Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to give Nitrous a shot, but have some questions...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 01:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to give Nitrous a shot, but have some questions...

I am looking at running a 100 shot and hoping it will net me high 10's at mid 120's mph. Not sure if this is possible with my setup. What are you nos guys doing for refills? Do you have your own refill station, or have it done elsewhere. I got a quote for $200 for a 64 lb bottle, and $169/fill. This sounds relatively inexpensive vs having someone else fill it, but maybe dangerous to have it in my own garage. The least expensive quote I received was $8/lb for refills at a shop. Another question is what kits are you guys running? Are you buying kits specific to the G8, or putting them together on your own? What safety devices are necessary to run with nitrous? And finally, do you need to have 2 tunes when running nitrous, or is there a way with hpt to pull timing when nos is activated? Thanks for any input.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll let the more experienced answer you G8 specific question...I pay $2.99/lb at Pep-boys!!. Drop it off on my way to work and pick up on the way home=pretty convenient for me.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gtp6515
I am looking at running a 100 shot and hoping it will net me high 10's at mid 120's mph. Not sure if this is possible with my setup. What are you nos guys doing for refills? Do you have your own refill station, or have it done elsewhere. I got a quote for $200 for a 64 lb bottle, and $169/fill. This sounds relatively inexpensive vs having someone else fill it, but maybe dangerous to have it in my own garage. The least expensive quote I received was $8/lb for refills at a shop. Another question is what kits are you guys running? Are you buying kits specific to the G8, or putting them together on your own? What safety devices are necessary to run with nitrous? And finally, do you need to have 2 tunes when running nitrous, or is there a way with hpt to pull timing when nos is activated? Thanks for any input.
It will get you what you are looking for if you put some good tires on the car and get a better 60ft than a 1.85.

As for refills, I have a shop and we do refills for 4.25/lb. It won't be dangerous in your garage unless you run into the tank and knock it down or something. Nitrous is not flammable. This is not Fast and the Furious.

You can get a specific plate kit from Nitrous Outlet. I like a plate because its a cleaner install but it costs a little more. Here is a link.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/efi-wet...-system-1.html

If you have HPT already you can do the IAT tricker mod to pull timing or if not, you can get the LNC 2000 from Nitrous Outlet and it will only pull timing when you spray the nitrous. Make sure you get a colder set of plugs and use good fuel.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:02 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

You cant go wrong with our G8 specific plate system with hard lines!
Old 01-14-2014, 11:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

The easiest way to run a NA tune and still run nitrous is use something like a lingenfelter box to pull timing when the nitrous is activated. As far as safety I would run a window switch at a bare minimum. Nitrous Outlet makes a really nice hardline G8 specific plate kit which not looks great but also works very good.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just ran my bone stock 2008 G8 at Bradenton on Sunday. It ran 13.90 at 102. I am sorry to say that a 100 shot will not get you into the 10's. It would take a lot more for that.

As to the difference a 100 shot makes. There was a Hemi Challenger there that ran 13.80 NA and 13.30 with a 100 shot Zex system. He was stock except for exhaust and SRT8 intake. He used stock tune when he ran nitrous, and diablosport canned tune when he ran NA.

Have fun.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by casias
I just ran my bone stock 2008 G8 at Bradenton on Sunday. It ran 13.90 at 102. I am sorry to say that a 100 shot will not get you into the 10's. It would take a lot more for that.

As to the difference a 100 shot makes. There was a Hemi Challenger there that ran 13.80 NA and 13.30 with a 100 shot Zex system. He was stock except for exhaust and SRT8 intake. He used stock tune when he ran nitrous, and diablosport canned tune when he ran NA.

Have fun.
He's not stock (check his sig) If he gets his 60' down a little, I think 100 shot will yield a 10.99 - 11.1
Good luck OP
Old 01-15-2014, 06:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ragtopz28
He's not stock (check his sig) If he gets his 60' down a little, I think 100 shot will yield a 10.99 - 11.1
Good luck OP
Oops.

Quick Reply: Looking to give Nitrous a shot, but have some questions...