Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OMG please help me figure out my nitrous problem!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 11:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default OMG please help me figure out my nitrous problem!

Ok...nothing at all has changed in my set from the last time it was on my car except:
Using a bottle i've never used before and sat for a while
Medical Grade N20 instead of automotive grade
Using brand new jets

The only reason i took the kit off was b/c it had to go into the dealership for work.

I've double triple and quadrouple check the wiring! I'm runnign Harlan window switch...the noids spray N20 and Fuel perfectly fine out the fogger nozzle and even when i just hit it out the lines going to the fogger nozzle. Everything works fine when sitting in the parking lot...I rev it up to 3 grand and tap the WOT switch and PSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH everywhere...but when i get on the road and try it NOTHING!! I get a hit everynow and then..I'm running a NOS super powershot noids that were just used last week on my buddies car also the jets are 47N 25F....

only thing i can think of is trash somewhere...but why would it hit every now and then and why does it work perfectly fine in the parking lot? I'm so pissed and supposed to be going to the track tomorrow.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:03 AM
TECH Resident

You tapped the W.O.T. switch in the parking lot? With your hand/finger? Maybe you need to readjust that switch... When I hooked up my Maximizer I experienced something like you: spray sometimes, not spray others. I logged it and realized when I thought I was flooring it, my TPS was only reading 85-91%. My controller was set not to spray till 95%... So, are you sure you're flooring it hard enough?

-somebody
Old 11-17-2005, 06:05 AM
TECH Addict

try opening your throttle wide open with car not running and bottle turned off but with your system armed and see if the throttle switch is working.may have to unhook the window switch though,or just leave it hooked up and see if under wot your switch is staying in contact.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:21 AM
11 Second Club

As the gentlemen above have stated I lean towards it being related to the window switch. That doesn't mean that it is but it would certainly be a good place to check. Here are a few suggestions -

- Make notes of all suggestions and check them one by one.

- Recheck your wiring and make sure to check the voltage to the switch to make sure it is getting the correct current.

- Check the tap for the RPM signal and make sure it is secure and not floundering. Did you reuse the same tap as when you first installed the kit? If so there are some types that do not like to be reused.

- Check the TPS voltage at WOT.

If you are getting N20 in park but while driving it is intermitten then I too would say that it is most likely electrical. Just to be sure you could always check your N20 filter (if you have one.). Pull the nozzle and jets and check them. Disconnect the line; etc. I do not believe that these items are going to be the problem but it would rule them out early. Also, try another bottle just for giggles. Once these items have been checked then you can rule them out and concentrate on the other stuff. If you need some help you are more than welcome to call and I will help you if I can. You can reach me at one of the following numbers. 334-206-3480 Office/334-850-0258 Cell/ 334-538-5868 Messages.

Hang in there and keep at it. You WILL find the problem before long and be right back at it. Take care.

Jim C.

Last edited by Big Geek; 11-17-2005 at 07:41 AM.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:44 AM
TECH Addict

Running a fuel pressure switch?
Old 11-17-2005, 08:02 AM
11 Second Club

nope no FPSS...or n20 filter

while lying in bed last night i got to thinking about the WOT switch and it could possibly moving while under WOT b/c the bracket is kinda flemsy....i'll check all these things mentioned!

And Big Geek thanks for all that! I'm going to check everything today and hopefully find the problem!
Old 11-17-2005, 08:19 AM
11 Second Club

Well just check the WOT switch with someone in the car hitting the gas...it's definatly clicking....

say if my n20 solenoid had a small peice of trash in it, would it do this? and how come everytime i check everything with the car in the parking lot it works great, but when i get on the road it doesn't work?

Also this might be a stupid question but is it unsafe to spray with the car sitting still? Say i rev it to 3,000 and floor it just enough to tap the wot...will this hurt anything? I have a clear lid so i can look in there and see if it's spraying! Is this a bad idea?
Old 11-17-2005, 08:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

List out the exact process you use to test it in the parking lot. We need to know what pieces you're bypassing when you test it.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:36 AM
11 Second Club

Ok here is what i do to test and see if it's working

First i blew out the main n20 line
Then after i hooked everything back up and re-checked all wiring,
I pulled the fogger nozzle out of the bellow and removed the nozzle and jets
Then i cranked the car up and reved the motor to 3k while holding the fuel line into a bottle and the n20 line into the air, then when the motor was at 3k (to activate the window switch) i tap the WOT switch with my finger and both N20 and fuel spray out at a very very high speed. The only thing i can think of is the WOT switch but i just got my roomate to sit in the car and press the throttle with the car off while i looked at the switch and it's clicking the switch at WOT...i don't know what else to do!
Old 11-17-2005, 09:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

IMO, its going to end up being your WOT switch. Just because it clicks doesn't mean its working. Try checking the continuity through the switch with a meter when its closed (the switch is depressed).
Old 11-17-2005, 09:21 AM
11 Second Club

I mean...when i have the nozzle out and hit the switch with my finger...it works!
Old 11-17-2005, 09:40 AM
11 Second Club

SOOOOOO

I just found my problem and i feel like the biggest NEWB EVAAR

My floormate was keeping me from going WOT...moved it and everything works now! Too bad i spent 3 hours last night trying to figure out what hell was going on

Well thanks for everyone's else and i'm sorry i'm such a dumbass!
Old 11-17-2005, 06:41 PM
Restricted User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is a Maximizer, who makes it?