Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using a Cold Fusion Nitrous Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 11:14 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone using a Cold Fusion Nitrous Kit?

Any problems with the kit? Do you like it? Nice Gains?
Old 07-21-2004, 07:55 PM
Teching In

I have installed 2 cold fusion wet kits. one on my LS1 and one on a friend of mines firebird. I am extremely satisfied with the quality and performance of the kits! My Camaro went from 12.70's to 11.20's with a dual nozzle kit. There prices can't be beat and the customer service is second to non! I give them ***** 5 star rating.
Old 07-22-2004, 06:54 AM
TECH Resident

Post Edited due to the fact that this guy is just pushing his stuff too hard and stirring up stuff in Nitro Daves threads who I fully back.

I have some cold fusion parts, but Nitro Dave is better to deal with.

Last edited by jamnut; 08-02-2004 at 07:51 AM.
Old 07-22-2004, 09:24 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Thanks! Anybody else?
Old 07-22-2004, 01:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by speednls1
I have installed 2 cold fusion wet kits. one on my LS1 and one on a friend of mines firebird. I am extremely satisfied with the quality and performance of the kits! My Camaro went from 12.70's to 11.20's with a dual nozzle kit. There prices can't be beat and the customer service is second to non! I give them ***** 5 star rating.

Anyone else notice anything fishy about this post, Lets see. he registers today and its his first post Wonder who this guy really is
Old 07-22-2004, 03:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stangsteve
Anyone else notice anything fishy about this post, Lets see. he registers today and its his first post Wonder who this guy really is
Yeah, kinda sounds like a little free advertising to me.....
Old 07-23-2004, 01:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cold Fusion sells really inexpensive parts. I put them in the same category as Dynotune.. Cheap stuff to piece together a kit.

I've installed a few cold fusion solenoids on customers' cars.. They were identical to the smaller series NOS solenoids. No complaints.
Old 07-23-2004, 02:18 AM
TECH Addict

where can i look these things up?
Old 07-23-2004, 02:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ebay.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:51 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by juiSSed1172
Cold Fusion sells really inexpensive parts. I put them in the same category as Dynotune.. Cheap stuff to piece together a kit.

The reason we have been as successful as we are and continue to grow is the quality of our parts is equal to or in many cases superior to ANY company out there. Not sure if you have purchased any of our parts but if you compare the quality, materials used and completeness of the kits against the competition you will see why we are so successful.

Dean
Old 07-23-2004, 08:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Dean,

I run 2 of your bottle heaters as a matter of fact. I reread my post and it seems that I worded it wrongly.

What I meant to say is that dynotune & cold fusion bother offer very inexpensive parts of great quality.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

facts: 1. Cold Fusion Nitrous Systems buys all of there Solenoids From Peter Paul Electronics and the solenoids we sell are exactly the same as NX or NOS. All 3 companies buy direct from Peter Paul. 2. We also purchase all of our bottles, heaters and braided hose from the same manufacture as NOS and NX. So, the only difference is the stickers on the products. Dyno Tune, cold fusion, NX, NOS all of us are on a equal playing field and the difference in the price is simply a matter of overhead. Cold Fusion has been manufacturing/machining Jets, Nozzles, Fittings for over 15 years under the name Gulf Coast Machining. NX, NOS, Dyno Tune, Nitrous Works, ZEX all buy there jets, fittings, nozzles from wholesalers or machine shops such as ours or in most cases for the larger companies out source to machine shops in Mexico. because we also own several machine shops with Millions of dollars in CNC equipment it allows us to have super high quality parts for a killer price! Just the facts.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by wholesalenitrousmike
facts: 1. Cold Fusion Nitrous Systems buys all of there Solenoids From Peter Paul Electronics and the solenoids we sell are exactly the same as NX or NOS. All 3 companies buy direct from Peter Paul. 2. We also purchase all of our bottles, heaters and braided hose from the same manufacture as NOS and NX. So, the only difference is the stickers on the products. Dyno Tune, cold fusion, NX, NOS all of us are on a equal playing field and the difference in the price is simply a matter of overhead. Cold Fusion has been manufacturing/machining Jets, Nozzles, Fittings for over 15 years under the name Gulf Coast Machining. NX, NOS, Dyno Tune, Nitrous Works, ZEX all buy there jets, fittings, nozzles from wholesalers or machine shops such as ours or in most cases for the larger companies out source to machine shops in Mexico. because we also own several machine shops with Millions of dollars in CNC equipment it allows us to have super high quality parts for a killer price! Just the facts.
Who builds your heater, hoses, bottles. Not here to knock you but you keep bringing up NOs and NX. NOS I know uses or did use skinner valves not peter paul. Also just because you may buy from the same suppliers does not always mean you are buying the same part(quality) Could you take a close up picture of the your solenoids. What is your companies warranty program?
I will have to call NX and see if they do or do not buy from the same companies.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:00 PM
On The Tree

Default more info.

