Sponsored by:

Just an Observation

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 01:50 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Just an Observation

There seems to be a strange phenomenon that happens in this forum,
We all Love having the sponsors in here they have given more insight and advice to all of us then we can account for, but every so often...
They seem to get on a kick where there answers are shorter, and there recomendations for a their product gets longer. Rather than read someones actual question about say, the wiring for a window switch, they see the words window switch and see it as a sales opportunity.
then after awhile it gets back to normal.
Like the Title says just an observation I have made.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:41 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmmm,
Well not sure about other sponsors but I will speek for myself. I always try to be helpful and offer any tech advice to help weather its one of our customers or not.I try to make it as easy and safe as possible for the the person needing the help. If I feel that there may be a better product for what they are doing or that they may be looking for a certain product I make a suggestion. I hope my post come off more as a helpful post than a push for sales.
Thanks
Dave
Old 11-09-2005, 03:19 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do see this in this section a lot. Instead of answering a wiring or problem type question they recommend a part that they already have and just need a little help.

Dave, I don't recall you doing this. You seem to be very helpful to most all regardless of the product they are running.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

point out a specific thread example please...what I do see in this forum is a very competetive attitude.

What I suggest that has worked well for me (as an end user) to is look for the differences in sponsors and vendors...ie. who takes the time to answer the questions you observe go unanswered and you'll find a good product and product rep. I agree, I think Dave is a good for this thread.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:26 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/406233-digital-window-switch.html
Old 11-09-2005, 04:03 PM
10 Second Club

That is an example...
Old 11-09-2005, 06:59 PM
TECH Veteran

nothing wrong with trying to sell your product. The sponsors are what makes this site possible. As far as answers..Im sure like anything ...they vary from day to day in the available time each sponsor may or may not have to answer questions.
I havent had much time at all lately to help out here. It may be that way for a few more months too.
But I think all of the sponsors and moderators and even members go through phases when it comes to posting here. I know I have.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by fst_phx
We all Love having the sponsors in here they have given more insight and advice to all of us then we can account for, but every so often...
They seem to get on a kick where there answers are shorter, and there recomendations for a their product gets longer. Rather than read someones actual question about say, the wiring for a window switch, they see the words window switch and see it as a sales opportunity.
Phenomenom, hehehehe, yes there is some competition in Nitrous section for sure, more so than other sections, imo (I have wondered if I was the only one that noticed). Yes, sometimes it is a sell fest rather than tech advice, which can lead to biased opinions, imo. However, with the support and service we get (not to mention innovative products), I can take it. It's the sponsers that keep this sight going and we are growing by leaps and bounds. The priemer tech site with the best sponser/customer service. Now with that said, there are a couple brands that are outside the sponsership which should also get on board, to get there due respect. American capitalism at it's best.
Robert
Old 11-09-2005, 08:26 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Believe me it comes up on several occasions.

I'm not saying that their is anything wrong with selling your product, but if you are going to take the time to post to the persons question you should at least answer the question somewhere in the post. Just my thoughts though.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:12 PM
10 Second Club

Be a man and say Dynotune..does it alot, but hey they have some great products and have just reason to pimp them. The one thing that I've noticed is less and less people using the search function. I don't know how many times I've seen a post started about mounting the bottle in the spare tire, by the way 860 has a sweet way of doing this now with the spare tire well bottle mounting plate And running a close second is how to wire the window switch, **** both NX and msd have the diagram on their website.

Again people please use the search button. Ricky, Dave and Dean have help me out alot I wouldn't be running the times or have the knowledge I have if it wasn't for them and some of the great questions and info that we all post!

Just my $.04 (sorry have to charge more gas is still to high on the east coast)
Old 11-09-2005, 10:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 30thz
Be a man and say Dynotune..does it alot, but hey they have some great products and have just reason to pimp them. The one thing that I've noticed is less and less people using the search function. I don't know how many times I've seen a post started about mounting the bottle in the spare tire, by the way 860 has a sweet way of doing this now with the spare tire well bottle mounting plate And running a close second is how to wire the window switch, **** both NX and msd have the diagram on their website.

Again people please use the search button. Ricky, Dave and Dean have help me out alot I wouldn't be running the times or have the knowledge I have if it wasn't for them and some of the great questions and info that we all post!

