Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NANO Pressure - anyone having issues?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 05:03 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default NANO Pressure - anyone having issues?

I was having issues with my 3000 PSI NANO bottle regulating my Nitrous Bottles. Back in the day, in the heat, they were creating too much pressure at the bottle - 1250psi +. I had to ice them down. I sent them back to NANO Nitrous where they recalibrated them. When I got them back they only made 950-975 at the bottles. I wanted 1050 psi. I know NANO Nitrous is not in business or active right now so I did some research to see if I could re-calibrate them. Talked to paint-ball shops who were no help. Went online and found a video that covered the basics and after a few tries - 1050 psi! It's really easy to do. Not sure if this is an issue for anyone but if a few people want to know how I'll post up the instructions.....
Old 07-28-2014, 10:58 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely interested.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your issues. I know how the heat can screw with that nano psi. I have the 4000 psi system an after figuring out that I would have to ice the n2o bottles in the heat I gave up on the nano kit. Sure do miss using the n2o bottles down to the last drop with out psi drop though .
Old 07-29-2014, 06:17 AM
9 Second Club/Nitrous Mod

My nano was recalibrated to 900 as well and it worked fine for me at that psi. It ends up going up anyway from warmer weather and nano in the nitrous bottle. Also, Tom at Nano sent me a video of how to recalibrated it myself.

I've always kept my nitrous bottle in the freezer during summer weather and in the garage during winter weather.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:56 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by shortdog
My nano was recalibrated to 900 as well and it worked fine for me at that psi. It ends up going up anyway from warmer weather and nano in the nitrous bottle. Also, Tom at Nano sent me a video of how to recalibrated it myself.

I've always kept my nitrous bottle in the freezer during summer weather and in the garage during winter weather.
Do you still have a copy of that video to share?
Old 07-29-2014, 10:20 AM
9 Second Club/Nitrous Mod

^It was on my old cell phone, so I don't have it anymore, sorry.

I vaguely remember by removing the regulator and lowering the psi by removing a washer for each 50 psi increment.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

I guess I need to check this on my system. I'm new to Nitrous, and living in Texas, the interior of my car will see 120*+ over the summer.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:10 PM
9 Second Club

The link below goes to a video on YouTube that shows how to do it. Just remember the tank must be completely empty of air before you do this!!!!!

The washers you want to adjust are not the ones on the regulator itself but the ones sitting in the neck of the bottle. They can be hard to see in there and you might need a pick or allan key to pry them out. There should be two washers (very thin) for 950-975 and it took adding a 3rd to get to 1050. If I was in very hot climate I would probably go with 2 washers.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oiiw28BjsKQ

Quick Reply: NANO Pressure - anyone having issues?