NOS buys there remote bottle openers from skinner and a long time ago they purchased regular solenoids. Now Peter Paul has MOST everyones business. As far as quality we all get the same stuff. Nitrous is no super secret any more. Calling NX to get info about the industry will probably generate a inaccurate picture! Call an NX dealer such as Thunder Alley 912-754-1610 that buys from both of us and he will tell you the same thing. We do not make a habit of giving out all our suppliers names as I'm sure you can understand it takes a lot of time and research to aquire that type of info. Peter Paul is something that most everyone knows. So, If it makes you feel better buying a .125 Nitrous solenoid from NX for $160.00 instead of under $100.00 or paying $1000.00 for a wet kit when it should only be about $500.00 is up to you. do whatever makes you feel good. No harm there. Or call Reher Morrison Racing Engines and get there opinion. They sell our Direct port kit and NOS. The only difference is a sticker and that is what it is. The cat is out of the bag and that is our simple business approach! We are here to help and do not mind.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:51 PM
Staging Lane

Ok, heres my oppinion, If you go to auto zone to buy an alternator for your car they give you about 3 differant choices, rebuilt no warranty, rebuilt lifetime warranty or new, There are several differant levels of quality to chose from and the buyer gets to make his choice. You get what you pay for. Im not going to bang anyones product but how do you know that yours is equal to or better than the next. Maybe you arent spending the extra money to have the best. You wanna bring in a company like NOS then lets do. NOS has had severe problems with there JUNK fogger nozzles for years, I can recall the same problems 10 years ago.I personaly have had experience with them on my cars. And one was with there plate system. There solenoids have been known to fail for years. Are you a company that will stand behind your products like NX or TNT would, Ive been more than impressed with theres, I know TNT has one of the best nozzles period, They are made of stainless steel and even though a little pricier than NOS or NX they are 100% pure quality and that company will NOT lower its standards to make an affordable kit. Im a nitrous junkie and I collect nitrous parts just for testing and even as conversation pieces, I have a plate kit from a mustang on my wall now that was built by some has been company. The way theyre jetting worked was put a huge nitrous pills in it but none on the fuel side, they chose to flood the crap out of the motor to bring hp levels down, not a safe way to do it. Not to say anything bad about you Mike but when you give out information to guys on where to buy parts you give the impression that anyone can call and start a company but not everyone has what it takes to build quality kits or test them for that matter. Anyone with a little coin can buy into Peter PAul but that doesnt mean they are buying the same parts. NX and TNT have the best nozzles on the market today, not just reminisent nozzle available to everyone.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Keep up the great work. glad to see your still trying to keep the blinders over consumers eyes! LOL. there better, I'm better, stainless, brass, spend more get more! I love it. the one thing I will agree on is NOS has had a problem with there B-Nozzles and that is the trueth! We do not sell B-Nozzles so I could care less about NOS and there faulty design. I sleep great at night knowing that we provide a quality product and outstanding service and that my boy is #1... Seeya at the races.
Old 07-25-2004, 01:50 AM
10 Second Club

I bought a Cold fusion kit from Mike last year. I've been very pleased with it( I picked up a second and 10 MPH with a 100 wet shot ) A buddy of mine also bought one at the same time and has had similar results. Neither of us have any complaints about the systems.
Yes, CF is cheaper than the competition, but I look at that as more money that can be spent elsewhere.
IMHO, Mike sells a quality N2O system at a great price, not to mention great customer service.
Old 07-25-2004, 04:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stangsteve
Ok, heres my oppinion, If you go to auto zone to buy an alternator for your car they give you about 3 differant choices, rebuilt no warranty, rebuilt lifetime warranty or new, There are several differant levels of quality to chose from and the buyer gets to make his choice. You get what you pay for. Im not going to bang anyones product but how do you know that yours is equal to or better than the next. Maybe you arent spending the extra money to have the best. You wanna bring in a company like NOS then lets do. NOS has had severe problems with there JUNK fogger nozzles for years, I can recall the same problems 10 years ago.I personaly have had experience with them on my cars. And one was with there plate system. There solenoids have been known to fail for years. Are you a company that will stand behind your products like NX or TNT would, Ive been more than impressed with theres, I know TNT has one of the best nozzles period, They are made of stainless steel and even though a little pricier than NOS or NX they are 100% pure quality and that company will NOT lower its standards to make an affordable kit. Im a nitrous junkie and I collect nitrous parts just for testing and even as conversation pieces, I have a plate kit from a mustang on my wall now that was built by some has been company. The way theyre jetting worked was put a huge nitrous pills in it but none on the fuel side, they chose to flood the crap out of the motor to bring hp levels down, not a safe way to do it. Not to say anything bad about you Mike but when you give out information to guys on where to buy parts you give the impression that anyone can call and start a company but not everyone has what it takes to build quality kits or test them for that matter. Anyone with a little coin can buy into Peter PAul but that doesnt mean they are buying the same parts. NX and TNT have the best nozzles on the market today, not just reminisent nozzle available to everyone.
i think TNT is the best out there, IMO. people always say NOS is the best because its being used on the fastest cars. MY reply is simply, TNT isnt as old as NOS, otherwise they would be on every fast car too. NOS couldnt hold a candle to the products TNT and NX produce.
Old 07-25-2004, 07:13 PM
11 Second Club

I had a cold fusion hit on my car.installed a purge and went to moroso that day. Purged twice and that noid collapsed and the nitrous noid collapsed a few runs later. needless to say i was pretty pissed. I called mike wear (his card came with the noids) And i was told he would return my call. Guess what no call. i called back twice and was told he was "busy"

Just thought ya'll should know

P.S. bottle pressure was kept at an even 1000 psi by an auto heater that i still use with no probs.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:20 AM
On The Tree

Never got a message from you. All you need to do is send the bad solenoid in for a free replacement. ship it to: CFNS P.O.BOX 941085 HOUSTON, TX 77094-8085
WE WILL GLADLY HELP YOU OUT. Or you can call us and ask for mike 713-849-4120 I would like to add that for 2 solenoids to fail the same day is very unusual. i would like to have the old ones back for testing. You may have had things wired up wrong.

Quick Reply: Anyone using a Cold Fusion Nitrous Kit?