Just my $.04 (sorry have to charge more gas is still to high on the east coast)
Old 11-09-2005, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've definitely noticed that as well, in my limited time here. I'm not trying to swing on anyone's nuts here, but Dave always seems to recommend as good of advice as possible whenever he can. I've been very impressed with his behavior on here, and although my kit is currently pieced together from used parts I snagged here and there, any new parts I need (and my future direct port) will certainly be from him because of this.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:17 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I can speak for myself not dean, Im sorry if you felt offended by the post. I dont think the vendors here really do it on purpose or that it really ever happens that much?. The whole MSD pill schematic question, I guess i did not elaborate enough on your direct question. All I was trying to do is let you know that we had seen alot of the "pill style" MSD box's with intermittent relay contacts so be carful. That and also to let you know there are a whole breed of newer style affordable ones with great features.
When people ask "Whats a good nitrous kit for an LS1" we will most definatly put a quick post to let folks know we offer a great kit and where to find it. I (Dan) will try and limit my posts to more specific ones, dont blame dean for my mistakes, have you seen him? He's huge and will squash me like a bug if he gets mad at me.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

I want to make something clear, all vendors are guilty. Singling out Dyno Tune is very unfair. Even Nitro Dave is guilty. Now is this really a problem, I don't think so.
Robert
Old 11-10-2005, 02:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
I want to make something clear, all vendors are guilty. Singling out Dyno Tune is very unfair. Even Nitro Dave is guilty. Now is this really a problem, I don't think so.
Robert
EVEN DAVE?!
Say it aint so Dave!! Say it aint so.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:02 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All sponsors are on this board paying there monthly dues for one reason.Advertisment to push sales.With out sales they would not be able to stay open.If they are not open doing buisness they do not have time to help tech wise because they would be working for someone else.
Different people shine in different ways. I see nothing wrong with someone throwing a recommendation to sell there product up there.

This site is like home to me and I have became good freinds with many people on this board.That is why I spend so much more time on this board helping people than I do on any other board.

Our comapny is very known for the tech service we offer.This is part of our customer service.This is one of the things that sets us apart from our compitition.

Its not fare to single out Dan or Dean from Dyno tune.They Have always seemed like nice guys to me.I do see where they often post a link on there product rather than answer a tech question.But in many cases it may because the question has already been answered.They are just letting the indavidual know that they offer something for the application.They pay to be a sponsor on this site just like all the rest of us.And have the right to post a link showing there product.

Dave
Old 11-10-2005, 03:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by fst_phx
Hey man your right, in fact this was going on over @ http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=704922
Old 11-10-2005, 05:02 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry guys i didn't mean to open a can of worms. I dont think we get spamed with ads, its just when a question was asked and the first reply is, buy mine its better. It probably is better, but that wasn't the question.
I can appreciate that you as sponsors see the forums as a sales floor, but thats part of why I left local speed shops. when i needed a quick answer all i could get was a sales pitch.
I spend a lot of time in this forum, mostly lurking, as you can see by my post count compared to join date.
But i think that I have gotten a first class education in Nitrous Oxide thanks to the sponsors (thats you nitro dave) and i thanks for it.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:04 PM
TECH Junkie

This board is paid for by the sponsers. I have no problem if they pimp thier product to solve a problem or boast about its features. More power to 'em! Dare I say alot of good unbiased technical info can be found from our local nitrous experts found in this forum, like ROBERT! Even though he and I never agree on the wet vs dry...
Old 11-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Launching!

Hey these guys work hard at thier business and are here for a few different reasons but the one thing all of the sponsors want to do is sell parts and services. Different companies have different philosiphies on achieving this goal. Some offer fantastic customer service, some offer different solutions to different problems, and some do both. My own personal experience has been find someone you trust and do business with them and them only. If someone else chimes in on a post and doesnt provide the information you want so be it but I really cant fault any of these guys for trying to sell thier product. Anything else would be unamerican.

My own personal opinion is that Dave is best vendor on this board for nitrous and associated products and it is for that reason that any and all nitrous purchases I make will be thru him. I'm not saying that the other vendors arent good vendors I just feel that Dave is a cut above the rest. So, if I posted a question and another vendor put a link to a product I would simply continue to review the responses until I found what I was looking for. To me it wouldnt make a difference because if a part needed to be purchased I would already know where I was going to get it. I wouldnt feel violated because somebody else wants my business I would just ignore the post and move on.