Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those of you with bottles mounted on hump...

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 03:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those of you with bottles mounted on hump...

for those of you that mount the bottle on your fump betwen the rear seats. Was it a pain in the *** to mount your dump tube? are you allowed to have the bottle there if you run at the track and run the line under the car and have a blow down tube? any one have pics of a set up like this?
Old 10-22-2005, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've never had any problems about it at Desoto, but they're pretty lax on the rules at test and tune sessions.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:03 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NightHawk
I've never had any problems about it at Desoto, but they're pretty lax on the rules at test and tune sessions.
did u run the feed line under the car and a blow down tube? can i see a pic or 2?
Old 10-22-2005, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yup, I ran the feed line under the carpet to the driver's side rear seat footwell area and drilled a hole through the floorboard, then ran it up the the engine compartment under the car. I'll take some pics and post them up. As for the blowdown tube, well, I guess I have a death wish 'cause I haven't gotten around to running one My bottle came with a burst fitting threaded onto the side of the valve and I haven't converted it yet...I'm just very careful about watching the pressure gauge when I have the bottle heater on (even though it's the dynotune model operated by a pressure switch).
Old 10-22-2005, 04:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NightHawk
Yup, I ran the feed line under the carpet to the driver's side rear seat footwell area and drilled a hole through the floorboard, then ran it up the the engine compartment under the car. I'll take some pics and post them up. As for the blowdown tube, well, I guess I have a death wish 'cause I haven't gotten around to running one My bottle came with a burst fitting threaded onto the side of the valve and I haven't converted it yet...I'm just very careful about watching the pressure gauge when I have the bottle heater on (even though it's the dynotune model operated by a pressure switch).
they let you run with out a blow down tube? moroso wont let me run with out one but i feel weird drilling a hole right there.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Eh, you have to drill holes in the tunnel to mount the bottle down anyway...or at least I did. Just be really careful about where you drill. If it really bothers you, run a braided line instead of a hard line and take it over to the floorpan to get out.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:06 PM
10 Second Club

Make yourself up a braided blow down tube and pop a hole in the floor (or use one of the existing gromets). It's alot easier than dealing with a hard tube. You also don't have to run your main feedline outside the car to pass tech, just have to vent the bottle outside.

Old 10-23-2005, 07:43 AM
Launching!

Thumbs up

I used the rear floor board pre existing gromets also. If you run the feed line out the driver side you can can run the line along the brake lines. I just used some stainless zip ties. For the blow down i used a small metal plate about 3"x4", and drilled a hole big enough for the tube to go through. Stuck the line through the passenger side grommet, and then went underneath and slid on the plate on the line and secured it with a band clamp. Was pretty much the easiest part of the install.

Old 11-18-2005, 11:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FloridaZ, that custom covered black platform in the backseat looks awesome. Where did you purchase that from ? Did you have it custom made, let me know that is exactly what I have been looking for in my WS6.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:53 AM
Launching!

got your pm...you got mail