Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can a FUEL CELL be used to feed a WET SHOT system????

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 08:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can a FUEL CELL be used to feed a WET SHOT system????

I'm just curious because I'd rather not drive around with 100 0r 103 octane gas in my regular tank. I like the idea of having fuel cell (like the DP systems do) so I can just keep race gas in it and run around N/A with 93 octane.

Thanks
Old 02-11-2004, 09:03 PM
TECH Addict

yup. several of us are doing just this. however it's not too ideal for shots over 250 or so. ya really need to go DP for that much.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Vents
yup. several of us are doing just this. however it's not too ideal for shots over 250 or so. ya really need to go DP for that much.
GREAT!!! I was hoping so. I'll be going with a 150 dry shot and a 150 wet shot. So how big (volume wise) does the fuel cell need to be? I have a friend who fabricates metal into any shape, conformal or whatever. I want him to make me an aluminum tank that conforms over the wheelwell under the hood. I would guess it to be able to hold 1.5 gallons.

So would that work for what I want? 150 dry can be with the 93 octane and then the 150 wet can be from the cell with 100 octane going through the nozzles?
Old 02-11-2004, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just keep in mind - if you run the cell out of fuel, then your wet shot just became dry!
Old 02-11-2004, 10:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by itchygomey98
Just keep in mind - if you run the cell out of fuel, then your wet shot just became dry!
I assume that would be an instant blown motor since its after the MAF, right?

Thats why I was wondering how much fuel would be needed in the cell. If its a full 1.5 gallons how many shots would that support?
Old 02-11-2004, 11:26 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I can make a full 300 shot pass on my direct port and use a little under 1/3 gallon. My fuel cell is only about 2/3 of a gallon and there usually is enough to make 2 passes. However, I'm not a fan of meltdowns so I top it off after each run. On 1.5 gallons maybe 6 runs wouldn't be a problem at 150 on a DP. Not sure how that translates to a single wet nozzle though.

I'm sure that NX or NOS could tell you the average volume of fuel displaced through the orifice at X pressure, Z orifice size and Y duration.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DERTY
I can make a full 300 shot pass on my direct port and use a little under 1/3 gallon. My fuel cell is only about 2/3 of a gallon and there usually is enough to make 2 passes. However, I'm not a fan of meltdowns so I top it off after each run. On 1.5 gallons maybe 6 runs wouldn't be a problem at 150 on a DP. Not sure how that translates to a single wet nozzle though.

I'm sure that NX or NOS could tell you the average volume of fuel displaced through the orifice at X pressure, Z orifice size and Y duration.
Thanks. 1.5 gallons should be fine than, considering I may do 3-4 wet shots a week at most. I can just keep it topped off all the time. I'll mainly be using the 150 dry shot for daily playing around anyway. Both shots for the heavy duty races.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i also ran a 1 gallon fuel cell and ran 4 complete runs using a 250 shot and still had some fuel in it.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by taqwache
i also ran a 1 gallon fuel cell and ran 4 complete runs using a 250 shot and still had some fuel in it.
Do you have a wet shot or DP?

If so, besides the tank, what do I need to buy in addition to the complete TNT F1 system?

I'm thinking just a fuel pump for that cell?????
Old 02-12-2004, 11:02 PM
dug
Banned

Another benefit with the fuel cell is that it wont be drawing any fuel away from the rails. Supposedly this can be a problem with big shots. Ive thought usin a fuel cell just for that reason.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by dug
Another benefit with the fuel cell is that it wont be drawing any fuel away from the rails. Supposedly this can be a problem with big shots. Ive thought usin a fuel cell just for that reason.
If I do the fuel cell, what do I need to do, just buy a seperate fuel pump for under the hood and attach it to the fuel cell?

I'm just a newbie at its best. I'm thinking a cell, a pump, lines to the solenoid.

Is there any pics anywhere of this.

Thanks.