Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What nitrous controller?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 07:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What nitrous controller?

I am wanting to put a plate kit on my 2001 Corvette. I had always loved the HSW microedge but obviously cant get one of those any more. Does anyone have a controller that they would recommend?
Old 04-12-2016, 11:44 PM
9 Second Club

I have Leash Electronics Progressive nitrous controller, I love it. Easy to use, big screen easy to see. It has time delay, ramp time, ramp start and finish, 3 programmable ramps to run sequentially. Customer service is great, Randy is really quick at returning text message and emails. Only problem is wiring into an existing working system, I had to change the way the system was wired into the car to work with the relay board and controller. A minor issues I was willing to deal with. If your wiring up a system into a car for first it's a piece of cake.
Old 04-13-2016, 02:05 PM
Teching In

I like the NX TPS/RPM controller. simple and easy to use and adjust if need be.
http://nitrousexpress.com/18959-nx-d...-required.html
Old 04-14-2016, 11:12 PM
Staging Lane

Micro Storm works great. Stores 5 tunes, start % stop %, ramp. Rpm start and stop,
Old 04-16-2016, 09:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The end all be all of controllers is the LPE NCC002

It has by far the most functionality of any controller on the market
Old 04-17-2016, 08:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ATwelveSec02Z28
The end all be all of controllers is the LPE NCC002

It has by far the most functionality of any controller on the market
I've been interested in this controller, but don't see anyone posting anything about it. Do you mind if I ask why you chose this one and how you are using it? thanks!
Old 04-17-2016, 09:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 99FRC
I've been interested in this controller, but don't see anyone posting anything about it. Do you mind if I ask why you chose this one and how you are using it? thanks!
I use it in my car when I was racing in Ultra Street - running a IS SledgeHammer plate system.

The progressive has features that make it simple to use with a transbrake / 2 Step.

I use a time based ramp, starting nitrous percentage around 20-40%. It allows non linear ramps, 3 different pulsing frequencies and the ability to have different ramps with nitrous and fuel.... This helps when there are lean spikes on activation.

Has a 12v output I used to control my water injection system.... Allowed the water to come in once the nitrous hit a set percentage rather than once activated. It allowed the water injection to start at say 80% versus 1%. This prevents the water from taking out too much power at lower nitrous percentage.

I use the analog output to put the ramp into my RacePak datalogger, even though the unit has its own logging capabilities.

The controller can even be used to control a bottle heater with the optional pressure sensor.

The things the LPE box can do are endless.... But the biggest reason I went to it is because it is one of the only computer AND on box programmable units.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ATwelveSec02Z28
I

The progressive has features that make it simple to use with a transbrake / 2 Step.

The things the LPE box can do are endless.... But the biggest reason I went to it is because it is one of the only computer AND on box programmable units.
Yeah, these are the two reasons I like it. The ZL1 has launch control (similar to a two step) and no-lift shifting. I want the progressive ramping to bring the nitrous back in gradually after a shift rather than spraying through a shift. It would much better to just have one box to control everything. Thanks for the feedback on it!
Old 04-20-2016, 05:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The LPE NCC002 is a GREAT controller. A lot of people use it but then again a lot don't because of the price but for everything that you get with that controller the price is totally worth it! You can read all about its options on the link below! -Matt

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/electro...ol-center.html
Old 04-21-2016, 06:07 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
The LPE NCC002 is a GREAT controller. A lot of people use it but then again a lot don't because of the price but for everything that you get with that controller the price is totally worth it! You can read all about its options on the link below! -Matt

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/electro...ol-center.html
I find it funny that people dont use it because of the price....

The NOS Launcher is about $200 cheaper - but it is designed for controlling the nitrous and fuel solenoids together. You can independently control them but you lose the 2 stage capability (Not a huge deal any more as its been proven 1 large kit progressed can work as well).

You cannot adjust on the fly unless you get the touch screen, which makes the Launcher more expensive. Having used both the Launcher and the NCC-002, the software differences are huge.

The NCC-002 stores 3 progressive profiles, less than 5 button presses can change between those three, this is huge for drag racing... I tend to have a killer track prep tune, a moderate tune, and a safe "just get down the track" tune in these positions....
Old 04-21-2016, 08:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think if you look at the cost of everything this replaces or controls, it's relatively cost effective. A lot less moving parts and points of failure. I always say nitrous isn't cheap if it's done right.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:40 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I completely agree with you about it being priced right with all that it can do. Unfortunately you would be surprised with the amount of people that don't want to spend the extra money because they see a cheaper unit. They don't even compare features. -Matt
Old 04-21-2016, 02:11 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might also look at our controller... We have numerous street customers as well as hardcore racers using it with phenomenal results.

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/15957-...ontroller.html

-Chris

Quick Reply: What nitrous controller?