Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NXRicky's going off on a tangent, & explaintion on products differences.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NXRicky's going off on a tangent, & explaintion on products differences.

The comments you are about to read are mine, all mine, you know like me, myself, and I.
And may p_ss some of you off a bit, and other may agree. All right reserved to me.. Take it with a grain of salt I am using the forum like a confessional, so yall are my priest and you cannot judge me..

Ok lets begin,
alot of people ask why does this cost more than that. Heres why, R & D costs money really it does no kididng, and when one company spends a day a month even years to delevope a product that money must be recooped.
How many times have we all seen something at the end of its design and say" thats was easy, I can build that for less than they do". So to knock off of something is extremely easy, you buy what you want go to a machine shop ask them to build it, and BAMMMMMMMM your in business and now you have a cheap part. Steeling rat bastard companies do all the time , look at china parts in the industry there are so many knock offs its sickens me.
Ok back on track... the knock off product is sold to the public and when a problem comes up (and it does) the customer calls the people he or she purchased it from. No biggy thats the way it happens, but wait since they did not design it they do not have a fricking clue how it works,( sorry rat bastards) now who you call the orignal poeple that DID design it, and guess what the answer the question with their tech people (becuase you did not tell them it was xyz's part) and your as happy as a 15 year old in a ***** house with gift certificates. and those tech people cost money too...

So now onto parts lets see I will start with solenoids... simple part, hit with voltage it opens and close surely that is the same across the board.. maybe mabye not,,,, looking at it, a solenoid, is a solenoid, is a solenoid.. wrong,, I got so freekkkingg tired of these solenoids are the same as _ _'s. That s one of the reasons why the Lightning noids were designed and built, and sure it will not take long for that to knocked off too. but thats going to cost.

Now on to bottle valves.... turn the **** it opens and flows.. again our valve is as good as _ _'s. so the 45' was born for two reasons.. the first I told you about the second, the angle aids in nitrous flow and bottle installation in most applitions..

Packaging.... Hmmm that one has not been copied yet,, becuase knock off companies do not care if your product shows up intact or not.... And guess what a printed box does not cost any more than plain, IF you buy enough. lets face it a few pennies at best.

Nozzles..... tons of these bad boys out and all work good (sort of), some better than other and some of been knocked off more times than the corner store. Back to whole R & D thing...

Hoses;;;; ok those are same hands down, teflon hose has to met a spec that the nitrous industry does not dictate...

HMMMMM jets..... this one has bugged me for years.. lets put someones else jets into my system and see what happens.. who in their right mind would ever do this.. No way in hell would I put a zex jet into my nos plate, or nos jet into my tnt kit... nope not going to happen..
guys just becuase it fits the hole does not mean it belongs there .
lets see ZEX,Compucar,Nitrous Works, and a few other use the same barral diameter, and have a 37' flare on the inlet.. But that is were the jets simularity stops... I designed the _ _ jet to out flow all others within a givin size, and hold an extremely tight tolerance within the orifice size. Now I am not saying it will not work, and I am not saying I will out flow yours I am saying its not the same and will not flow the same. Even if you copied the jet perfectly
( sorry rat coping bastards ) does not matter you would need to copy ever size, small changes in the design from size to size makes a difference. Nos jets flows different than Zex, and all companies designs are different.
Are these jets stamped before machining, on the machine center or after by hand again make a difference, small but still.
So in closing will knock off products effect the performance that main line companies like NX, ZEX, ( uggg NOS) and others. Maybe, maybe not, only HE knows I will only buy products that I can hold someone accountable for if something happens.. This mix and match crap that goes on in this industry is the cause of more than 1/2 problems out there... People want you to beleive its all the same stuff, come on that starter worked on ford surely it will work on that chevy....
Now I am knocking other companies, I think building products to fit your competition is just brilliant, brilliant I tell you. Hell if you can not make a living building your own ****, lets copy theres. .. And not to sound all mighty and powerful or high strung, once I find something worth coping I will too, ( I will just make it better so thats not coping )infact I am looking at something right now that will make a lot of people happy.
Good luck, good night its time.

In summary there are differences in quality and product design the question is if they are knocked off do they have the knowledge and tech to back it up.. and are they knocked off correctly.

Ricky

Last edited by NXRICKY; 12-07-2005 at 10:29 PM.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:40 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow,
Nice post Ricky.......

There will always be knock offs. The good things are that there will always be real comapanys comming out with newer and better products that the cheats can now knock off all over again. Its like a food chain.LOL Some people do not have the knowledge to come up with there own product designs and ideas.

Technology and product quality gets beeter every year.The companys that take the time to desighn these products will always be on top.
Dave
Old 12-08-2005, 02:05 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
I find something worth coping I will too, ( I will just make it better so thats not coping )
BASF? "We don't make a lot of the products you buy. We make a lot of the products you buy better."

-somebody
Old 12-08-2005, 09:54 AM
FormerVendor

Wow???? That was interesting, I agree completely.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ricky,
We all feel this way about products we design, just not sure if this was the place to vent it...
Either way keep up the good work and try not to let this kind of **** get you down. There is nothing any of us can do about "Copycats" that use your good ideas except give money to lawyers!
Old 12-08-2005, 10:09 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do the patents not work?
Old 12-08-2005, 10:19 AM
FormerVendor

Not everything is worth patenting. It cost alot of money and most of the time there are small things you can do to get around it.
Dave
Old 12-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Staging Lane

Im pretty new so I do not want to step on any toes.

