Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

offered here first. 90 mm ring (never used)

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 03:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default offered here first. 90 mm ring (never used)

I bought a 90mm ring from Nitrous Outlet when they first started producing them before they had to stop. It is still in the box and has never been used.
My plans have changed and I am looking to get my money back out of it.

$150 and I will pay shipping.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:24 AM
Staging Lane

Default ring

Any offers?
Old 08-26-2005, 09:02 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know someone wants this.I still get asked for them from time to time.They are the only ones on the market that was built right and fit the fast 90mm throttle bodies.

TTT for you payton.
Dave
Old 08-26-2005, 12:28 PM
Staging Lane

Default thanks

Thanks Dave,

It does not look like it is going to move anytime soon. If someone calls you just send them my way.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Out of curiosity, why did they have to stop producing them?
Old 08-26-2005, 02:11 PM
Staging Lane

Default tnt

TNT said it was a copy of their ring.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Payton
I bought a 90mm ring from Nitrous Outlet when they first started producing them before they had to stop. It is still in the box and has never been used.
My plans have changed and I am looking to get my money back out of it.

$150 and I will pay shipping.

What does it look like?

Jeff
Old 08-26-2005, 04:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Payton
TNT said it was a copy of their ring.
Ya we kinda have a patent on it..
Old 08-26-2005, 04:59 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When we desighned this part because no one was making it and pushed it on the market we were notified by TNT that it was infinging on there patent.Even though It was hard to believe that something could be patented that they dont make we asked them what they wanted us to do in order to maintain good standings with them.We were told from David that we could offer them until they desighned one and brought it to market.We agreed that we would not sell any in a kit and only as a upgrade.Time went buy and David called us and told us they had theres desighned and to stop selling ours so we agreed to even though we had a hard time believing it was infringing on there patent.However shortly after we received a letter from there attorny showing it was patented.If I remember correctly the patent said anything metal or plastic that has provisions for a nozzle to go in and goes between the mass air meter and throttle body is infringing.The patent is very vauge. However we had a verbal agreement and we held our end and stoped makeing them.
Dave

However our intentions were never to make any
Old 08-26-2005, 06:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by David@TNT
Ya we kinda have a patent on it..

You know, I cannot for the life of me remember the last time I saw a TNT kit on an F-body? Wait a minute, it was back in Dec. 2003 and he was getting his handed to him by guys with NX kits and dry NOS kits

Go monitor someone elses post
Old 08-29-2005, 10:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
When we desighned this part because no one was making it and pushed it on the market we were notified by TNT that it was infinging on there patent.Even though It was hard to believe that something could be patented that they dont make we asked them what they wanted us to do in order to maintain good standings with them.We were told from David that we could offer them until they desighned one and brought it to market.We agreed that we would not sell any in a kit and only as a upgrade.Time went buy and David called us and told us they had theres desighned and to stop selling ours so we agreed to even though we had a hard time believing it was infringing on there patent.However shortly after we received a letter from there attorny showing it was patented.If I remember correctly the patent said anything metal or plastic that has provisions for a nozzle to go in and goes between the mass air meter and throttle body is infringing.The patent is very vauge. However we had a verbal agreement and we held our end and stoped makeing them.
Dave

Dave, I dont believe it is very "professional" to discuss this on the internet.. Thanks David@TNT
Old 08-29-2005, 11:04 AM
TECH Regular

This is why I bought NX.

Best of luck selling the ring, I meint be going 90/90 here soon. If I do no money is going to TNT, I hope you will still have it.

Nick
Old 08-29-2005, 11:08 AM
TECH Addict

I don't think he was discussing it he was just explaining why he quit selling them and you just hijacked this guys thread.

Dave, I dont believe it is very "professional" to discuss this on the internet.. Thanks David@TNT
Old 08-30-2005, 07:51 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys are too funny LOL! I believe that a lot of stuff gets cut off from the public because of patents on stupid **** like this. And I believe that he did handle this in a "professional" maner. He didn't say anything bad about TNT you have to interprit that yourself. You have a legitimate BS claim with a Chicken **** patent so he doesn't sell them anymore end of story. Payton is trying to sell his ring in this post not TNT. Good luck with the sell Payton!
Old 08-30-2005, 08:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Dave

Heres a bump for you, and sorry to hijack the thread but.......

I'm going to have to call on the patent. I've blown patents like this out of the water before, I would like to see the patet # on this. Very easy to challenge, as seems to be an attempt to “corner the market”, more info is needed though. Even so, if there is a design patented, you only need to change it by a certain percent to be legal.

Doug
Old 08-30-2005, 08:42 AM
11 Second Club

If it's truthful, what's not "professional" about it? You may not like it and may like the consequences even less, but professionalism has nothing to do with the issue.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

paypal sent! Thanks!!
Old 08-30-2005, 03:40 PM
TECH Addict

If anyone is looking for 1 of these I have 1 that I would sell. It's used in great shape nothing wrong with it just won't fit on a carb style intake. Same deal $150.00 and I'll pick up the shipping.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:00 PM
On The Tree

its just a tube with a nozzle mounted in it right? for 150? sorry ill make my own. i just got turned on to the juice, dave at nitrous outlet is the man!

how can you patent a tube with a hole in it?better get after home depot. they have all kinds of tubes with holes in them.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:16 PM
TECH Addict

No it's not a piece of tube with a hole in it. It's a piece of billet aluminum that fits snugly over the mouth of the T/B with 2 holes tapped in it 180 degrees apart for the NX nozzles, perfect fit and a nice piece. You won't find that at Home Depot.

Originally Posted by yodawagon
its just a tube with a nozzle mounted in it right? for 150? sorry ill make my own. i just got turned on to the juice, dave at nitrous outlet is the man!

how can you patent a tube with a hole in it?better get after home depot. they have all kinds of tubes with holes in them.