Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Nitrous for Dummies Sticky?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No Nitrous for Dummies Sticky?

This is a part of the forum I do not travel to often as I was going to go single front mount turbo, but finances have pushed that far back, maybe in two years. For now, I want to run nitrous to hold me over, haha.

I know the differences between wet and dry, and that is about where it ends. I could guess what the window switch does and other safety systems such as a bottle heater, but I honestly do not know.

Every other section on here has tons of stickies on whatever that section is about. I was surprised when this section did not.

So I was wondering if someone could post one up and if it is good enough, make it a sticky.

Something along the lines of...

Advantages and disadvantages b/w wet, dry, direct port.
Various electrical devices, timing stuff, window switches, whatever else exists.
List all of the available safety systems uses and benefits.
Benefits and how to use multiple stages.
Spark Plug explanation of heat ranges.
Any other useful information that one should know about this, that I do not even know about yet.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe there should be no nitrous for dummies.... you should have to pass a test to buy it. It gives nitrous a bad name... LOL
Old 02-18-2010, 12:47 PM
9 Second Club

If your dumb dont put nitrous on your car.

Stupid hurts!
Old 02-18-2010, 12:48 PM
TECH Addict

What your asking would take a totally impartial person not affiliated with any product who is an expert at nitrous. Let me know when you find one. THere are 100 ways to play with nitrous and few agree on the "right" way. there is lots of stuff here good and bad.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Instead of reading and waiting and making numerous threads, just have it in a sticky...
Old 02-18-2010, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think I have required anything brand specific, just the basics of it all.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:50 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1SLwLS1
Instead of reading and waiting and making numerous threads, just have it in a sticky...
no...
Old 02-18-2010, 12:51 PM
10 Second Club

“Nitrous Oxide Performance Handbook” by Jeff Hartman.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:51 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1SLwLS1
many people believe in many different ways to go about nitrous and their products, so having a dummy sticky wouldnt work for everybody.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hell... People don't look at the sticky's now anyway... Why add more?
Old 02-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Launching!

Some people do look at the sticky's. Alot of people are also learning alot from this site and would like to know more.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:02 PM
9 Second Club

I know I dont have the time to write about all that stuff, that is why individual threads work well because many different people can give you suggestions on your different questions. If I find threads with alot of good info, I will make a sticky but there isnt any out there yet.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:13 PM
11 Second Club

-
Originally Posted by Gary Z
“Nitrous Oxide Performance Handbook” by Jeff Hartman.
+1 I just finished reading this book about a month ago. although not as qdvanced as I had hoped l, It is Very basic and easy to read. Second jeff hartman book I have purchased. Very good book for nitrous newb.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:34 PM
TECH Resident

^ i am going to look into that book. i am in the same boat as the op. i just sold my procharger kit due to moving to florida an unknown financial stability. maybe you should take a run at the SI list for fun which is what i plan on doing to hold me over.

btw, yurview i talked to before about the inserts for your BS's i lookin to put in an order later this year for those an a mwf 9. im going to add you *** a friend. love the car btw.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I guess what I am looking for isn't being understood, somewhere, wires are being crossed. When I understand all of said information, I will make a post. If it is bueno and technical - not affiliated with a specific sponsor, then mods can make it a sticky if they wish.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:08 PM
11 Second Club

We understand what u are asking. What u dont understand is the Amount of information u are requesting. There are Entire Books devoted to the information u are wanting thrown Into a check list and posted. That's a lot of Info and time that someone will have to gather and list. Just pick up a book for $20 and learn bro.

dont mean to sound like an ***, sorry. here you go....
Direct Port is Ideal.. it has Perfect distribution of nitrous and fuel into each cylinder. But Very Costly
Dry is second best (bear with me guys) simply because the intakes on our cars are DRY Intakes. meaning they are not designed to flow liquid (ie fuel). But upgrading you Fuel systems is MUST!!
Wet is best (in matter of opinion). You supply fuel thru nitrous kit, with no need to upgrade fuel injectors. Fuel pump upgrade will depend on amount of shot you are running and other engine mods.

now you have just enough Vague information to tear something up....

Last edited by YURVIEW; 02-18-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:39 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by YURVIEW
We understand what u are asking. What u dont understand is the Amount of information u are requesting. There are Entire Books devoted to the information u are wanting thrown Into a check list and posted. That's a lot of Info and time that someone will have to gather and list. Just pick up a book for $20 and learn bro.

dont mean to sound like an ***, sorry. here you go....
Direct Port is Ideal.. it has Perfect distribution of nitrous and fuel into each cylinder. But Very Costly
Dry is second best (bear with me guys) simply because the intakes on our cars are DRY Intakes. meaning they are not designed to flow liquid (ie fuel). But upgrading you Fuel systems is MUST!!
Wet is best (in matter of opinion). You supply fuel thru nitrous kit, with no need to upgrade fuel injectors. Fuel pump upgrade will depend on amount of shot you are running and other engine mods.

now you have just enough Vague information to tear something up....
Haha .... sounds about right.

What about a Dry direct port......
Old 02-18-2010, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nitrous is a "black art" to most people... Guys that want a simple set of rules don't need to be fooling with it. There are so many variables that a dedicated nitrous for dummies setup could be misleading to some. I hate to say it, but there is no way a "nitrous for dummies" post could be informative enough to give you the knowledge to be 100% safe. It's best to look at a ton of different setups, tunes and their results and gain knowledge that way...

If you try to make a cookie cutter guide people will blow their **** up
Old 02-24-2010, 03:20 AM
Launching!

There are stickies above that describe the different styles of nitrous introduction to a motor. But as others have said, its an opinionated situation and what is good for some, is decided to be worst for others. The only thing I can see is a glossary of some sort. Like here is the different methods for nitrous, and here is the different electronical devices that can be used in conjunction with it. But nothing really outlining the use.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:40 AM

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...o-read-me.html

Quick Reply: No Nitrous for Dummies Sticky?