Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is It Possible?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is It Possible?

I would like to know if any of you guys are taking timing out from inside of the car while driving to switch to a nitrous tune so you can spray?What kind of setup are you running that enables you to do this? I am looking at timing control boxes but does anyone have them inside the car so you can take timing out while driving? For instance you activate the spray while driving and have something automatically take timing out . I hope I made this clear so you guys dont think I am a couple french fries short of a happy meal.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

lingenfelter makes a nitrous retard box that is activated to pull timing out when u activate your nitrous

its adjustable also
Old 12-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

I do beleive the micro edge controller also does this. Someone who know more about the micro edge will have to chime in but from what I have heard it pulls timeing and can add fuel if you are lean if I am correct.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default !!!!!

I looked at these and it looks as if its what I am talking about. Is there anyone on here who has it in their car now so we can make sure?
Old 12-13-2009, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You can also do the IAT trick.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Microedge does not pull timing or adjust fuel, the HSW interface does.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:02 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Originally Posted by Caribe
The Microedge does not pull timing or adjust fuel, the HSW interface does.
Thanks for the clarification. What does the micro edge do then? Most people who have one have the other that is where I went wrong.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:04 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by custm2500
Thanks for the clarification. What does the micro edge do then? Most people who have one have the other that is where I went wrong.
Your question is wrong...it should read, what doesn't the microEDGE do? Its essentially a tps/window/delay/air-fuel shutdown switch all built into a nice full display box that has availability to store 3 file settings which can be swapped on the fly as well as an opportunity to upgrade it to a progressive controller w/ digital bottle contents indicator.

For those looking to pull timing, the Interface would be the controller to use.

Nick
Old 12-14-2009, 05:13 PM
On The Tree

microedge is the ****! used it in 3 cars i put nitrous on. very cool how u can delay the re-activation if u let out of it because of tire spin and then get back in it

plus micro switches are ancient!

i wonder could u use the micro edge on a ford engine as well as long as you wired it correctly? or is the tach signal different? tps voltage is the same
Old 12-14-2009, 08:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Your question is wrong...it should read, what doesn't the microEDGE do? Its essentially a tps/window/delay/air-fuel shutdown switch all built into a nice full display box that has availability to store 3 file settings which can be swapped on the fly as well as an opportunity to upgrade it to a progressive controller w/ digital bottle contents indicator.

For those looking to pull timing, the Interface would be the controller to use.

Nick
Awesome. Gonna go this route. I just think the guy who can easily pull timing on the go has the advantage with spray.

Now does anybody have this on their current vehicle? Does it work flawlessly? As in everytime? PICS of your setup?
Old 12-15-2009, 12:41 AM
9 Second Club

Received 222 Likes on 165 Posts

You can pull timing with the stock pcm with efi using custom operating system #5 if you have a supported pcm and you wont need any cheap after market boxes.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:27 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by E-Works
microedge is the ****! used it in 3 cars i put nitrous on. very cool how u can delay the re-activation if u let out of it because of tire spin and then get back in it

plus micro switches are ancient!

i wonder could u use the micro edge on a ford engine as well as long as you wired it correctly? or is the tach signal different? tps voltage is the same
It will work on a variety of tach signals with no need for a tach adapter. We've used it on just about everything out there and it sounds like you have too

Originally Posted by BADMOON
Awesome. Gonna go this route. I just think the guy who can easily pull timing on the go has the advantage with spray.

Now does anybody have this on their current vehicle? Does it work flawlessly? As in everytime? PICS of your setup?
Yup, there are tons of microEDGE and Interface units out there. Just do a search and I think you'll find many happy customers.

Nick