Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

would I be able to run nitrous safely with my mods (z06 ls6)

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default would I be able to run nitrous safely with my mods (z06 ls6)

Hi everyone im new to chevy and domestic cars and I brought the my dream car a couple weeks ago 2002 z06 and its amazing.

What I would like to run a 100 shot wet kit on my car..it has the following mods done to it by the previous owner. .

-slightly ported heads
-slightly ported TB-halltech intake
-lt headers 1 7/8-no cats-3inch pipes from headers back to 3inch kooks x pipe to 4inch quad tips

-lg custom cam 239/242 with .650 lift 112 lsa
-titanium springs with push rods-tuned by gforce and puts down 465rwhp..

im about to have JR at teamZr1 look over the tune Gforce did and posibaily retune it soon just so I know everything is safe.

Also is there a device similer to a cobb access port that most imports use?
Old 11-12-2013, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Dude, if you are gonna refer to ricer tech, you need to do research and find something similar so we know what you are talking about. We no spreeka RICER!! Except to say So WOOONG!!

As for running nitrous on your car, YES, you can. nitrous, when PROPERLY jetted, can be run on literally anything out there. I have seen it on RC cars all the way up to V8 Caterpillar diesels.. Best thing to do would be to start out with a new kit from NOS or ZEX or Edelbrock. Someone who offers a kit specifically for your vehicle. That way your jetting chart will be for your fuel pressures that your car runs.

Its the easiest way to get started. Installation is pretty straight forward. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS or have a race shop near you do it if you are not that mechanically inclined.

Have fun with the Vette, and try not to kill yourself or anyone else for that matter. Racing is for the tracks. If you decide to race on a public road, do it WAY OUT away from dense population so that if you wreck, you aren't taking out innocent people. Or better yet, just don't race on the street.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr.Z06
Hi everyone im new to chevy and domestic cars and I brought the my dream car a couple weeks ago 2002 z06 and its amazing.

What I would like to run a 100 shot wet kit on my car..it has the following mods done to it by the previous owner. .

-slightly ported heads
-slightly ported TB-halltech intake
-lt headers 1 7/8-no cats-3inch pipes from headers back to 3inch kooks x pipe to 4inch quad tips

-lg custom cam 239/242 with .650 lift 112 lsa
-titanium springs with push rods-tuned by gforce and puts down 465rwhp..

im about to have JR at teamZr1 look over the tune Gforce did and posibaily retune it soon just so I know everything is safe.

Also is there a device similer to a cobb access port that most imports use?
What does it MPH in 1/4? 465rwhp is a lot for that setup.
Do you know what the spring pressure is open and closed for valves?
The 100 shot will definitely make it spin up faster and work them a little harder.

For the LS6, you want, either a PLATE between the TB and the INTAKE or you can use a shark nozzle. At that HP level, won't make a huge difference.
If you use a nozzle, MAKE SURE its AFTER the MAF. You got a picture of the COBB device? Not sure what you are referencing. Put some 6 or 7 series plugs in and you can easily run the 100 shot. 6s will work fine at 100 shot and thats based on real time experience.

The C5Zs stock clutch, trans and diff won't last long at 500+rwhp, but from a roll she will be bad azz.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:52 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
You got a picture of the COBB device? Not sure what you are referencing.
It's basically a Hypertech tuner for imports. Run map A for xyz mods sort of deal. Good for a ballpark, but I wouldn't try it on anything highly modified.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:13 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

You can run a 100 shot without any issues. Over that I'd think your fuel system may need some upgrading. As far as pulling timing with a device, the LNC-2000 is what you would want to use. We make a vehicle specific system for your car with hardlines that really makes for a clean install. http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/nitrous...te-system.html Go ahead and get some NGK BR7 plugs as well.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
What does it MPH in 1/4? 465rwhp is a lot for that setup.
Do you know what the spring pressure is open and closed for valves?
The 100 shot will definitely make it spin up faster and work them a little harder.

For the LS6, you want, either a PLATE between the TB and the INTAKE or you can use a shark nozzle. At that HP level, won't make a huge difference.
If you use a nozzle, MAKE SURE its AFTER the MAF. You got a picture of the COBB device? Not sure what you are referencing. Put some 6 or 7 series plugs in and you can easily run the 100 shot. 6s will work fine at 100 shot and thats based on real time experience.

