Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nxl Problems Only,in Here

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 02:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Nxl Problems Only,in Here

Ok guys this post is intended for customers with the NXL that have had problems or currently having problems with there kit.Please refrain from bashing or posting third party he said she said.I am looking for the actaual person with the kit on there car.Please put your name and the problems in here.If you do not have this system on your car and you are not having problems please do not post in here.We are trying to keep the clutter out.
Thanks
Dave
Old 07-26-2004, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Name:

Ok, here are my problems that I have had with the kit:
$$$ = COST ME MONEY!!!
(WHAT IF NX CAN'T FIX THE PROBLEMS, WILL WE GET ANOTHER NX KIT?)

1. The cross over line was too short, so we had to use braided fuel line $$$
2. The brackets would not hold (did not have the star washers) so we had to fab up custom brackets $$$ see number 3
3. Since the brackets would not hold they popped off while driving spraying fuel everywhere on my HOT engine. Towbill and back to the shop for custom brackets (see number 2) $$$
4. Ordered the accumulator $$$
5. Muliple dyno runs, swapping out jets because it was either too lean/rich ($$$ for the shipping and breaking the lines while changing the jets)
6. 90# of wasted nitrous while tuning it $$$
7. Breaking lines changing the jets - they break at the collar!!! $$$

==================

Problems identifed so far that need to be addressed:
1. Low HP ratings across all jet patterns (both on the dyno and track)
2. Too rich/too lean across all jet patterns
3. Rails popping off (I had custom brackets made)
4. Cross over line was too short (I had custom one made)
5. Lines from the nozzles to the rails are fragile as hell and break too easy. (can they go to a braided line for this?)

Last edited by MeanWS6; 07-28-2019 at 08:59 PM.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Fuel solenoids weren't opening, I spaced back the solenoids with O-rings and I'm getting SOME fuel flow, but its heavily restricted. Not enough fuel for a 120 shot. I broke one of the lines once, but Ricky hooked me up quickly on that one
Old 07-26-2004, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mike Tokar

I havent dyno'd mine yet but my track results are not real promising. I thought it may have been a temperature issue the first time out but it doesnt appear that way. I have pulled 4° of timing for the shot and when I autotap it the car is STILL pulling 3-4°s of knock retard which makes me think I am real lean with the NXL jetting they recommend. My ET is only dropping about.35 with a 120 shot and my trap speed is going up 5mph which both seem VERY low for a 120 shot.

Previously I had one bad solenoid that wasnt opening at all and a few lines that cracked.

Last edited by 93LS1RX7; 07-27-2004 at 07:44 AM.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Name: Greg Fell

1. The brackets did not hold well, they even popped off while driving spraying fuel everywhere on my HOT engine. Tow charges
2. Ordered the accumulator
3. Several dyno runs trying to get a/f correct
4. Wasted nitrous while tuning
5. Fuel solenoids not working, no fuel sprays. I'm surprised my engine is not a paper weight.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Name: Chris Marlow

Problems:
1) Jetting is off. I have tried the following combinations: 26/12-way lean, 20/10-lean, 20/12 lean, now running 20/14 and gaining 75 rwhp instead of 120. I can provide dyno graphs if needed.

2) Fuel rail popped up from screw vibrating loose. Sprayed fuel on the intake, luckily the exhaust was not hot. Fixed it myself with custom brackets and loctite.

3) I was getting a clicking inside the interior. Tracked it down to the fuel rails amplyifing the injector tick and transmitting it through the firewall. The rails actually rub the firewall. Even after cutting the metal bracket from back of the driver side head. Installed dyno mat on the firewall and the noise diminished. Also had to use a tight radius elbow to install the accumulator on back of the passenger rail instead of the supplied 180 fitting. The 180 fitting hit the firewall.

4) The front crossover tube was too short and replaced with SS braided line.

5) The holes in the bottom of the rails need a radius to allow the O-rings to slide in easier. They are nearly impossible to install without slicing a few.

For a new kit these issues are minor with the exception of the jetting issues. I believe NX should be held responsible for fixing/replacing the kit to at least achieve the advertised HP gains. And I think we are on the right path.

Thanks for the help Dave!
Old 07-26-2004, 07:16 PM
10 Second Club

1) No power! I gained .6 and 7 mph from the 180 jets!!
2) Fuel rail popped up Fortunately I was on the dyno when it happened!
3) The holes in the bottom of the rails need a radius to allow the O-rings to slide in easier. They are nearly impossible to install without slicing a few.
4)Lines from the nozzles to the rails are fragile as hell and break too easy. (can they go to a braided line for this?)
5) When I called NX for help on these matters they stone walled me, but were more than happy to charge me for replacement lines and an accumulator. Bought the lines, have not bought the accumulator. Why should I have to pay for a part to fix a problem in their deisign? AND MY SHOP IS AN NX DEALER!!
Old 07-26-2004, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Name: Joel Farrell

I have not run the kit on the dyno yet, my problems are quality/install related.

rails pop off the injectors easily causing fuel spillage. Every time I've removed the rails or intake, the injectors pop out of the rails. Something to lock the injectors into the rails would be awesome.

weak nitrous/fuel lines from the rail to the nozzles that kink and break.

Ill fitting allen head plug screws for the back of the rails that strip the threads and won't screw in all the way.

Holes in the rails for the injectors are too small and not chamfered (very sharp edges) which makes installation quite difficult and slices up injector O-rings easily.

Necessity for an accumulator to keep fuel pressure up and costs extra money. I don't think we should have had to pay extra for this part.

Last edited by JF WS6; 07-26-2004 at 10:18 PM.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:44 AM
Restricted User

1) Radius the receiver to allow O-ring easier assembly, cut several them little bastards.

