Sponsored by:

Difference in Nitrous Kits.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 12:53 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Default Difference in Nitrous Kits.

Ok...
I don't know if i will EVER buy nitrous... ever... but then again... i have my truck that would be funny to spray the lil 4.3....

NX
TNT (everyone raves about this one)
NOS
ZEX
Edelbrock
Venom (<-- why dont i ever hear anything about these??)
Nitrous Works (i think)

So what is the deal? What makes one better than the next?
Old 01-04-2006, 02:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not trying to be rude, but I would highly suggest using the search feature (wear it out) and you will find many many threads discussing this very thing. Trust me, you'll find a ton of information on all of the companies that you mentioned, maybe with the exception of Venom and Nitrous Works.

In choosing a system all I can suggest is do some research, talk to as many different people as you can, form an idea of which system will benifit you the most based on the information you've found and the goals you have for your car.......and enjoy your choice!

By the way, I prefer NX and could go on for days about it......but then again I could possibly be a little biased, haha.

Happy hunting!
Old 01-04-2006, 04:58 PM
Board Certified Idiot

The Questions you want would take for ever to type out on here.. PPl TEND to stick with What works AND at that WORKS GOOD .. ppl really dont like change is my guess.. NX TNT is what you here every raving about cause most ppl have them and they work Great.. Venom as you are wondering .. about is cause its a Newer KIT.. I actualy think its about 10X better then zex myself Friend has it on his.. Works GOOD ALSO .. Main thing to do is READ into all the KITS and see what you like and works best for you. GOOD LUCK
Old 01-04-2006, 05:22 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

I will be so bold as to say go with the NX maf set up. I believe your truck uses the single piece maf and this kit is so clean and sexy its a crime. lol

Anyway do your home work find out what YOU think will work for YOU and you should be very happy..
Things to look and compare in my opinion. would be
Availablity
install time
support system for your choice As in tech and instruction
Warranty programs
Accessories for your vehicle
$$$
The person on the other end of the phone.

LEts face it if the kit is great and the person you are talking to is a jerk you will find something wrong to complain about, I know I would.
good luck have fun.

Ricky
Old 01-04-2006, 07:12 PM
9 Second Club

Well i like the things the venom kit COMES with... it comes with things so it will shut the nitrous flow if the A/F ratio leans out. Couple neat things. The more pricey kit comes with a ton of neat stuff.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't forget the new player on the block cold Fusion. quality and price to match, with tech support second to none.
Now all the company's stated are getting real close to offering the same, so like has been said do research and find a company that meets your budget and needs. yes, NX and TNT are the two biggie names on LS1Tech. They have been pushed heavly on this site. They are top notch kits for sure, however, in the real world of drag racing they aren't bigger than any other company. if I can help in any way give me a pm or e-mail.
Robert
Old 01-04-2006, 07:44 PM
TECH Veteran

well...im gonna go on a limb here. This is my opinion as a nitrous user and not motivated by anything else.

Of all the kits mentioned I would use anyone EXCEPT the Venom. The basic Venom kit seems to be ok...but the one where you splice into the injector harness really really scares the crap out of me and has had numerous problems with correct fueling. Great concept...but unless it has changed in the last year...I would steer clear.

Many people were hooking them up only to find that the computer was not adding the extra pulsewidth correctly to the injector to compensate fuel. They were going lean. In some cases the system did NOT shutdown. I dont know if any actual motors where melted but it was a very undesirable situation. Most that used them on LS1s ended up putting the nozzle in front of the MAF and allowing the LS1 computer to add fuel and disconnecting the computer from the injecotr harness. Thats not a bad way to do it.

I just wanted to throw that out to you. If you look towards the Venom setup do some more research to make an informed decision. I dont know any sponsors here that carry that line.

