Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progressive Nitrous Controllers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Progressive Nitrous Controllers?

I was thinking of getting a electronic progressive controler from Nitro Dave but I had a concern. How hard are they on the noids with it changing the voltage?
Old 01-02-2006, 08:23 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It does produce more wear on the solenoids.Its like reving your motor.As long as you have a good quality solenoid you will be fine.We have cars that has had controllers on them for years. We do suggest sending the solenoids in for maintnece once a year.
Dave
Old 01-02-2006, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE= We do suggest sending the solenoids in for maintnece once a year.
Dave[/QUOTE]

Do you do that or do I need to send it back to TNT? If so how much?
Old 01-03-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Tttttt
Old 01-03-2006, 11:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would suggest getting with TNT. THey can rebuild it for you if needed.However they do not offer the parts for free like NX does.If they are still working fine and you just need them checked and cleaned up that should not cost you anything other than shipping. Give Davis a call and see what he says.. Im sure they can do that for you.If not send them to me and Ill take care of you.
Dave
Old 01-04-2006, 07:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

What a compucar solinoids??(replace them with NX?)
Old 01-04-2006, 10:23 AM
FormerVendor

I also recommend getting the solenoids maintenanced on a regular basis. How often depends on how much you use the system through out the year, but generally most people using progressive controllers with out solenoids will send them in yearly at the least. Most of the time the solenoids look great when we take them apart, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Before you go replacing solenoids I would suggest calling TNT and asking them about performing maitenance on your solenoids. I'm sure they would work with you on taking care of it, and if not you can hit up Dave.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:00 AM
11 Second Club

Jeremy, what is your turn around right now on sending in 'noids?

I am about to go to a progressive and have had a set of NXs on the car for a little to long...You can PM me if you want or just let me know how long it takes...I can't be without nitrous for too long!!
Old 01-04-2006, 11:15 AM
FormerVendor

Once the solenoids are here and in my hands I can have them done and back out the same day if needed. Keep in mind that while the parts and labor are free, the customer is responsible for shipping in both directions. So if you wanted, you could send them next day air to here and have then next day aired back to you. This would have the solenoids back in your hands in just two days from the time that you ship them.

Also, if you happen to live in Tx. or Ok. you can send them regular ground and they will be here the next day, same on the return shipping.

Send me an email if you decide to send them in so that I'll have a record of whats going on. It gets crazy around here sometime and emails are a lifesaver, lol.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I guess It's Probably a good Idea to have an extra set of noids around to swap in during the time when your getting your noids serviced.

Last edited by Oatmeal; 01-06-2006 at 10:39 PM.