Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im having a bad night

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 02:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Im having a bad night

I've been out all night racing and so on.. I was rolling at 50 droped the hammer and sprayed n20 (dry, 100 shot) till the end of second gear. I have a rpm switch so it comes on at 3k and stops at 5.8k and i must be at wot. Well i pulled by this car like a bat outta hell then i hear a belt slipping noise really loud and think the other guys car is mest up so i look in my mirror and i see alot of white smoke, it was my car..

So I pull into some big parking lot and pop the hood... all i see is oil on everything (not a hole lot but splatters everywere)... Then i see that the hose that goes to the water pump (big one right by the tb) is almost off the water pump .. It looks like it moved a good 2 inches outta its grove and oil was all over the hose..

I used some plyers to fix to the hose and put it back were it goes.. and check the oil (see if im low) and it was good. then poped the anti-frezze overflow to see if oil was in it (praying i did not blow a gasket) and it was all anti-frezze...

Now I checked and the car is not leaking anything. But it seems like my exhuast is smoking more then it used to, but it was 40 outside so i dunno. I was about 20 miles from home and the oil pressure was good so i drove home. Now the car is sitting and i dont know if something is broke or not..

Then when I walk in the door my mom tells me my dad is in the hospital cause he fainted while out at the bar with my mom and friends.. and also my buddy that was with me when the car was messing up got robbed at gunpoint in mt. clemens today.. Today is not a good day.

So does anyone know why the car would of make that hose almost fall off?? and why it would leak oil from it?? I need some advise.. I dont know if its spray related but if you know something let me know..

sorry if grammer/spelling sucks im not in a good mood and its 3:35am
Old 10-23-2005, 03:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry about the bad misfortune.

I know this might be a stupid question but did you accidently have you a/c running at all?

Maybe a valve cover breather might help internal pressure when you are running nitrous?
Old 10-23-2005, 04:08 AM
On The Tree

the ac was off but the heat was on
Old 12-18-2005, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

sounds like the head separated from the block under a load and cylinder pressure entered the coolant system causing the hose to blow off. This will normally cure itself when the car cools off just remember that it is getting time for some good gaskets
Old 12-18-2005, 08:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Did it blow the dipstick out?
Old 12-18-2005, 10:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I hope your dad is better...glad no one got hurt during the hold up. I hope you located the source of your problem. I had a little smoke and a little metal in my motor...i'll post a picture of where I am tonight and frankly...it's fine. Life throws those curves...sometimes all at once. Ask what you can do to help your folks get through whatever. Buy your pal a cup of coffee and talk about how f'd up it is to be robbed...make sure he's okay. The nitrous forum is full of folks who have been through a lot.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your dad, hope he's alright? I got robbed by a one armed guy packing a pearl handled revolver, later I learned the reason he was missing the arm was the cops shot it off with a shot gun awhile before. As for your car, it does sound like maybe a gasket let go, keep an eye on it. If the pressure went into the water jacket, the water can get back into the cly. If this happens when you try to start you'll have full hydro lock, or enough to cause damage. be carefull, maybe pull plugs and turn over?
Robert
Old 12-19-2005, 04:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

I had this happen on my Supra (I am a recovered now) one time when the my friend "helped" me adjust my boost controller, it blew the head gasket so bad it blew all my water hoses off and split my radiator, sounds like you have the same thing starting. Maybe you can retorque the heads and keep it together a little longer, but I see head gaskets in you future
Old 12-19-2005, 08:31 AM
On The Tree

I used to blow the upper hose all the time. The vette has a terrible cooling system when it comes to moving air out of the system to the resevoir. My guess would be that you are lifting the head on the bottle and pumping air into the system. My suggestion is to add an inline filler and pressure cap in the upper hose and fill the system from there. Make sure that you burp the system very very well with teh front elevated.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:11 PM
TECH Resident

Hey man how's your Dad doing?