As for the rest of the choices do some research here. There is a ton of info. If you come to the decision you want any NX product..or anything else NitroDaves.com carries please feel free to contact me with ANY questions.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:36 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

AS far as a simple single nozzle system somethings are semi the same if you look at what they do and not the grade of desighn or level. Hoever when you look further than the single nozzle and get into maff kits or plates etc. there is not to many companys that can compete in this field. This seperates the competition.
Now when you break it down enough to look at the full picture you will start to see the difference..Here is what I suggest to look at.

1.Bottle brackets
2.Solenoid Size and desighn.
3.Solenoid warrenty
4.Bottle Valve
5.The lenth of the hoses in the system
6.Completeness of the system (including instructions)
7.Overall fittings and hardware
8. Reputation,Customer service, etc

There is more to a system than its price.Ofcourse compare prices.But take time to look at what changes the pricing in different systems. Different grades of quality and completeness will also controll pricing.

We offer the largest selection in nitrous parts and accessories on the internet.If I can help we can help in any way please feel free to let us know.
Thanks
Dave
Old 01-04-2006, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
AS far as a simple single nozzle system somethings are semi the same if you look at what they do and not the grade of desighn or level. Hoever when you look further than the single nozzle and get into maff kits or plates etc. there is not to many companys that can compete in this field. This seperates the competition.
Now when you break it down enough to look at the full picture you will start to see the difference..Here is what I suggest to look at.

1.Bottle brackets
2.Solenoid Size and desighn.
3.Solenoid warrenty
4.Bottle Valve
5.The lenth of the hoses in the system
6.Completeness of the system (including instructions)
7.Overall fittings and hardware
8. Reputation,Customer service, etc

There is more to a system than its price.Ofcourse compare prices.But take time to look at what changes the pricing in different systems. Different grades of quality and completeness will also controll pricing.

We offer the largest selection in nitrous parts and accessories on the internet.If I can help we can help in any way please feel free to let us know.
Thanks
Dave
Not busting your *****, but some of the competition is closer than you can/may realize, but of course friendly competition. Yes, NX is in some ways a measuring stick, and a fine company, however, they are not going to be the only player at the top of the heap.
Robert
Old 01-04-2006, 10:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
I will be so bold as to say go with the NX maf set up. I believe your truck uses the single piece maf and this kit is so clean and sexy its a crime. lol

Anyway do your home work find out what YOU think will work for YOU and you should be very happy..
Things to look and compare in my opinion. would be
Availablity
install time
support system for your choice As in tech and instruction
Warranty programs
Accessories for your vehicle
$$$
The person on the other end of the phone.

LEts face it if the kit is great and the person you are talking to is a jerk you will find something wrong to complain about, I know I would.
good luck have fun.

Ricky
People are pretty pumped about this kit too...check out those lines..the integrated solenoids. As Jeremy said...look around. Sounds like you'll be doing nitrous...soon...if not sooner....
Old 01-04-2006, 10:58 PM
TECH Resident

Wow I honestly did not know Venom (whom i really don't even consider a player.. but still) makes you do what you mentioned 383!! That's kind of out there. Seems like WAYYY too much to go wrong.

And yes guys everything all the nitrous vendors are saying here is right. Some are equal, some are not, alot of things vary price, quality, etc!

I'm proud to say Cold Fusion is a high quality product, at a great price. Also they are coming out with some KILLER new stuff that will really shake things up, so stay tuned!

The bottom line is you really can't go too wrong buying from any of the ls1tech nitrous sponsors for the most part. We all seem to offer good products and knowledge.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:33 PM
9 Second Club

Well im thinking im going to rebuild the 4.3 with good ring gap (to keep the rings from lockign on the cylinder walls)... home porting the heads... ditching the TB and going megasquirt. Add a little bit of compression and spray the **** out of it.

The 4.3 truck is my toy to learn the most about things that are alien to me. I want to learn about fuel maps so im playing with megasquirt. I want to learn abotu the new big power adder nitrous, so i want to put the lil 2wd on the bottle.

