Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with Direct Port spraying 150 hit..

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 01:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone with Direct Port spraying 150 hit..

I wanna go direct port but wanna stay away from the fast gas.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Why spend all that money to make it a waist? There isn't any good reason to spend all of that extra money for such a small shot. If you want the best set up for 150 hp then a plate is plenty to spend and support it.

Now on the flip side of the coin if you are using this a stepping stone and plan to drop a second stage of another 150 hp later on then go for it. If you don't ever plan to spray more than 250 then there isn't any good reason to spend the money and time for DP.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:54 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Using the LT1 intake you would be good with our plate up to about 200-250.

However if you are just looking at the fact you only want to do this once and may want more in the future or just simply want the look of the directport I understand going that route now. Its always cheaper to do it right the first time. The Directport would actually be better for anything over the 200 mark but 150 is no problem. I would suggest using a dedicated and changing the fuel pressure to the nitrous system to 10psi so that we can use a larger orphase hole on the fuel jet.
Dave
Old 11-27-2009, 05:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by custm2500
Why spend all that money to make it a waist? There isn't any good reason to spend all of that extra money for such a small shot. If you want the best set up for 150 hp then a plate is plenty to spend and support it.

Now on the flip side of the coin if you are using this a stepping stone and plan to drop a second stage of another 150 hp later on then go for it. If you don't ever plan to spray more than 250 then there isn't any good reason to spend the money and time for DP.
Well in theory I think a direct port is a lot safer due to management of each cylinder rather than spewing it all down the intake. I I understand what your saying about a plate handling 150-250 just fine but if you have ever ridden in a DP car vs. a plate car I think theres a big difference

I will be using this as a stepping stone. Right now I really wanna see what she can do on pump gas. I think if I put another fuel pump in the cell and put a microswitch at WOT it will handle a 150 hit on pumpgas.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:36 PM
Launching!

I just ordered a direct port this morning. 4solenoid with rails. I only plan to spray 200, and I know the plate would be fine. I bought it because I've always wanted one. I like the ability to adjust each cylinder, but the reality is if I hadn't bought it I'd always wish I did.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

My self I am a big fan of value. So direct port isn't much of a value for a 150 shot.

But if you put a high value on having the direct port then it is well worth it for you. Also a stepping stone is your best bet to start out right. It will work just fine but for me the extra money spent would go elsewere. Your budget your car, your awesome set up. Good luck and let us know how she runs!
Old 11-27-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My self I am a big fan of value. So direct port isn't much of a value for a 150 shot.

But if you put a high value on having the direct port then it is well worth it for you. Also a stepping stone is your best bet to start out right. It will work just fine but for me the extra money spent would go elsewere. Your budget your car, your awesome set up. Good luck and let us know how she runs!
+1

Also props to quote for just a good post.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:12 AM
Launching!

I agree. There are DEFINATELY better ways to spend the money, and I wouldn't recommend a direct port to anyone wanting to spray a small shot. I was just offering a reason as to why someone might want to do it.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be scared of the very small fuel jet size with a 150 hit on a direct port kit... Especially if you are feeding it with a high pressure fuel system.