Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems hitting rev. limit to quick?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 08:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems hitting rev. limit to quick?

I just installed a dry cold fusion system on my 98 TA and I have my rev limiter set @ 6500 rmp but when I spray a 100 shot it hits it almost every time comming out of 1st and 2nd. Is this common? I went back in to my programer and set my shift points back 3 stages but now I seem to be out of nitrous. I think anyway the bottle is reading 750psi but when I purge it nothing comes out. Any tips on how to get the best bang for the buck would be great.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Added torque makes the engine run up quicker
(needing you to "lead" the shift RPM and MPH
more to git-r-done in time) and can also "stretch"
the converter making RPM run ahead of MPH more
and tag the limiter that way (needing both RPM
and MPH to begin the shift). You have to get
them set up for the power level and rev limit
you want to live with.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, and 750psi says your low on n2o in the bottle and/or bottle isn't hot. Do you have a heater?
Robert
Old 01-13-2006, 09:47 PM
Staging Lane

Im not sure how, but the first few times I spray through gears, after not spraying in a while, the limiter kicks in, but then the pcm somehow adapts, and the shifts happen quicker without hitting the limiter. Especially if I drive alot without using nitrous for a while.
Also, I've learned to ask questions when I take my bottle in for refills. You can tell if the refiller knows his or her stuff or not. Some shops are a slave to the pressure guage and don't pay attention to the scale. It seems like the bottle gets air or something in it when not used in a while and does not want to fill completely. My favorite shop will turn the bottle upside down after a partial fill and open the valve everytime at no charge, and expel any foreign gasses, then reconnect the bottle to the pump and pay attention to the digital scale. With alot of shops, I could give them an empty bottle and walk away paying for 4.5 lbs on a 10 lb bottle. Some shops dont even have a pump, they just hook it up to the main bottle and open the valves till the pressures equalize and charge me for what ever weight that goes in the bottle. My favorite shop that expells the gasses and some nitrous at their cost, like it when I bring my bottle in iced in a cooler. Its faster for them and less wear on the pump, so they make sure mine is exactly full every time. So go ahead and ask questions.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:36 AM
Launching!

yep, the colder your bottle the better. Ive never done no2 but when filling co2 i would normaly but alot in the bottle and spray it out to get the bottle ice cold. they would fill much better. the liquid wants to expand when hitting a warm bottle making alot of pressure. For my own personal use i would overfill the crap out of bottles. 32oz in a 20oz was the usual for me. I even had thicker blow discs that wouldnt blow out. The odds of that tank coming apart are very slim unless its cracked somehow or thrown in a fire!! And for some reason a round bottom tank will hold much more over a flat bottom rated for same ammounts?? But im not willing to push my luck with 10 pounds of much higher pressure!!!
Old 01-15-2006, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

At times you can let the pump run all day and it wont fill your bottle all the way. The good shops will turn the bottle upside down and open the valve to get rid of unwanted pressure and continue to fill the bottle.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:54 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A window switch will also be a good investment.
Dave