Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dedicated?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dedicated?

Hey guys I have a few questions concerning a dedicated setup that I am planning on building and running. Here is some backside to my car and mod info:

- 02 C5 Z06 -
MTI X1 Cam
Fast 90/90
Kooks 1 7/8 Headers, offroad-x
Vararam
Clutch
Built T56
Built Rear
TNT Power ring pilled for a 100 shot.

I plan on adding a set of AFR 205cc Heads and bumping the n2o up to 150-200, but for the sake of safety I want to run a dedicated to fuel this n2o.

My questions start at:

Lets say I get a motor tune and make 4XX Power, how much power loss can I expect from running the dedicated? will I experience any at all? I figured the high octane should allow me to keep the same timming and ect.

If I dont want to spend money on filling the dedicated with race gas, what about e85? What all would I need to run that instead? or is it all the same?

How much power do you think I could see with a 150 shot on the mods I currently have minus the heads? The car makes 430 on motor and 530 on a 100 shot.

- Thanks!
Old 11-10-2009, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just finished this exact setup on my car, I am running a standalone low pressure system with a holley blue, and 109 unleaded in my cell.
No matter what You are told, you need to pull timing with that 150 shot, even using High octane, nitrous dramatically increases your cylinder pressure and I would not attempt to spray without pulling timing, you run a serious chance of detonation destroying your engine. There are multiple units to use to pull timing, I use the lingenfelter unit. You can start at about 2 degrees for every 50 HP and work your way down. I ended up putting a wideband in my car so I could watch my AFR and be sure that I dont nuke the engine.
I am not sure about running the e85 dont know nothing about that.
As far as power gains, if everything is up to par to flow for that shot, and the kit is jetted for RWHP then your gains should be very close to the advertised gain.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:16 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

Originally Posted by Bash
My questions start at:

Lets say I get a motor tune and make 4XX Power, how much power loss can I expect from running the dedicated? will I experience any at all? I figured the high octane should allow me to keep the same timing and etc.

If I don't want to spend money on filling the dedicated with race gas, what about e85? What all would I need to run that instead? or is it all the same?

How much power do you think I could see with a 150 shot on the mods I currently have minus the heads? The car makes 430 on motor and 530 on a 100 shot.
- Thanks!
With running the dedicated you shouldn't see any HP loss at all. Also no matter what type of gas you run in the dedicated ( As mentioned above ) you will still have to pull timing for the nitrous.

If you don't run race gas and want to use E85 you will need to make sure that the pump and tank are able to support E85. When dealing with E85 the tanks really need to be made out of Stainless steel and not aluminum to do it right. There are people out there running E85 in aluminum tanks right now but it's not the best way at doing so because of the corrosiveness of the gas over time.

With you going to the 150hp shot you should see around the 570-600rwhp

-Chris
Old 11-11-2009, 11:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Are the nitrousoutlet standalones setup to support e85?
Old 11-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

They can be used with E85 but you'd be better off using a Stainless steel tank and the pumps aren't specifically made to handle E85 but we have had customers use them for it.

In other words they aren't made to be used with E85 but people have used them for it.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:10 AM
FormerVendor

Make sure the regulator is set up for it to or you'll be going through diaphragms.

Nick
Old 11-15-2009, 08:25 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

quit being a pansyy bash and spray the car as it sits
Old 11-19-2009, 09:17 PM
Staging Lane

hey bash you gona help me put my standalone in this weekend or what