I feel that it is the biggest complement one company can give another. When a smaller company such as say Edelbrock manufactures a say Intake that fits Chevrolet. What that says is WOW, Chevrolet is so big that all of these other companies make parts and accessories for them! Thats great for the economy!!!

for example: Chevrolet manufactures a LS1 engine

then Edelbrock, Dart, ET Performance and a lot of others all offer performance accessories. GM also has there performance accessories "BOWTIE" however, we all have a choice. Isnt America wonderful.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Good Write up Ricky. I see nothing to take offence over I also remember when NX was first hitting the market and had tons of the same claims at the time. Look at them now
Old 12-08-2005, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by ALBERT@COLD FUSION
Im pretty new so I do not want to step on any toes.

I feel that it is the biggest complement one company can give another. When a smaller company such as say Edelbrock manufactures a say Intake that fits Chevrolet. What that says is WOW, Chevrolet is so big that all of these other companies make parts and accessories for them! Thats great for the economy!!!

for example: Chevrolet manufactures a LS1 engine

then Edelbrock, Dart, ET Performance and a lot of others all offer performance accessories. GM also has there performance accessories "BOWTIE" however, we all have a choice. Isnt America wonderful.
I see your point Albert, but it's out of context.
XYZ builds an intake or peformance acessories that fits an LS1 engine. Is different than XYZ building a KNOCKOFF LS1 engine and trying to sale it to GM dealers or customers and saysing its the same....This is what I am typeing about.. KNOCKOFF kings and queens of the world. Big Daddy Vic did it right, as far as the engine stuff goes, he makes a part fit an application and makes it perform better (most of the time).
And you are correct America is the best period.
And look how many times his stuff gets knocked off...Knock Jerks always want to take others peoples work and call it theirs, just pisses me off.. Thats all.

Ricky

Last edited by NXRICKY; 12-08-2005 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Honestly there is only so much you can do with a sinlge nozzle nitrous system... Some believe in different A/F ratios etc, and tailor a kit so it provides said A/F. TNTs for example runs a little fatter than the other brands, great for torque if you have the traction....

That said NX has come up with several unique applications, one I like and have just purchased because of clean install is the MAF kit. I had a powerring setup before and it worked great as well, but I like the MAF install better. I also like the NXL idea, but honestly I think NOS came up with it first.

The reason I choose NX or TNT over others is product quality and from what I have seen and experienced..."You get what you pay for"

ANYONE can make and market a single nozzle system, and they all will likely work fairly well.....This idea goes back to the days of the '57 chevy and packs of smokes rolled up in the shirt sleeves. The difference I think you will find is the quality of solenoids and associated fittings, bottle valves, SS vs brass, electrical parts etc from a cheap kit to one of the more expensive ones......
Old 12-08-2005, 11:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
Do the patents not work?
Patents only help you claim, not automatically let you shut someone down, you still need money to back that patent to go to court over.
Like I said, only the lawyers make money in most cases; one party or the other usually runs out of cash and then only the lawyers "win". Been there, done that. The system does have flaws..... It does not protect anything.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ricky...when all else fails...go Cuban...you can't copy that.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

I am so confused, what is my cobbled up kit, NOS, NX, Dyno Tune or Cold Fusion? I like all the companys and run everybodys stuff so I think I am going to name it Robert's Cobbled Nitrous kit, they all seem to get along on my car? I don't know what I am trying to say, just rambling. I think if want to talk copping we have to look at everyone coping NOS, as they have been around longer than the other companys combined? i find it quite satisfing when someone copies my set-up?
Robert
Old 12-08-2005, 03:32 PM
TECH Junkie

I have a CFN & TNT mixed kit, with some Dynotune parts thrown in with a little NOS parts for safety stuff, all works fine for me Copying is part of America, aslong as it doesnt mess with someone patent then its free game, look at K&N and all the other air filters like them out there. Its just part of American business.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:40 PM

Robert I can let you know some companies have not knocked off anything nos.... Parts that do the same job but are DESIGNED different are not KNOCK OFFS.. I am just stating my opinion.. And I am glad you by from everyone for your car,,, nothing looks better than a car with tons of different products on it... And as far as patents go, everyone knows a patent is not worth the paper it written on.. I have seen someone copy a patent and get served a notice to stop, with a return paper list of all the lawyers stating lets go to cort, my wallet is bigge than yours. So its a money game that Knock Off pros win and people that invest the money to make happen loose out on...
K&N total different market...

And again did not say it would not work. Sorry Robert for confusing you buddy just putting it out there...
Ricky
Old 12-08-2005, 04:46 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm curious, when I originally bought my TNT kit, I got it used and it came with an NOS Cheater nitrous solenoid, I don't seem too be having any problems, but should I think about swapping it back too a TNT noid? Also, the 2 bottles I have are 15 lb Cold Fusion bottles cuz I got them for a killer deal brand new off a member on here, any problems there, cuz I don't seem too be having any issues and i'm hittin her with a 300 shot! 200 from the TNT which put down 222 to the wheels through a turbo 400 and 100 from a dry kit I put together using NOS parts which put down 70 to the wheels (think NOS rates their jets too high, was a .051 jet).
Old 12-08-2005, 05:12 PM
FormerVendor

I personally think anyone that will take one companys product and copy it to a T or as close as possible and then call it theres needs a morals check.I dont know I guess to me its like sleeping with your buddys Ex. Its just not right.
Dave
Old 12-08-2005, 05:21 PM
Teching In

Let me please say that although I may be new to this web site, I'm not new to the N2o world . Ricky and I as well as a lot of other people spend a lot of time with ideas, parts, solutions to problems, R/d work, and the futher of this great gas blaster. It really takes a lot of man-hours and money. Ricky I understand! Thanks
Old 12-08-2005, 05:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Oh, and also in my cobbled set-up, I may even have a Nitrous Outlet part, cough, cough.
Robert