Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ZEX suggests dry shot only! LT1

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question ZEX suggests dry shot only! LT1

I just had a chat with a zex representative and he told me I should go dry shot on a LT1. I told him that I would rather go wet shot but he insisted that dry shot was the right way. Any suggestions? I want to go at least 100 shot.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:09 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SoCalCal
I just had a chat with a zex representative and he told me I should go dry shot on a LT1. I told him that I would rather go wet shot but he insisted that dry shot was the right way. Any suggestions? I want to go at least 100 shot.
Did the representative have any other insight or reasoning besides that "dry is the right way?"

I never logged injector duty cycles on my factory injectors, so I couldn't tell you how high they were with cam/bolt-ons, but I would probably advise you to look into monitoring your current IDCs first.

What else is done with the car?
Fueling? Tuning? Exhaust?
Old 06-03-2011, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

He only said that a wet kit would ruin parts and that my car needed a dry kit. The car is basically stock with headers , k&b CAI and magnaflow exhaust. Im lookin at http://www.speedtweekerz.com/05-09-M...I-WET-KIT.html but inquired about a zex kit because I heard it was better.

Cal
Old 06-03-2011, 01:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a brand new zex window switch if you are interested. If you go with a zex kit, you need this window switch. I also have a brand new nitrous Dave glow pressure gauge brand new.

I would go wet. Wet vs dry isn't going to put anymore wear on anything or tear parts up.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:43 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SoCalCal
He only said that a wet kit would ruin parts and that my car needed a dry kit. The car is basically stock with headers , k&b CAI and magnaflow exhaust. Im lookin at http://www.speedtweekerz.com/05-09-M...I-WET-KIT.html but inquired about a zex kit because I heard it was better.

Cal
A wet kit would ruin parts? How?
Not trying to second guess anyone, but just curious what his reasoning is.

I won't make a blanket statement, but I ran a NX Wet Kit on my LT1 for two years without any issues what-so-ever.

Who informed you that the Zex kit is better?
Perhaps you should do a lot more research to decide what your goals are and how you would like to achieve them in your given budget?

Regardless of what kit you decide to go with, I would suggest you purchase a fuel pump to go along with it. Your car is now 15+ years old, and I'm sure your tired factory fuel pump will be hating life when you hit the kit, whether it be a dry or wet shot.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lemons12
I have a brand new zex window switch if you are interested. If you go with a zex kit, you need this window switch. I also have a brand new nitrous Dave glow pressure gauge brand new.

I would go wet. Wet vs dry isn't going to put anymore wear on anything or tear parts up.
Im looking for a full kit. you got one?

Originally Posted by WhyHelloOfficer
A wet kit would ruin parts? How?
Not trying to second guess anyone, but just curious what his reasoning is.

I won't make a blanket statement, but I ran a NX Wet Kit on my LT1 for two years without any issues what-so-ever.

Who informed you that the Zex kit is better?
Perhaps you should do a lot more research to decide what your goals are and how you would like to achieve them in your given budget?

Regardless of what kit you decide to go with, I would suggest you purchase a fuel pump to go along with it. Your car is now 15+ years old, and I'm sure your tired factory fuel pump will be hating life when you hit the kit, whether it be a dry or wet shot.
I was wondering what his reasoning was as well. Thats the first time I heard some one suggested a dry kit over a wet.Im just looking to spend around $500. Ive been searching the classifieds but used nitrous parts seem iffy to me. As for the fuel pump, it was changed around 2 years ago, not sure what kind it is though.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

No I sold my kit.

I have a brand new never opened window switch which is a must have, and a brand new never opened nitrous pressure gauge which is highly recommended.
If interested I also have a used automatic Dyno tune bottle heater.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:09 PM
8 Second Club

This ZEX representative is leading you the wrong way. Go with a wet kit for LT1
The following users liked this post:
Cole Curtis (10-15-2019)
Old 06-04-2011, 06:23 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Judging by what I have read. I can not see recommending anything other than a simply wet single nozzle system.

I understand you are on a budget, but then remember that you certianly can not afford to hurt the motor. A few safety items wont break the bank but they will certianly help while your getting your feet wet (not dry) with nitrous. If you want to go over a few options and take a look at your setup as a whole let me know.

I know almost everything anyone hears about us is about direct ports or one of our higher end plate systems. We make budget oriented setups so you do not have to do buisness with someone else and give up our customer service and tuning support just because you are not dropping 1000$ on a nitrous setup.

http://nitrousoutlet.com/catalog/pro...3&product=2891

If you want to continue with Zex at the least do not go with a dry system. Also ask what should be bought in addition to there base system.

Quick Reply: ZEX suggests dry shot only! LT1