Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plate kit suggestions NEED KIT THIS WEEK

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 08:48 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Plate kit suggestions NEED KIT THIS WEEK

Looking to get a kit on my buddies car THIS WEEK! Anyways, few questions out there as we do not know too much about nitrous kits.

Looking to spray 100 shot. Looking for something that will not require an additional dyno tune (is this possible?) I talked with HSW a while back when I was thinking about a kit for my car and they mentioned a dry plate with the interface could do exactly this....

So what would you guys suggest, why, and who can get us a COMPLETE kit with all gadgets by Wednesday?

Thanks!
-Jon

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 05-15-2010, 10:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Either way i really suggest pulling some timing just for safety measures, You dont wanna short yourself a few bucks when in the long run it might be ALOT!
Old 05-15-2010, 10:26 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Right on, HSW suggested using the Interface to pull timing and a wet plate kit. How's this sound?

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 05-16-2010, 05:25 PM
11 Second Club

the Interface will be suffecient for 100 shot now. but if you got the Interface and wanted to go up to a bigger shot later, you would have to change your IAT Spark Advance Correction Table in the PCM. Which would require Tuning Software to change. Here is link to stock IAT Spark Advance Settings....http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/pict...ng-retard.html. Which shows that the Interface will only pull 3* of timing based on stock pcm program for LS1 motor. If you want to keep your options open in the future (and dont tune your own car) I would look into the Lingenfelter Timing Retard (pulls up to 15*) or the LS1 Timing Tuner (pulls up to 12*). just some FYI......

And Just My Opinion....but I like wet kits better than dry. I dont like depending on 8-10 year old Fuel Injectors to add the fuel for the nitrous. I like being able to adjust my fuel thru the simple swap of a fuel jet in a wet kit, and know my engine is getting adequate fuel with the nitrous. (I know distrbution is always debatable with Any kit other than Direct Port kits, not wanting to start a wet vs dry debate, guys!!! JMO).
Old 05-16-2010, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Stock timing is ok for a 100 shot.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:24 PM
9 Second Club

I would got with the Nitrous outlet plate kit. I would call and talk to dave or chris. http://nitrousoutlet.com/catalog/cat...=14&section=37
Old 05-16-2010, 10:25 PM
9 Second Club

You need to retard the time and get colder plugs #7 nonproj.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:45 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Superman09
Looking to get a kit on my buddies car THIS WEEK! Anyways, few questions out there as we do not know too much about nitrous kits.

Looking to spray 100 shot. Looking for something that will not require an additional dyno tune (is this possible?) I talked with HSW a while back when I was thinking about a kit for my car and they mentioned a dry plate with the interface could do exactly this....

So what would you guys suggest, why, and who can get us a COMPLETE kit with all gadgets by Wednesday?

Thanks!
-Jon
Jon,

Let me know if you have any questions that need answered. Thanks!

Nick