Seems NX.... that is what is in... What is this cold fusion? Who makes it? And what makes it such a good product? Im always willing to try something new.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Seems NX.... that is what is in... What is this cold fusion? Who makes it? And what makes it such a good product? Im always willing to try something new.
Well Cold Fusion is the nitrous mother company, and Nitrous Direct a carrier of this line. Why a good product, well it's all top quality parts, like SS nozzles, high HP solenoids, in house kits speced to lsx, f-body/y-body platforms. We have top tech help, before, during and after installs. We are dedicated to making the end user happy and will do what ever it takes. We have some new kits coming and other innovative products on the way. We are a new player as a company, but between the staff at Cold fusion and Nitrous Direct, we have many, many years experiance. Maybe our greatest attribute is pricing, we have low overhead and advertising, so we can pass this on to the consumer. I am not afraid to state that the quality of ND/CF is on par with any company, bar none, and that grouped with a lower price, we have a winner. Don't be afraid to put me on the spot and ask any questions you like, online or by pm. Good luck with your future choice.
Robert
Old 01-06-2006, 10:42 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
Well Cold Fusion is the nitrous mother company, and Nitrous Direct a carrier of this line. Why a good product, well it's all top quality parts, like SS nozzles, high HP solenoids, in house kits speced to lsx, f-body/y-body platforms. We have top tech help, before, during and after installs. We are dedicated to making the end user happy and will do what ever it takes. We have some new kits coming and other innovative products on the way. We are a new player as a company, but between the staff at Cold fusion and Nitrous Direct, we have many, many years experiance. Maybe our greatest attribute is pricing, we have low overhead and advertising, so we can pass this on to the consumer. I am not afraid to state that the quality of ND/CF is on par with any company, bar none, and that grouped with a lower price, we have a winner. Don't be afraid to put me on the spot and ask any questions you like, online or by pm. Good luck with your future choice.
Robert
Robert or Scott: How much input do you guys have with R&D and product development?
Old 01-06-2006, 02:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Scott really has all the real connections with Cold Fusion, and makes all the final choices for Nitrous Direct. I do have some input/insight and pass what I can to Scott for consideration. Scott and Cold Fusion are listening to the end users for sure. You'll see in the coming months what is currently going on behind the scenes, and some things real soon. Have an idea?
Robert
Old 01-07-2006, 08:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here's a GREAT start

http://www.nitrousdirect.com/direct-...trous-kit.html

Hawk
Old 01-07-2006, 11:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 227Hawk
Thanks, look later today for intro thread on onther a new kit.
Robert
Old 01-07-2006, 12:28 PM
9 Second Club

well.... after talking to you alll... im considering ordering the cold fusion kit for my LT1. There are some cocky **** head people in this town ready to put some money down and if i was spraying, i would run them.I think i heard you can run up to a 150 shot on the lil ole lt1, but im thinkin a 100 shot (my motor is brand new, i want to be nice to it. lol. Only 1500 miles on the baby).

How much are the computers that make it so the nitrous only will flow at this and this rpm? I think that is the only other thing i want with the nitrous.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:50 PM
TECH Resident

Hey Dragframe Cold Fusion is the way to go, we'd be happy to take care of you and set you up with what ever your needs may be. We have a killer new electronics coming out soon too. You can't go wrong qith the quality and the price!
Old 01-08-2006, 06:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dragframe
well.... after talking to you alll... im considering ordering the cold fusion kit for my LT1. There are some cocky **** head people in this town ready to put some money down and if i was spraying, i would run them.I think i heard you can run up to a 150 shot on the lil ole lt1, but im thinkin a 100 shot (my motor is brand new, i want to be nice to it. lol. Only 1500 miles on the baby).

How much are the computers that make it so the nitrous only will flow at this and this rpm? I think that is the only other thing i want with the nitrous.
I just ordered a Cold Fusion Kit myself. A friend of mine has one on his WS6 and loves it.