Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TNT wet kit......is that the best kit for a 150-200 shot?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default TNT wet kit......is that the best kit for a 150-200 shot?

How long does that kit take to install?

What feeds the fuel nozzles? Do you have to have a stand alone tank with race gas in it?

Old 08-17-2012, 04:07 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

You could pull from the rail or use a stand a lone.

Be watchful of the plugs on the opposite side of the fuel rail you end up pulling your nitrous enrichment fuel from, as they will be hotter than the side you are pulling the fuel from.

Is this a kit you already own or are thinking of purchasing?

Last edited by Sales@Tick; 08-18-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Is this a kit you already own or are thinking of purchasing?
I do not have anything yet. My forged iron 370ci gets built starting next week Wednesday. Should be done in a week after that.

I plan to boost it in about 6 months.....but I was thinking of spraying a 150-200 shot until then. It'll be 9.5:1 cr so I wanted a little extra kick until the turbo set-up gets installed.

I can do a stand alone with separate pump if thats better.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:49 PM
FormerVendor

You probably won't even notice it on a 150, on a 200 some will be noticeable and that will be when you have to start paying a little more attention. Still nothing horrible you can't deal with you just have to be more diligent about it. One good example here is Carter03, he has pulled fuel from the rail for a long time tuned off his hottest hole and did work.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Banned

You probably won't even notice it on a 150, on a 200 some will be noticeable and that will be when you have to start paying a little more attention. Still nothing horrible you can't deal with you just have to be more diligent about it. One good example here is Carter03, he has pulled fuel from the rail for a long time tuned off his hottest hole and did work.
Probably won't notice what? You mean if pull fuel from the rail on a 150 shot....it will be just fine??? No issues at all.

But if I go 200.....it might get close to not having enough pressure?

I have a Racetronix fuel set-up now.......

Old 08-18-2012, 08:41 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by LS6427
Probably won't notice what? You mean if pull fuel from the rail on a 150 shot....it will be just fine??? No issues at all.

But if I go 200.....it might get close to not having enough pressure?

I have a Racetronix fuel set-up now.......

Notice that the passenger side of the motor cylinders will be hotter than the drivers side because you are pulling fuel from the rail on the drivers side.

On LS motors still using the factory fuel rails the crossover for the fuel rail that feeds the passenger side injectors with fuel will inevitably have less volume of fuel reaching those injectors than the drivers side because the fuel feed connects to the driver side fuel rail, feeds those injectors on that side, then crosses over the manifold to the passenger side fuel rail thus feeding those injectors.

When you start pulling fuel from that drivers side and pulling larger and larger amounts of fuel from that side inevitably also the passenger side will become more starved of fuel than the drivers side because you're pulling your nitrous enrichment fuel from the drivers side. On small shots 150 and lower you never really even notice it because there is sufficient volume and fuel flow, but once you go over 200-250 you begin to see the passenger side plugs hotter than the drivers side because they are leaner due to the fuel flow to that side being less than the drivers side.

Make more sense?
Old 08-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Banned

Notice that the passenger side of the motor cylinders will be hotter than the drivers side because you are pulling fuel from the rail on the drivers side.

On LS motors still using the factory fuel rails the crossover for the fuel rail that feeds the passenger side injectors with fuel will inevitably have less volume of fuel reaching those injectors than the drivers side because the fuel feed connects to the driver side fuel rail, feeds those injectors on that side, then crosses over the manifold to the passenger side fuel rail thus feeding those injectors.

When you start pulling fuel from that drivers side and pulling larger and larger amounts of fuel from that side inevitably also the passenger side will become more starved of fuel than the drivers side because you're pulling your nitrous enrichment fuel from the drivers side. On small shots 150 and lower you never really even notice it because there is sufficient volume and fuel flow, but once you go over 200-250 you begin to see the passenger side plugs hotter than the drivers side because they are leaner due to the fuel flow to that side being less than the drivers side.

Make more sense?
Makes perfect sense. So with my Racetronix set-up I should be good to 200? Thats as much as I would spray.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:35 PM
FormerVendor

Makes perfect sense. So with my Racetronix set-up I should be good to 200? Thats as much as I would spray.

It's going to close.

I know camscam has sprayed up to a 104n jet on his racetronix but he and I both have 346's versus your 427.

