Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what to use to check af ratio

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what to use to check af ratio

i wanna spray my newly installed dry kit but don't want to spend big $ to dyno tune and mess with af until i can do a cam swap( hopefully not to far in the future) i was wondering if there is a program or such like wideband that i can use to check my af like at a shop or some handheld. i just can't see spending big $ on a dyno tune just to have to do again in the somewhat near future...is this a lost cause or stupid question...thanks
Old 11-06-2005, 09:16 PM
9 Second Club

I use the LM1 wideband. It is cool as hell, it has been borrowed by a lot of old school hot rodders in my local club to check their A/F ratios on their carb setups. Here is a link: http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm1.php
Old 11-07-2005, 01:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lm1 here also.
Robert
Old 11-07-2005, 07:49 AM
FormerVendor

LM-1 Too

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...cat=327&page=1

Matt
Old 11-07-2005, 07:54 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

www.dynotunenitrous.com
use the lc-1 with the dynotune display, its $279 for the whole kit!
cheers, Dan
Old 11-07-2005, 09:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

LM-1. Installing exhaust bung this week....

He said bung.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:32 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DynotuneN2O
www.dynotunenitrous.com
use the lc-1 with the dynotune display, its $279 for the whole kit!
cheers, Dan

This is what I am using, excellent set up.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:41 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by purple98haz28
i wanna spray my newly installed dry kit but don't want to spend big $ to dyno tune and mess with af until i can do a cam swap( hopefully not to far in the future) i was wondering if there is a program or such like wideband that i can use to check my af like at a shop or some handheld. i just can't see spending big $ on a dyno tune just to have to do again in the somewhat near future...is this a lost cause or stupid question...thanks
Go with the FJO product you will not be disappointed.. It not the least expensive out there but niether is you car I bet.
Heres the link you can do downloads and play with the software.
FJO Wideband
Ricky
Old 11-07-2005, 11:59 AM
TECH Resident

excellent product, I have it on my Lightning and it works very good. When I get my T/A wich I plan to spray a little, I'm going to use it for sure.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what do all u others out there use
Old 11-07-2005, 09:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by purple98haz28
what do all u others out there use
FJO
Old 11-09-2005, 03:06 PM
Launching!

fyi i have an fjo on my chevelle; and i recently bought an LM-1 for my camaro becuase of it's rave reviews. i can honestly say that the 'other one' makes the lm1 look like a POS. all you have to do is bump the lm1 box and all of the wires come out the bottom, plus it's a bit more difficult to hardwire given it has a 9 volt battery that has to stay charged and you have to turn the box on and off each time you use it! i gave it away and will buy another fjo. all of the connections on the fjo are weatherpak and snap together. it's a top-notch box with NO room for improvement.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by stevewix
fyi i have an fjo on my chevelle; and i recently bought an LM-1 for my camaro becuase of it's rave reviews. i can honestly say that the 'other one' makes the lm1 look like a POS. all you have to do is bump the lm1 box and all of the wires come out the bottom, plus it's a bit more difficult to hardwire given it has a 9 volt battery that has to stay charged and you have to turn the box on and off each time you use it! i gave it away and will buy another fjo. all of the connections on the fjo are weatherpak and snap together. it's a top-notch box with NO room for improvement.
I would assume considering the price difference that the FJO is better. The LM1 is fine, I have mine set up to be auto maticaly on anytime car is on and no battery is needed. also set-up to automatically log onto laptop. For those reading along, one guy saying it's a pos means nothing (first time I ever heard anyone say this). Does FJO have a dedicated forum, well the LM1 does, considering the many, many capabilities it posses.
Innovate LM1 Forum
Robert
Old 11-10-2005, 05:23 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Steve, I think you had an application error. The LM-1 is not made to be a perment installation. You should have gotten the LC-1 with remote display. Ive used the LC-1 for a year now in my daily driver, cannot say enough good things about it. Weatherpack connectors and all...... I do think the Lm-1 is way to big and bulky....for a perment installation...
Old 11-10-2005, 07:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

I've got an LC1, tucked away in the engine bay of the car. I run one of the analog outs to EFILive

Then I have a TechEdge WBO2 I built a few years back with the little display just flopping around in my useless cup holder.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by DynotuneN2O
Steve, I think you had an application error. The LM-1 is not made to be a perment installation. You should have gotten the LC-1 with remote display. Ive used the LC-1 for a year now in my daily driver, cannot say enough good things about it. Weatherpack connectors and all...... I do think the Lm-1 is way to big and bulky....for a perment installation...
The LM1 is made to be a self powered hand held (the battery) or a permanent install (no battery). There is an adapter to wire into switched 12v power, so when turning key on it powers up. It also has a remote gauge function if ya want to put it in glove box and add a gauge to your pod. If your using a laptop no need to have it out anyway (direct logging software). You can log 7 (I believe) extra parameters and soooo much more, and graph these as overlays if ya want. You can log WB in place of your NB in HP Tuner. If you just want a gauge to look at the lc1 is the way to go. But if you want mucho tuning capabilities the lm1 or FJO is the way to go.
Robert