The C5Zs stock clutch, trans and diff won't last long at 500+rwhp, but from a roll she will be bad azz.
I don't know what the mph is but the previous owner told me it did 11.3 in the 1/4..car deffintly has a lot of "get up" when I roll race(I can't dig because the tires on it now wont grip in 1st,2nd, or 3rd it'll just get side ways)im still learning the car and as far as spring pressure I honestly have no clue, is there a way to find out?
I was just asking for future reference if I can run nitrious wwith the cam I got or if I o should just get it out my head if im going to have to tear the motor down and do a complete rebulid..
Old 11-13-2013, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
You can run a 100 shot without any issues. Over that I'd think your fuel system may need some upgrading. As far as pulling timing with a device, the LNC-2000 is what you would want to use. We make a vehicle specific system for your car with hardlines that really makes for a clean install. http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/nitrous...te-system.html Go ahead and get some NGK BR7 plugs as well.
Cool thanks ill save this for when im ready yes im planing on upgradeing my fuel system aswell because the injectors are pretty much maxed out according to my tuner
Old 11-13-2013, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by BigEd_72455
Dude, if you are gonna refer to ricer tech, you need to do research and find something similar so we know what you are talking about. We no spreeka RICER!! Except to say So WOOONG!!

As for running nitrous on your car, YES, you can. nitrous, when PROPERLY jetted, can be run on literally anything out there. I have seen it on RC cars all the way up to V8 Caterpillar diesels.. Best thing to do would be to start out with a new kit from NOS or ZEX or Edelbrock. Someone who offers a kit specifically for your vehicle. That way your jetting chart will be for your fuel pressures that your car runs.

Its the easiest way to get started. Installation is pretty straight forward. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS or have a race shop near you do it if you are not that mechanically inclined.

Have fun with the Vette, and try not to kill yourself or anyone else for that matter. Racing is for the tracks. If you decide to race on a public road, do it WAY OUT away from dense population so that if you wreck, you aren't taking out innocent people. Or better yet, just don't race on the street.
Haha I was warned about this site but thanks for the great advice
Old 11-13-2013, 12:25 PM
TECH Regular

Haha I was warned about this site but thanks for the great advice
Give nitrous outlet a call, they will hook you up with the best
Products and the best advice!
Old 11-13-2013, 08:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Please......I think he already has a dad.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BrntWS6
Please......I think he already has a dad.
Seriously? I tell him simply to just be safe and not race near crowded areas to AVOID accidents or hurting someone else, and this is the BS you put up?

Lemme guess?? STREET RACER!!
Old 11-13-2013, 10:56 PM

Seriously? I tell him simply to just be safe and not race near crowded areas to AVOID accidents or hurting someone else, and this is the BS you put up?

lol I kmow what you're saying. .we had a bad accedint out here at our local street strip. .I didnt witnesses it but I heard it happen towards the finish line and i did witness the 4 ambulance that past by so im assuming both cars had passengers..ill be mostly at the track and a roll race here and there.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

People don't need to be lectured on a car forum of all places about racing.
Which is common sense anyway. If racing on the street a few times a year classifies me as a streetracer then i guess i am.....as are 90% of the members on this forum.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Might want to invest in some tires first if you're already spinning through third

That being said, make sure your NA tune is spot on, throw on a plate kit, window switch, WOT microswitch, and a timing box, pull a few degrees, and let her eat. It will LOVE the spray.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:06 PM

See this is where its confusing. .I know noone wants to here about the cobb access port for imports but what that dose is it allows one to have a few different tunes. .1 for just daily driving and with a click of a button it'll switch tunes for lets say nitrous so when im at the strip I can switch tunes for the nitrous..I dont want to be driving a car thats just tuned for nitrious because I wont ne spraying all the times, just occasionally...am I missing something here?do they make a device for ls cars?
Is just haveing that one tuned for nitrious ok for a daily driver?
Old 11-14-2013, 11:08 PM

Oh yea im just waiting on a set of used good 17in rims to pop up for sale then im going to get some tires then the nitrous kit
Old 11-15-2013, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See this is where its confusing. .I know noone wants to here about the cobb access port for imports but what that dose is it allows one to have a few different tunes. .1 for just daily driving and with a click of a button it'll switch tunes for lets say nitrous so when im at the strip I can switch tunes for the nitrous..I dont want to be driving a car thats just tuned for nitrious because I wont ne spraying all the times, just occasionally...am I missing something here?do they make a device for ls cars?
Is just haveing that one tuned for nitrious ok for a daily driver?
There are many options. The best is a COS5 tune by EFI LIVE. It allows 2 switchable tunes so you can fully adjust for nitrous AND fuel. Another method is just put a timing retard box on. Get familiar w/LSX tuning apps and that may help.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

couple options... 411 ECU's can support custom-OS tunes, as mentioned above. Frost can also supply you with a dual-tune ECU.

Or run a timing retard.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:33 PM

Anyone know where I cant get a gauge like this from?this thing is cool as ****...im planning on buying all the little things first before I holla at brandon@nitrousoutlet..I want to start adding every single saftey equipment, gauge, switches, etc.. onto my christmas wish list then im going to buy the nitrous kit
Attached Thumbnails would I be able to run nitrous safely with my mods (z06 ls6)-2013-11-26-23.30.54.png  
Old 11-27-2013, 09:00 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Sadly,I don't think that gauge is made anymore. We ARE running our 15% off Black Friday sale for the next week!

Quick Reply: would I be able to run nitrous safely with my mods (z06 ls6)