Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

finnally got some pics of my N2O setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 06:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default finnally got some pics of my N2O setup

here is my set up. my goals are to spray 250 though a single nozzle but for now i am only running 150. the kit is kind of a basterd. it consist of a NX shark nozzle drilled though the MAF, NOS pro shot nitrous soliniod, NOS cheater fuel soliniod, 6A nitrous and fuel line, auto zone relays, radio shack micro switch mouted on the gas pedal, TNT 15lb bottle (for now until my freind takes it back then its back to the 10lb NOS), and a nitrous works nitrous solinoid for the purge. i just slap some stuff together since i am short on money. eventually, i am going to go with a fogger with a seperate fuel system, but that is some time from know.
Old 06-20-2004, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why do you have that curve in the n2o line from the selonoid to the nozzle like that? Did you do that on purpose?
Old 06-21-2004, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

I sprayed 225rwhp on my stock bottom end through a single NX nozzle so I know it can be done. One thing you might want to check is to make sure the line from the nitrous solenoid to the nozzle is longer than the fuel line, from the pics it looks like it is quite a bit shorter (not a good thing)

Good luck with the setup
Old 06-21-2004, 08:25 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by exodus
Why do you have that curve in the n2o line from the selonoid to the nozzle like that? Did you do that on purpose?
thats the only way it would fit due to the length of the line. the tie strap is there so i can adjust the nozzle up or down.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:26 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bad Habit Bird
I sprayed 225rwhp on my stock bottom end through a single NX nozzle so I know it can be done. One thing you might want to check is to make sure the line from the nitrous solenoid to the nozzle is longer than the fuel line, from the pics it looks like it is quite a bit shorter (not a good thing)

Good luck with the setup
good point. there acually equal lenghts right now but i can get a longer one made. thanks.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:23 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula

Why do you need to have the nitrous line from the solenoid to the nozzle have to be longer than the fuel line? And which fuel line, the one from the solenoid to the nozzle, or the one from the fuel rail to the solenoid?
Thanks
Old 06-21-2004, 03:29 PM
10 Second Club

well some people like haveing the line from the N2O noid to the nozzle longer then the fuel line from noid to nozzle because the nitrous is under greater pressure. because on this, the nitrous should get to the nozzle before the fuel does and might cause a bog. the reason i have then the same length is because i got them off a NOS caurberated system and thats the way they had it, so i figured it would be OK. i did not have any problems with it though and manage to get a 10.83 with just the 150 jets. i didn't get to try the 200 that night but oh well.
Old 06-21-2004, 05:56 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula

Ah, I kinda figured that since the nitrous pressure is what...1000psi and fuel pressure is 60psi?
Anyway, is there a rule of thumb for the lengths? How much longer should the nitrous line be than the fuel line?
Old 06-22-2004, 12:50 AM
10 Second Club

not sure on that one. my lines are 8 inchs long though.