Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with the little details

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 11:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post need help with the little details

i want to spray my 93 formula, i know i dont have a maf so i need to go with a wet kit from what i have read and researched. Im going with a 100 shot wet kit with 4an lines and a 10lb bottle remote bottle opener heater purge kit and activation panel. Do i need to put a stand only fuel cell in for this and do i need to retard the timing??? if so how big of a stand alone system do i need and why, and as far as retarding the timing how does that work and what are going to be my best options? I have seen people run just a msd retard control but not sure of all that i need in the little details and parts. i have a ram air intake 58mm tb gasket matched and tb match ported lt1 intake long tube headers ory and slp lm1 exhaust with a rebuilt tranny and 3500 stall. All help is appreciated.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by blk4mula93
i want to spray my 93 formula, i know i dont have a maf so i need to go with a wet kit from what i have read and researched. Im going with a 100 shot wet kit with 4an lines and a 10lb bottle remote bottle opener heater purge kit and activation panel. Do i need to put a stand only fuel cell in for this and do i need to retard the timing??? if so how big of a stand alone system do i need and why, and as far as retarding the timing how does that work and what are going to be my best options? I have seen people run just a msd retard control but not sure of all that i need in the little details and parts. i have a ram air intake 58mm tb gasket matched and tb match ported lt1 intake long tube headers ory and slp lm1 exhaust with a rebuilt tranny and 3500 stall. All help is appreciated.
You won't need a standalone for just a 100 shot. Just tap into the rail for that and make sure you have a good pump with a hotwire kit. There is an MSD box the LT1 guys use to pull timing, I just can't remember what the part number is. Maybe one of the LT1 guys will chime in.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:50 PM
Teching In

thanks silver bullet, theres so many different way that people are going with that its hard to get a clear decision on how to build my kit. my big concern is blowing the motor. but i know if i get all the required parts then i should be safe.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:50 PM
Teching In

also what does that hotwire kit do and where can i pick one up at.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:01 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

This is the Hotwire Kit for your car:http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/fuel-de...e-harness.html

We also have the pump available but is not listed on our website. The part number for it is 05-FPA-003. Feel free to give me a call and I can get you set up.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:22 PM
Launching!

the msd box you need is the digital 6 plus
Old 10-16-2013, 03:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The Mallory box is the 685.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:23 PM
Teching In

okay that works thanks guys thats helps me finish out my shopping list of parts to put these 100 shot on the t/a

Quick Reply: need help with the little details