Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

200 shot for a Civic?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 05:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 200 shot for a Civic?

Apperantly there's not a lot of Honda guys running dedicated nitrous setups and in turn no nitrous electronics so I'm here to ask for some input from people that actually use it. I'm running a built 11.2:1 compression 1.8L shortblock with Golden Eagle sleeves, Eagle rods, ARP rod bolts, J.E. pistons, and AEBS head studs.

Anyhow I've got a NOS single fogger that'll go in after I break it in, and I'll be running a 125 shot untill I figure out how I'm going to put any more power to the ground then I'll convert to direct port. I've been looking around for something that's PC programmable with integrated, WOT and window switches and RPM/time based ramp ups. It'd be nice if it could pull a few degress of timing as well. I'm trying to avoid running several boxes if you get my drift. So far FJO/NX's dual winow switch with the progressive module looks promising. I'd have to find another solution for timing though but everything pretty much is going to require me to get an ignition box anyway... So what are you guys using and which works better, RPM or time based ramp ups?
Old 08-26-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

A 200 shot is pretty damn damn big for a 1.8L motor. My friend ran a 75 shot and picked up a full second. He had a vtec prelude motor in his civic. I don't know about a combination circuit for all those things. We used a msd window switch that worked fine. I think you will definitely need a progressive controler to get it out of hole with some traction. Maybe even use a first gear lock out and start spraying in second.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:50 PM
Staging Lane

Please get it on video when you blow your motor, I WANNA SEE IT!
Old 08-26-2005, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MasterMind
Please get it on video when you blow your motor, I WANNA SEE IT!
Blow me, that block is good for 700+ WHP.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by strokedls1
A 200 shot is pretty damn damn big for a 1.8L motor. My friend ran a 75 shot and picked up a full second. He had a vtec prelude motor in his civic. I don't know about a combination circuit for all those things. We used a msd window switch that worked fine. I think you will definitely need a progressive controler to get it out of hole with some traction. Maybe even use a first gear lock out and start spraying in second.
I know, it's a pretty big shot, but it's been done before so it's not exactly uncharted territory. I want the progressive controller not only for traction but to soften a 175WTQ spike on the rotating assembly.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:24 PM
TECH Addict

i don't believe there's anything that controlls timing and has a progressive controller. what are you tunning the motor with?
Old 08-26-2005, 10:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by red90cobra
i don't believe there's anything that controls timing and has a progressive controller. what are you tunning the motor with?
I built the motor to run on a stock computer when off the gas. The Maximizer seems to do it but I'll need an ignition box. I guess there's just no way around it then.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:59 PM
Restricted User

I would NX Maximizer II, and or maybe a pro controller from Schnitz?? I beleive your buildup could handle it, theres some running similar here, if I can talk with them will let you know.

Charlie
Old 08-27-2005, 12:58 AM
TECH Addict

what kind of power does it make on motor I'm just curious
Old 08-27-2005, 04:18 AM
12 Second Club

Contact PsycoSystems on Houston-Imports.com, he has/had a built civic running quite a large shot (north or 200.)
Old 08-27-2005, 09:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by red90cobra
what kind of power does it make on motor I'm just curious
I haven't gotton it on the rollers but it should be around 150ish should be good for a high 14.

Originally Posted by baldurann
Contact PsycoSystems on Houston-Imports.com, he has/had a built civic running quite a large shot (north or 200.)
Thanks.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:05 PM
Launching!

Do a 75shot wet through your single nozzle (your 125 shot on a single nozzle is fuel puddle suicide for the record) through first gear, then hose it down with a 125-175 shot (whatever you feel safe with) through a direct port system in 2nd-4th with the first stage as well. Use 24.5 tall slicks and you will be golden. If your hardcore like me, youll have a 50 shot dry on there as well just incase. My car goes 13.2 on motor only... But its a 2.1L with low CR and the car weighs 1900lbs. Yes a honda civic.

SShhhhhh.... She's sleepin right now.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

24.5 would be to small of a tire. I would go with m & h 25" sliks with traction bars in front so you wont pull the front suspension forward. for tunning you need to get a hondata (spelling) get the latest one, its got two step, has many fetures for nitrous setups. do a search in google see who tuns with hondata.

for shot that big you cant tap into your fuel system, you will take away fule from injectors. timming would be around 22*. if you were local i would taken you a shop. (first 9 second honda on motor the girls car). on firiends car with h22 w/75 shot ran best of 11.7@117 on 1.61 60'.

good luck
Old 08-27-2005, 04:34 PM
Banned

mah boy uses a slick *** dun 200 shot in hiz civic and it runs so tite yo. Man this thang smokes me on da street it must run like 7's or sumtin. so tite playa. he has the bottle installed on hiz passenga seat and just rans a line ups to the intake and all he does is open the bottle by hand wen he wants to sprays it. Bro this setup is mad tite dun guy. he can open it a lil bit for a smaller shot and all the way for a monsta shot, holla!
Old 08-27-2005, 04:43 PM
TECH Addict

there is a civic around here that is running a 300 shot without a progressive controller but as you can imagine, wheel spin is severe.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Why do you think fuel puddling is an issue with a single fogger 125 wet shot?
There are several B series and H22 motors spraying over 100 shot through a single fogger up here with no problems.

Not to mention I question the whole "fuel puddling" exscuse that a lot of people are quick to use. But that is a different thread.

BTW, RZ, I think your goal of 200 shot is totally realistic. I have been impressed by how much power you can get out of those blocks and they still hold together.
Keep us posted on your progress.

Originally Posted by v8-7
Do a 75shot wet through your single nozzle (your 125 shot on a single nozzle is fuel puddle suicide for the record) through first gear, then hose it down with a 125-175 shot (whatever you feel safe with) through a direct port system in 2nd-4th with the first stage as well. Use 24.5 tall slicks and you will be golden. If your hardcore like me, youll have a 50 shot dry on there as well just incase. My car goes 13.2 on motor only... But its a 2.1L with low CR and the car weighs 1900lbs. Yes a honda civic.

SShhhhhh.... She's sleepin right now.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:10 PM
Banned

what about the ramchargers unit? isn't it progressive and timing tuner in one? Maybe that is an option.

Nate
Old 08-29-2005, 07:18 PM
Launching!

Its just my personal prefference not to run more than 100shot wet through a single nozzle wet kit. The bigger the shot, the more fuel you are running through it. The more fuel running through it,,, the greater a chance for puddling to occur quicker than it would with a smaller shot. Plus, thats just my first stage, and anyone will tell you that 100 shot without a controller is fun enough to try and hook in 1st gear.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:02 PM
Teching In

Do it you ******* *****!
Old 08-29-2005, 10:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by v8-7
Its just my personal prefference not to run more than 100shot wet through a single nozzle wet kit. The bigger the shot, the more fuel you are running through it. The more fuel running through it,,, the greater a chance for puddling to occur quicker than it would with a smaller shot. Plus, thats just my first stage, and anyone will tell you that 100 shot without a controller is fun enough to try and hook in 1st gear.
Actually trust me this fuel puddlimg thing is a crock of crap....I have customers running 350 on single nozzles.But lets not turn this into one of those type of post...
Dave

Quick Reply: 200 shot for a Civic?