Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting NXL installed at Speed next week, can I run 180 jets with my setup?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Getting NXL installed at Speed next week, can I run 180 jets with my setup?

Mods are in sig, I understand that the kit comes with 120/180 pills. Correct me if I am wrong though. Can my setup handle this much spray???
I pulled 415rwhp NA, with an A4. I would like to see no less than 150+ at the wheels.
Running 42LB injectors and a 255 pump also
thanks - I will post results ASAP!!!
Old 02-19-2004, 01:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Should work just fine... Wideband it to make sure though
Old 02-19-2004, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Even with 180 hp jetting it won't make 180 hp. I'm running the G5-X2 cam also and I only make 136 hp on 180 hp jetting. The lean spike will scare the s**t out of you. Be prepared to have to pay NX for their accumulator which is needed to fix the problems with the kit. Also be prepared to wait until NX releases the accumulator before you can buy it. Post your results when you get them.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

What do we have to do to get NX to commit to a date on when this fix will be available? I mean, its not rocket science, somebody there has to know.

If its a year, tell us so those of us with the kit can decide what we are going to do.

I know NX says its safe to spray on, but guys, what is the cardinal rule when using nitrous? MAKE SURE YOU HAVE FUEL WHEN SPRAYING. I am not going to spray until I have fuel. It has the potential to be a great kit, but w/o fuel you are asking for trouble, in my opinion.

Lets assume it is 'safe' for the sake of discussion, check out my post in this forum where I compare my TNT torque numbers with the NXL numbers. Not even close, the TNT owns it, by a mile. Why? My guess is because it actually has FUEL. Nitrous doesn't make power, fuel does.
Old 02-20-2004, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

From what I've heard,

The lean spike causes the NXL to read lower on the dyno than it normally would. BTW, I completely agree with you about the accumulator. From what I understand from Brains, testing is DONE. It just needs to go into production! How long that takes, who the hell knows! I hope for god sakes it's only a month or two...... If not, I say every one of us who owns this kit and is waiting for this part call them up on a daily basis and bug the sh*t out of them.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have an update...

The accumluator is currently being fabricated at the machine shop. If all goes well, it should be back to NX within a week or so. It must then be anodized to prevent corrosion, then finally assembled and sent out. I have heard also that those of us that have the kits already, will be taken care of...I'm not sure exactly what this means though, but it sounds good. I'm sure that if NX takes care of us, they will see their sales skyrocket with this kit, as there will be a bunch of happy NXL owners posting favorably.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Congrats to Keith and NX if the do "keep us happy". I have talked to keith and he is a good guy that is passionate about his job. I cant imagine him doing something shitty. Only time will tell though
Old 02-20-2004, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Greg Fell
I have heard also that those of us that have the kits already, will be taken care of...
I'll believe that when I see the UPS guy come to my door without any initiation on my part......