Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

finally got my nitrous working...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 07:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default finally got my nitrous working...

after i bypassed the stupid ramchargers timing tuner do they like not test these units or something?? im gonna have to go up to ramchargers to get a new unit or something but whos to say the new one will work or that they will even exchange it.

anyway, without any timing change, no window switch, fpss disabled and hitting the nitrous still does a minor popping out of the exhaust but hauls butt. its not as much of a kick in the butt as i expected, but im only on the 75 shot. anyone know what the popping/minor backfiring could be? i dont know if its detonation or what, im bad at knowing which sounds are what, just sounds like popping out of the exhaust a couple times through the wot run. also, without a window switch for now, is it alright for me to shift through the gears? i was just testing it in one gear. oh and uhh its definately hitting pretty darn good, my clutch pedal got soft afterwards. also, right after i pulled the bottle from inside my house and hooked it up, my bottle pressure was 1200psi. i cant read my guage when the bottle is in place as it is broken and leaked out most of its fluid which makes it only possible to read when the guage is upright.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

I went along for the ride, it kind of felt like it would miss or like the nitro would just cut out for a split second. We tested the noids and they sprayed perfect.
-Steve
Old 07-27-2005, 10:07 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

to mch fuel I would guess....try this...
during the nitrous run, keep the throttle floored, and then switch the nitrous system off while still at full throttle, and THEN let off the gas pedal. I bet that will solve your popping sound (at least at the end of the run).

If it is popping during the run, maybe a little too much bottle pressure??? Are you using the TR6 plugs gapped at .038?

SDB
Old 07-27-2005, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SDB
If it is popping during the run, maybe a little too much bottle pressure??? Are you using the TR6 plugs gapped at .038?

SDB
its doing it during the run, have tr6's gapped at .038. so high bottle pressure will do this? i can kinda see that as when i took it out of my air conditioned house and brought it outside and hooked it up immedately, it read 1200psi, so as it was muggy outside i bet the pressure probably went way up. i need to get a new pressure guage, but im waiting to get money to get an in car electric dynotune one. i think one of the reasons for the bottle pressure being high is cuz the bottle was overfilled, so hopefully it will be better when i use it up more, hehe.

im on a stock fuel pump, pushing 350rwhp on a mustang dyno, would the stock pump cause this?
Old 07-27-2005, 02:00 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

probably a lean pop from too high of bottle pressure...pull some plugs and carefully inspect them. I bet they are very white. Fuel pump should be OK....always a good idea to get Walboro 340 pump though, especially on the bottle.

SDB
Old 07-28-2005, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

welp, last night it did the same thing as when i had the timing tuner on. im leaning towards something with the bottle pressure, or maybe my nos filter is clogged or something with the wiring. this sucks, almost makes me want to just sell all this crap...
Old 07-28-2005, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok im really leaning toward a bad solenoid or not enough bottle pressure. it ran a lot better today. i took a pic of my plugs, they have like 500miles on them.

Old 07-29-2005, 07:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

anyone have any advice for us at all??
Old 08-02-2005, 11:55 AM
FormerVendor

Give me a call at 586 790 4406 about the Timing Tuner. All units are bench tested before they ship to Ramchargers or anyone else. I will be happy to help you fix your problem or test the unit if need be.
Mike Licht
Old 08-02-2005, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Full Throttle
Give me a call at 586 790 4406 about the Timing Tuner. All units are bench tested before they ship to Ramchargers or anyone else. I will be happy to help you fix your problem or test the unit if need be.
Mike Licht
awesome thanks man ill call you if i cant figure anything out. also, i just f'd up and when i had the wire leading to the camshaft sensor disconnected, it gave it more slack and the wire burnt against the headers this was after i had it disabled of course, it was fine before. so now once i figure out whats causing this popping and then go to use my timing tuner, im gonna need a new cable