Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

standalone need 58psi?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 11:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default standalone need 58psi?

does a standalone need 58psi? Or can it have 7 or 8 and a large jet? I'm just curious, throwing together a kit on my beater 5.3 impala.

nitrous backfire seems likely in my mind, but I figure why not ask
Old 04-09-2010, 08:50 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

I have seen a few threads and the general idea I have seen is 10 or so psi.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:51 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZTwentyAteU
does a standalone need 58psi? Or can it have 7 or 8 and a large jet? I'm just curious, throwing together a kit on my beater 5.3 impala.

nitrous backfire seems likely in my mind, but I figure why not ask
No, the whole point to a stand alone is to run lower fuel pressure and higher octane fuel.
Depending on the type of setup, 5-7 psi is common but have it flowed to be sure the guage is accurate.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:38 AM
FormerVendor

High pressure or low pressure is perfectly acceptable w/ a standalone.

Nick
Old 04-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

Our stand alones come with the high and low pressure spring so you could do either.

Most dedicateds you can do either, but you also need to make sure the pump will support high pressure or low as well.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by custm2500
I have seen a few threads and the general idea I have seen is 10 or so psi.
You have been posting bad information in this section since you joined. Stop posting
Old 04-14-2010, 01:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chris@NitroDaves
Our stand alones come with the high and low pressure spring so you could do either.

Most dedicateds you can do either, but you also need to make sure the pump will support high pressure or low as well.

thanks guys I wasnt sure thats why I asked. My HSW standalone I used to run was on 58psi.. Ive got all the parts to put together an old one just for a grudge race this weekend, I'm a firm believer in running one.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:05 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Originally Posted by jmill96Z
You have been posting bad information in this section since you joined. Stop posting
Aparently 10 psi isn't good? I have seen three post asking this question and they all said lower pressure is better. I am sorry if I was passing bad info on. No one made an issue in those posts so i thought it was ok.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by custm2500
Aparently 10 psi isn't good? I have seen three post asking this question and they all said lower pressure is better. I am sorry if I was passing bad info on. No one made an issue in those posts so i thought it was ok.

Can somebody please explain to me why a low pressure standalone is better? I bought a used standalone off a member on here and it had the low pressure spring in it but I was told low pressure is for direct port systems. And I'm running a Nitrous Outlet plate, so I ordered a high pressure spring from them and went ahead and swapped um out. Now I'm reading this??? I'm confused.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:02 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by vicouSS00
Can somebody please explain to me why a low pressure standalone is better? I bought a used standalone off a member on here and it had the low pressure spring in it but I was told low pressure is for direct port systems. And I'm running a Nitrous Outlet plate, so I ordered a high pressure spring from them and went ahead and swapped um out. Now I'm reading this??? I'm confused.
LOL. The reason I prefer low pressure is so that I can use a larger jet and minimize a chance of it gettin clogged. Also you may want to consider flow testing the standalone to make sure your psi is correct or close for that matter.