Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few more noob questions.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 07:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Few more noob questions.

I've searched and searched, and I still am not clear! I have looked at pictures on the site for 3 hrs last night.

1: What connects to the bottom of the fuel noid? I know there is a "in" and "out" on the sides, but I'm not clear on the bottom.

2: It looks like a line screws into the FPSS, but what?

3: From the pics I looked at last night, it appears that the nitrous noid connects directly to the purge. How does this work? If I blip the purge noid, how does is pass through the nitrous noid without triggering it?

I'm confused, and I want to get a clear image for the attempted install tomorrow.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:30 AM
On The Tree

Okay, I've got the FPSS figured out, but I am still really stumped on what screws into the bottom of the fuel noid.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:16 AM
On The Tree

bump....anyone?
Old 12-16-2005, 09:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

The bottom is for the line for the nitrous input to the engine. The in hole is for the line from boittle, the other hole on the side goes to the purge valve, bottom to engine.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:01 AM
FormerVendor

Currently there is not a fuel solenoid on the market that has a bottom exit design (our Lightning solenoids will though). Maybe you're refering to the nitrous solenoid? The bottom exit on the nitrous solenoid is the outlet that goes to the nozzle.

The other outlet on the nitrous solenoid is for the purge. Due to the design of the solenoid there is an open path from the inlet to the purge outlet. Nitrous can flow freely through the solenoid and exit the purge outlet even if the nitrous solenoid is not activated. When you attach a purge solenoid to the nitrous solenoid it provides a block off of the nitrous flowing through the main solenoid. The benefit of this design is that when you purge the system you will be clearing the main hose AND the solenoid of any air and/or moisture. This gives you liquid nitrous right up to the main exit of the nitrous solenoid.

hope this helps you.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
Currently there is not a fuel solenoid on the market that has a bottom exit design (our Lightning solenoids will though). Maybe you're refering to the nitrous solenoid? The bottom exit on the nitrous solenoid is the outlet that goes to the nozzle.

The other outlet on the nitrous solenoid is for the purge. Due to the design of the solenoid there is an open path from the inlet to the purge outlet. Nitrous can flow freely through the solenoid and exit the purge outlet even if the nitrous solenoid is not activated. When you attach a purge solenoid to the nitrous solenoid it provides a block off of the nitrous flowing through the main solenoid. The benefit of this design is that when you purge the system you will be clearing the main hose AND the solenoid of any air and/or moisture. This gives you liquid nitrous right up to the main exit of the nitrous solenoid.

hope this helps you.
Thanks Jeremy, you made that very clear for me to understand. Not taking away from the other poster, thanks also.

Problem is that I could've sworn the fuel noid is the one with the third outlet. When I get home I make sure. Thanks again.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:22 PM
On The Tree

Jeremy,

I went home and took a picture of the noids and show you what I'm talking about. The noid that says fuel has three fittings, with one on the bottom. Is this a nitorus noid, or a fuel noid? Ths small one is the purge noid correct? I't looks to me that the noid that says fuel is the nitrous noid. Please correct me.

Another stupid question, just want to make sure every thing is in order before I start the install.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

Also, is this the fitting I need to use to mount the FPSS to the fuel rail?

If so, which side attaches to the rail? The blue fitting? Which fitting do I remove to mount the FPSS?

Lost on this one as well
Old 12-16-2005, 02:38 PM
FormerVendor

In the first picture, the decals are switched. The one that says fuel is actually the nitrous solenoid and vise versa.

In the second picture, the FPSS should thread into the blue fitting where that silver fitting is. Remove the silver fitting and install the FPSS. Also remove the brass fitting, that is the hole that threads onto the schrader valve on the fuel rail.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:02 PM
On The Tree

Thanks again Jeremy, your a life saver...keeping me from freaking out!! LOL
Old 12-16-2005, 09:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

sorry man, i gave u a description of a nitrous noid, soory bout that, anyway what you thought was the fuel with 3 holes is a nitrous noid.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by brad8266
sorry man, i gave u a description of a nitrous noid, soory bout that, anyway what you thought was the fuel with 3 holes is a nitrous noid.

Thanks Brad, I new understand what you were saying. It's just that I had a visual in my head that said the fuel noid had three fittings, so I didn't understand what you were saying earlier.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:43 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Did the drawings help out any.. hope they did.
Ricky