2) Fragile lines, mostly at the line to connector, broke one but Ricky took care of that.

3) Fuel Solenoids quit, during a run (not cool). Ricky replaced with line.

4) Jets need some work, 180 on NXL was a .1/2mph slower on ave. than Wet at 150.

5) Hesitation, supposedly from the not having an accumulator, not sure cuz I never tried it opting to sell the kit instead.

No problems with the crossover, I had mine in the back. No problems with the brackets other than they were a total PITA to mount.
Old 07-27-2004, 03:06 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CAT3
1) Radius the receiver to allow O-ring easier assembly, cut several them little bastards.

2) Fragile lines, mostly at the line to connector, broke one but Ricky took care of that.

3) Fuel Solenoids quit, during a run (not cool). Ricky replaced with line.

4) Jets need some work, 180 on NXL was a .1/2mph slower on ave. than Wet at 150.

5) Hesitation, supposedly from the not having an accumulator, not sure cuz I never tried it opting to sell the kit instead.

No problems with the crossover, I had mine in the back. No problems with the brackets other than they were a total PITA to mount.

Yeah, what she said
Old 07-28-2004, 02:07 AM
Teching In

NAME: Barry Holloway
Purchased: Oct. '03 @ Nitro Daves
Delivered: Feb. '04
Vehicle: '98 Corvette

QC problem - Rail rear block-off plugs misthreaded for allen head plugs. (only 1 or 2 usable threads)

Fitment problems - Drivers side Rail rear plug hits firewall (metal bracket cut off) (used flat non-tapped block-off plug milled at 30 degree angle)

Operating problems - Rail hold down screws (upper) worked loose & rail popped up spraying fuel all over hot engine (made NON slotted brackets)

CONCERNS: Dealer follow-up regarding Jetting issues & Solenoid durability !!

DAVE, Thanks for your follow-up on this kit.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

George Varga
2003 zo6
1-very lean a/f on dyno with 120 shot
2-injectors are a pain to install in the rail
3-rich condition due to fuel sol seeping na
Old 07-28-2004, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

Fuel rail came off on free way, fuel every where, no idea why the car didn't start on fire the gas was sizzling on the headers

damaged o'rings on the injectors, I had to put the rails in the mill and chamferd the holes with a counter sink bit. now they slide right in, now why didn't NX think of that.

Broke 6 nitrous lines and spent 24.00 to 32.00 ea on the lines, just put on stainless braided lines looks nice{ any one whant to buy my old 16 nitrous lines?}

Jets are way off about 60hp to low a the 180 kit

But it looks damn nice every one likes how clean it looks, hell I will keep it on for looks even if I can't get it to work.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:09 AM
On The Tree

CALL MIKE OR KYLE AT 713-849-4120 FOR WHOLESALE REPLACEMENT PARTS AND GREAT TECH! WWW.COLDFUSIONNITROUS.COM
Old 07-29-2004, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

I havent dynoed mine yet but it feels like the power is there on the 80 pills but I wouldn't doubt it if my air/fuel was off.

The kit fits perfect but the parts are low grade metals. Hell I broke off some of the ends on stuff by just softly hand tqing it.

Sometimes when I am spraying there is ALOT of lag. Depends on the rpm and speed.

I think for the money this kit should be perfect and it isn't.
Old 07-29-2004, 03:54 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by wholesalenitrousmike
CALL MIKE OR KYLE AT 713-849-4120 FOR WHOLESALE REPLACEMENT PARTS AND GREAT TECH! WWW.COLDFUSIONNITROUS.COM
Mike, Sorry to bust your bubble.But your standard parts will not work on this kit.
Dave
Old 07-29-2004, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

We sell replacement parts for NX kits all the time. They have worked great in the past! and actually our install dept just fixed another NX kit so maybe you should give me a call and I can help you out with a wholesale account.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:15 PM
FormerVendor

Mike,If I did decide to settle for a old school medium okra kit.I would have to pass just because of the way you are trying to hustle buisness on this board.I have been a member of this board for a long time.Not just here to sell parts.I have taken care of alot of people on here in a time of need.And never have I ever tried to make my self look bigger by belittling some one else.Keep telling your self you have the same quality parts and that you are just as good but dont feed it to me!!! This post was intended to help people that are in a bind not hustle them for money or put in a plug for parts.
Good Day
Dave
Old 07-29-2004, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Performance
Mike,If I did decide to settle for a old school medium okra kit.I would have to pass just because of the way you are trying to hustle buisness on this board.I have been a member of this board for a long time.Not just here to sell parts.I have taken care of alot of people on here in a time of need.And never have I ever tried to make my self look bigger by belittling some one else.Keep telling your self you have the same quality parts and that you are just as good but dont feed it to me!!! This post was intended to help people that are in a bind not hustle them for money or put in a plug for parts.
Good Day
Dave
You tell 'em dave.

We are all lucky to have you here to help us out. Especially those of us with this particular kit who bought it from you. Please keep us up to date on the NXL jetting issues and solenoid problems. In all honesty, if this kit had solid jetting that delivered the goods up to 300HP and durable/solid solenoids that didn't malfunction I would totally be able to look past the quality, fit and finish of the hardware.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Way to go Dave.

Mike, I have never met you, nor have I ever seen any of your cold fusion parts, I can comment on your posts. They all are harsh, non-personal and forcefull towards sales. I haven't seen any usefull tech supprt from you, only sales and part comparisons, claiming your equivilent part quality or trying to belittle your competition.
I know you are a sponsor and you don't have to type anything if you don't want to, but it is getting really annoying. Reading your posts is comparable to sitting through commercials during a good TV show.

This post should not be in the NXL only thread, but it seems to fit.

Quick Reply: Nxl Problems Only,in Here