Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i shot for 10s and fell short by .03

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 10:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default i shot for 10s and fell short by .03

just got back from the track with the new TH400 and NX shark nozzle. NA i was getting 11.70s with crappy 1.70s 60fts. i put in the 150 jets and gave it a try. i decided to spray out of the hole with out success. i emidiatly spun to a slower 1.84 60ft and did not grab until 3rd gear. the car ran a 11.03 at 130. i was hoping for at least 10.80 or so with the 150 but if its not going to hook, its not going to happen. i wanted to try again but it was getting late and only enough time for one more run. i really wanted to try the 200 jets so i put them in. i figured i would run the 60ft NA and then hit the **** to get my 10 second pass. so thats what i did. i took off NA and then once the car was nice and hooked i floored it. as soon as i hit the throttle, the tires let loss and the car bounced of the limiter ON THE SPRAY (no window switch here). i hit second gear and every thing seemed fine so i hit it again. my tires let loss again and once more she hit the 7100rpm limiter. i went to third and something did not feel right so i let off and still ran a 11.17 a 130. as i slowed down i could here her missing pretty bad. i pulled the oil cap but did not notice any blow by or anything. also there was no water in the oil. all i could figure is that i bend some push rods or melted a plug. with no tools, i loaded in up on the trailer and went home. i will pull it apart and tell ya what i find. also i think am going to order a window switch hehehe.
Old 05-23-2004, 10:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang, that sucks, to bad you missed a 10 sec run by that little.

I'm wondering what your gonna find. Good luck.
Old 05-23-2004, 10:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe next time. what tires are you running? i hope i can break 10's this year,i'm spraying my car for the first time this year.
Old 05-23-2004, 12:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you like the swap from M6 to TH400? What stall did you go with? Rear-end, gears, tires?

I should be getting my TH400 w/4000 stall - with all the goodies - from MadMan this week. Hoping to get some times next weekend.

Congrats on the times. With traction I am sure mid-10's are in the very near future.

David
Old 05-23-2004, 09:10 PM
10 Second Club

just pulled the heads off a few hours ago. here is the damage. i have a thread somewhere in the internal engine page with info on how much time i spent on these poritng them out and everything. now this one is junk. the other one is still in good shape. looks like a MSD window switch is going on the car now. i didn't figure i would need one with an auto but when that car started spinning, it was only a split second until it hit the limiter and cut the fuel. luckly the diamond nitrous pistons did there job and stayed together through all of it. i guess i will put on the stockers until i have some time to port out another set. at least i did'n't spend 2K on them like i almost did.
Old 05-23-2004, 09:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mike c.
maybe next time. what tires are you running? i hope i can break 10's this year,i'm spraying my car for the first time this year.
i had ET streets 26/10.5/15 is was mainly the track for the most part. no one was hooking.
Old 05-23-2004, 09:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Navy David SS
How do you like the swap from M6 to TH400? What stall did you go with? Rear-end, gears, tires?

I should be getting my TH400 w/4000 stall - with all the goodies - from MadMan this week. Hoping to get some times next weekend.

Congrats on the times. With traction I am sure mid-10's are in the very near future.

David
i like the TH400 but it does not shift as soon as i move the shifter. there is a small delay. the stall is a 3800-4200 and i am running 3.73s on the stock axle for now. i can sure use some 4.10s though.
Old 05-24-2004, 04:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the pics of ur head look just like mine when i blow my motor up my heads were $2300

i got them fix for $300 with new valves and seat at a local machine shop,,,,,they are easy to fix
Old 05-24-2004, 05:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by silverTA
the pics of ur head look just like mine when i blow my motor up my heads were $2300

i got them fix for $300 with new valves and seat at a local machine shop,,,,,they are easy to fix
yea i just called a machine shop that said that he cold weld them back together. problem is that there is two cylinders like this so it might be more expensive. i just got ahold of someone that will sell me one bare head for $100. then i just got to port it out and put in my valves to match the other one. i will find out what is cheaper and get on it. for now, i am going to put on some stock LS1s to make it to the Clash this weekend in SAR.