150 for sure, 200 may be getting very close to its limits.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make more sense?
Would aftermarket rails fix this problem?
Old 08-20-2012, 04:14 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BlueBird346
Would aftermarket rails fix this problem?
Yes it would for the most part.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will be good on the 150 as others have said. Many things play into that intial hit/pressure drop. Just put a fuel pressure gauge & tape it to the bottom of the windsheild & go test her out. I have had cars where 200 made a 2-3psi drop then others that see 15psi spike downfall. Install time depends on how many options are added to wire. Such as fuel pressure safety switch, window switch, bottle heater, remote opener, timing retard unit, etc. I heat shrink & solder All wires & connections. That tends to add a hour or two vesus doing a quick crimp & calling it good. That thing should Love the bottle if its already been built for boost.
There is Many good plate systems out there. I Mostly use NX on 80% of my installs. Nitrous Directs plate works Very good too. I tend to stay away from a lot of the other company's that still use OLD stuff. Like the old style solenoids & bottle vavles as they have MASS restrictions & end up being restrictions. Not to mention NX's lifetime warr. Hope this helps you!
Old 08-22-2012, 04:18 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BottleBoy1
You will be good on the 150 as others have said. Many things play into that intial hit/pressure drop. Just put a fuel pressure gauge & tape it to the bottom of the windsheild & go test her out. I have had cars where 200 made a 2-3psi drop then others that see 15psi spike downfall. Install time depends on how many options are added to wire. Such as fuel pressure safety switch, window switch, bottle heater, remote opener, timing retard unit, etc. I heat shrink & solder All wires & connections. That tends to add a hour or two vesus doing a quick crimp & calling it good. That thing should Love the bottle if its already been built for boost.
There is Many good plate systems out there. I Mostly use NX on 80% of my installs. Nitrous Directs plate works Very good too. I tend to stay away from a lot of the other company's that still use OLD stuff. Like the old style solenoids & bottle vavles as they have MASS restrictions & end up being restrictions. Not to mention NX's lifetime warr. Hope this helps you!
NX has some good stuff when it comes to Solenoids and bottle valves in terms of path of least resistance and phase change.

If your nitrous is changing phase before it gets into the cylinder, it's no good.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:01 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

Martin has you handled on most of your questions but i wanted to chime in on something.... Unless you plan on buying the kit used TNT has been out of business for quite some time now. At least 8yrs or longer.

If you wanted proven performance on a plate over 200hp then I'd suggest going with one of our versions... We even have customers on here and some that don't post on forums spraying 300hp with our plates with phenomenal results time and time again.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chris@NitroDaves
Martin has you handled on most of your questions but i wanted to chime in on something.... Unless you plan on buying the kit used TNT has been out of business for quite some time now. At least 8yrs or longer.

If you wanted proven performance on a plate over 200hp then I'd suggest going with one of our versions... We even have customers on here and some that don't post on forums spraying 300hp with our plates with phenomenal results time and time again.
Huh...didn't know TNT was gone.

I'll call you guys for sure. Have to speak to my builder tomorrow when I drop off the block for him about this spray idea before I do the turbo.

Thanks.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:02 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

Just let me know and we'll get you squared away one way or another.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:04 PM
FormerVendor

Huh...didn't know TNT was gone.

I'll call you guys for sure. Have to speak to my builder tomorrow when I drop off the block for him about this spray idea before I do the turbo.

Thanks.

LOL TNT has been gone for a loooong time.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:37 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Chris@NitroDaves

I've used TNT kits before and I've always been impressed with how they hit. Not trying to push their products since they don't even have a business anymore. Just saying that maybe he could have both
Attached Thumbnails TNT wet kit......is that the best kit for a 150-200 shot?-two-stage.jpg  
Old 08-28-2012, 09:28 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

TNT kits hit hard as all hell but that was also due to their off the wall jetting. Their 100hp shot was really a 150hp shot and so on as you stepped up in the shot range. The first kit i ever had on my car was a TNT power ring pilled at 200hp then after 2 bottles i uped it to 250hp till the stock motor tagged out from me being stupid spraying with nothing other than a micro switch.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:49 PM
Banned

Curious........

Will the ring set that my builder puts in there for boost (18psi) be perfectly suited for spray?

Old 08-30-2012, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

I remember the days of TNT, actually made a decent product. And i agree with the others the kits definetly hit hard...

Quick Reply: TNT wet kit......is that the best kit for a 150-200 shot?