. Is this true??
Old 11-05-2009, 10:06 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by my01ws6
Ok so I do plan on getting an accessory package like the one listed above OR buying the stuff seperate. I also plan on going ahead and buying a wideband. I figure if/when I want to go FI I will be able to use it then. Also do you guys think I should go ahead and throw a fuel pump in there? Im thinking for $125 I should go ahead and do it just to be on the safe side plus it will be there for later if/when I do upgrade to bigger/better things.

Also if using the microedge....what would you guys set it to turn off at, if it runs too lean or too rich?

Also another quick question a buddy of mine says I will only get 2 sprays on a 100 shot in a 10lb bottle on the street. Is this true??
Yup, upgrading your fuel pump is a great idea. A wideband is also great and will work well with the microedge.

as for the cutoff you'll just have to see what your car is tuned to and what A/F it likes, then go from there.

no you'll get more than two, maybe he isnt running a bottle heater or something.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

I was under the impression I would not need to have it tuned for such a small shot. Just pull some timing.....
Old 11-05-2009, 10:20 AM
TECH Addict

I was under the impression I would not need to have it tuned for such a small shot. Just pull some timing.....
which can only be done through the computer...aka tuning

not entirely necessary if you're on the stock tune but why risk it
Old 11-05-2009, 10:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

verify if your na tune is stock, or been modified. If your tune is stock, pulling timing might be all you need to do. If your na tune has been modified, then further timing and fueling adjustments may be required.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:12 AM
FormerVendor

on a wet kit you tune with the fuel jets. Assuming your NA A/F is already dialed you just need to adjust fuel jets till you achieve your desired A/F ratio. So you dont really need a tune, you just need to get the car on a dyno or verify A/F with a wideband.

Also like mentioned, if you car is on stock timing it will be fine for the 100 shot. If its been advanced you will need to pull some out either through the tune or through an additional controller like our interface.