Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOSzle system ? -- How much spray can it safely handle

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 03:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NOSzle system ? -- How much spray can it safely handle

After searching, it seems to have gotten mixxed reviews. I'm considering buying a used system locally, but don't know if it can safely handle a 250 shot. What about a 300? Any experiences would be appreciated.

I have an NX MAF kit now, but am looking to go bigger this season.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

I would go with a plate or direct port setup! If your intent on never going past a 250 shot id say a hsw or n2o outlet plate setup would be nice. Direct port only for 300+ shots, jmo...

Edit* I just realized the system your talkin about is a direct port style setup lol.

Last edited by kinglt-1; 02-23-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:32 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've only got .026 jets in mine right now (currently spraying dry with 50# injectors), but plan to go bigger some day if/when I go wet...

Have heard of them on an EFI top end Pat Musi motor with jets north of 300hp without complaints, so I wouldn't be bashful.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:11 PM
8 Second Club

You should be fine.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be careful when tuning it. On larger shots, the nitrous can actually pull a vacum on the end of the injector, pulling more fuel out of it than it is supposed to. I had a buddy with one of these kits try like hell to get it straight, but ended up ditching it.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by ryarbrough
Be careful when tuning it. On larger shots, the nitrous can actually pull a vacum on the end of the injector, pulling more fuel out of it than it is supposed to. I had a buddy with one of these kits try like hell to get it straight, but ended up ditching it.
Now that you mention it, I have herd about someone having the same issues. I wish that I could find the thread it was talked about in...Ill see if I can dig it up.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

It's here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...-afr-woes.html
Old 02-24-2010, 11:40 AM
8 Second Club

hey, don't throw the NOS version of the NOSzle under the bus for NX's sh1tty copy of it. The center injector discharge area is basically shrowded from the annular discharge of the nitrous on the NOS version. Look at the picture I posted above. There's essentially a trumpet around the center bore that protrudes past the nitrous discharge ports, not to mention the nitrous discharges from the outer ring. Here's a better cut-away picture:

On the contrary, the NX version simply pipes nitrous and supplemental fuel at an angle across/into the center bore creating a siphon over the injector stream.

The NOS engineers did their homework, the slack off plagerizers at NX f'ed it up.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've seen the same issues with the NOS kits. Some have great luck, some don't... That post was just the first one that came to mind as I know the parties involved.

The problem with these kits is that there is really NO reason to buy one over having a direct port plumbed into the intake.

Originally Posted by NOS327
hey, don't throw the NOS version of the NOSzle under the bus for NX's sh1tty copy of it. The center injector discharge area is basically shrowded from the annular discharge of the nitrous on the NOS version. Look at the picture I posted above. There's essentially a trumpet around the center bore that protrudes past the nitrous discharge ports, not to mention the nitrous discharges from the outer ring. Here's a better cut-away picture:

On the contrary, the NX version simply pipes nitrous and supplemental fuel at an angle across/into the center bore creating a siphon over the injector stream.

The NOS engineers did their homework, the slack off plagerizers at NX f'ed it up.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:20 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks for the info and opinions, guys. I think I'm just going to keep my current system for now and do a true direct port when money permits.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:54 AM

+1 for direct port.

NOS327, man you've got your stuff wrong. If NOS is so technically advanced and has such badass engineers then why do they have such shitty bottle valve designs and solenoids? Not to mention most of their stuff is made in China.

Both versions with make it run rich, so you simply need to downsize the fuel jet. Regardless of the brand though, I wouldn't run over 200hp on one.

BTW NOS327, how many motors have you blown?
Old 02-25-2010, 12:41 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bradenwood13
+1 for direct port.

NOS327, man you've got your stuff wrong. If NOS is so technically advanced and has such badass engineers then why do they have such shitty bottle valve designs and solenoids? Not to mention most of their stuff is made in China.

Both versions with make it run rich, so you simply need to downsize the fuel jet. Regardless of the brand though, I wouldn't run over 200hp on one.

BTW NOS327, how many motors have you blown?

I don't care to squabble with you on the internet. The solenoids are based on CNG solenoids just like every other production nitrous and fuel solenoid. Their bottle valves outperform the majority of the market medical based bottle valves. You are also most likely misinformed about the quantity of NOS brand parts made in China.

I've yet to "blow" a motor. No exaggeration, I put thousands of pounds of nitrous through 3 different combinations in my own cars, not to mention various builds with my brother and a hand full of other local guys. The only motor I've ever been associated with that got hurt was due to a solenoid failure with a plate kit on a car in Georgia.

As I said before, I don't care to squabble with you on the internet, but I'd like to see logical and factual data to back up your claims about what exactly makes the NOS brand solenoids and bottle valves inferior to other typical domestic parts. I'd also like to know specifically which of "most of their parts" are made in China, if you care to expand on your claims. PM me if you like, this guys' thread is not the place for you and I to discuss it.

Quick Reply: NOSzle system ? -- How much spray can it safely handle