Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tnt power ring nozzle dumping extra fuel

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 10:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tnt power ring nozzle dumping extra fuel

i have a problem my power ring is dumbping extra fuel on one nozzle while the other one shootes it correctly.it is dumbping extra fuel after using it why.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

How much extra fuel are we talking, after you let of the button how much longer does fuel come out? Because when you let off the button there is still fuel in the line going to the nozzles, and the one that is dripping may be the easier run for the fuel to get to. and since there is no pressure pushing the fuel anymore it can just dribble out.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BTL FED
How much extra fuel are we talking, after you let of the button how much longer does fuel come out? Because when you let off the button there is still fuel in the line going to the nozzles, and the one that is dripping may be the easier run for the fuel to get to. and since there is no pressure pushing the fuel anymore it can just dribble out.
there is just a some coming out not a bunch but dripping from the nozzle a little but i am afraid to run the kit like that because i don't want to flood the manifold and backfire what do you think.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:54 PM
10 Second Club

That's pretty normal. If your really worried about a backfire just shut off the master arm before you let off the throttle or just try and roll off the throttle. My wideband does show my car going pretty rich after I let off with the TNT and I get some nasty pops from unburnt fuel in the exhaust. Alot of times on decel I'll give the throttle acouple of quick snaps and it seems to clean things out, no poping action.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:36 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
That's pretty normal. If your really worried about a backfire just shut off the master arm before you let off the throttle or just try and roll off the throttle. My wideband does show my car going pretty rich after I let off with the TNT and I get some nasty pops from unburnt fuel in the exhaust. Alot of times on decel I'll give the throttle acouple of quick snaps and it seems to clean things out, no poping action.
maybe your right i gave tnt a call and they said it just might be the left over fuel in line because it closer to the solenoid.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think it would be fine, thats why you hear lots of people complain there cars are hard to start after a nitrous run with a wet kit, at the end of the run some fuel still trickels out and kinda fouls out the plugs. After a nitrous run I always clear out the motor with a couple of good revs as I am slowing down to go ahead and burn off that extra fuel.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:57 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BTL FED
I think it would be fine, thats why you hear lots of people complain there cars are hard to start after a nitrous run with a wet kit, at the end of the run some fuel still trickels out and kinda fouls out the plugs. After a nitrous run I always clear out the motor with a couple of good revs as I am slowing down to go ahead and burn off that extra fuel.
thanks for the info i will take your advice btl fed
Old 04-09-2005, 07:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good Luck, and have fun tearing up the tracks