Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what gas in in the NANO system?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 07:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what gas in in the NANO system?

Ok, I know this is a silly question so please forgive me. What gas do you put into the NANO bottle when you fill it? Nitrogen? Compressed air? I've read that you can go to a welding supply store, scuba diving place, paint ball store ... but to me those all sell different things. I'm going Monday to fill my nitrous bottle (found a speed shop local that fills them) but need to fill my NANO bottle while I'm out. There is a scuba place right next door to the speed shop and I can stop in there but when they say what do you want in it, how much, and what is the pressure I don't know the answer.

Educate me please.

Thanks.

Scott
Old 01-16-2014, 08:16 AM

There's a thread above in the sticky section that might have some information. It seemed to me like a lot of people had trouble filling the bottle up to 4500PSI as most places don't have the equipment for that, just means that the bottle will need refilled more, but I've also been told you need to refill the NANO after every N2O bottle, I don't know.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...solutions.html
Old 01-16-2014, 08:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lferrante
There's a thread above in the sticky section that might have some information. It seemed to me like a lot of people had trouble filling the bottle up to 4500PSI as most places don't have the equipment for that, just means that the bottle will need refilled more, but I've also been told you need to refill the NANO after every N2O bottle, I don't know.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...solutions.html
Thanks. I have the smaller bottle which I believe is 3000PSI. I do plan to fill it every time I fill the nitrous bottle since the scuba shop is next door to the speed shop. I did read that post before I asked the question and I'm still not sure what gas it is. I read nitrogen but is that correct? I'm not sure why a scuba shop or paint ball place would have nitrogen? I would think they were have oxygen and compressed air respectfully. ???

Scott
Old 01-16-2014, 09:11 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nitrogen or compressed air are the two types that are used with the NANO system.

Thanks,
Garrett
Old 01-16-2014, 09:16 AM

Garrett, do you think a 200 gallon air compressor will fill to 4500PSI? Or is not a matter of size but pump power, etc?

We have a 200 gallon compressor at home and thinking about moving to NANO (don't want to keep taking it to some shop other than my N2O fill station).
Old 01-16-2014, 09:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
Nitrogen or compressed air are the two types that are used with the NANO system.

Thanks,
Garrett
Thank you!
Old 01-16-2014, 09:29 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by lferrante
Garrett, do you think a 200 gallon air compressor will fill to 4500PSI? Or is not a matter of size but pump power, etc?

We have a 200 gallon compressor at home and thinking about moving to NANO (don't want to keep taking it to some shop other than my N2O fill station).
No, the 200 gallon won't be able to do it. Most guys that use a NANO system, buy a mother bottle of nitrogen that is at 4500 psi, and use a regulator from NANO to fill their own bottles. Hope this helps...

-Garrett
Old 01-17-2014, 06:42 PM
Launching!

We use nitrogen in ours and have the regulator to fill it in the trailor.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:39 PM
On The Tree

Takes a big bad pump to get to 4500 psi or a 6k mother bottle. Scuba shops can fill the lower 3k pressure ones with compressed air.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:00 PM
10 Second Club

I have a 6000psi mother bottle I refill the smaller one with.

For compressed air you have to use a system like the fire dept uses to fill air pack bottles for fire guys. They go to 2800psi on there bottles but my father says it would go to 4000psi easy.
But this pump system takes a little while to pump up that high. It's not real fast filling. That's why they have lots of spares on the truck.
Also, air temp will change more with compressed air. Not the same with nitrogen...

I love my nano setup. I watch all these guys dicking with the heaters and breaking out the propane torches and I laugh. I'm ready to roll at will!
Old 01-21-2014, 03:05 AM
On The Tree

The NANO does work but down here in Texas where it gets HOTTER than hell in the summer the NANO will keep pressuring up your bottle where you have to put ice on it or purge the pressure off all the time. When you purge it your expensive nitrous flies out into the atmosphere wasted. I will say mine hits very hard especially on the first hit with full N2o and NANO bottle and maintains pressure for 2 good pulls then seems to maintain the pressure but will not hit as hard as the first couple of hits. The kit comes with a freezer blanket that you soak up water with and freeze it and put on the bottle to keep pressures down and it helps in mild temps but if its HOT summer time the bitch will heat up and keep pressuring up. Ask me how I know.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:07 AM
On The Tree

They have lots of SCBA bottles on the fire truck so they are available when they need them. They fill pretty fast from a 6k mother bottle. Ive been filling them for 25 years.

Quick Reply: what gas in in the NANO system?