Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where can i buy tnt jets?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 03:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can i buy tnt jets?

ok i have a tnt F1 kit and i am sprayin a 150 shot, but i want to try a 200 shot..my kit only came with 150 as the max..so where can i buy the jets and will the f1 kit support a 200 shot? thanks!
Old 01-22-2006, 04:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nirous Direct has them. We sell in 8-packs, which is $3.xx a piece, much better than the single average $6.xx or more. For those reading along we have jets that fit all kits. Made to close specs and very high quality.
Robert

Last edited by Robert56; 01-22-2006 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Content
Old 01-22-2006, 10:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would buy the jets straight from TNT. The TNT jets have a longer stem and are built different. The NX jets will work but it is not an exact fit. Also its always better to get the jets the manafacture uses to flow there systems. Knock off jets or other manafactures jets may not fit the exact jet build or flow as the manafactures.
Dave

Last edited by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet; 01-22-2006 at 10:10 PM.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Robert56
Nirous Direct has them. We sell in 8-packs, which is $3.xx a piece, much better than the single average $6.xx or more. they are the NX jets. For those reading along we jets that fit all kits.
Robert

Careful there Robert with that info!
You said they are NX jets that you sell. Just to keep the record straight they are Nitrous Direct or Cold Fusion manufactured jets for NX style systems ...correct?
Old 01-22-2006, 10:12 PM
FormerVendor

Nirous Direct has them. We sell in 8-packs, which is $3.xx a piece, much better than the single average $6.xx or more. they are the NX jets. For those reading along we jets that fit all kits.
Robert
Robert,
Sorry to correct you. The jets you sell are not NX jets. They are a knock off made to fit in a NX nozzle.. This does not mean that it is a NX jet or built the same..
Dave
Old 01-22-2006, 10:13 PM
FormerVendor

Al I guess you were typing the same time as I.
LOL
Dave
Old 01-22-2006, 11:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

the force II kit has a bigger fuel noid, so keep that in mind Okie02.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ok first they are not NX jets. Second the implication that some how knock offs are less than is utter nonsense. These jets are manufactured to strict tolerances. If you are NHRA bound then I suggest that you get the NOS SS flow tested jets. All others have a certain tolerance per so many manufactured, just the name of the game for all companys. You can buy your jets from TNT if you like.

Now there are basically two types of jets:

Type #1 flare jets, fits:
NOS
Edelbrock
Cold Fusion

Type #2 funnel jets, fits:
TNT
NX

Nitrous Direct carries both styles, and I know I left some kits out but you get the idea. As far as nx jets fitting a tnt set-up, I haven't heard of any problems as implied?
Robert

Last edited by Robert56; 01-23-2006 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Up dated
Old 01-23-2006, 12:40 AM
FormerVendor

Robert, Correct that certain jets may interchange (as in fit in the hole). But yes the stamping methods and build of the machining on the jets may vary in differences. A little more to it than you are thinking..

Dave
Old 01-23-2006, 01:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Robert, Correct that certain jets may interchange (as in fit in the hole). But yes the stamping methods and build of the machining on the jets may vary in differences. A little more to it than you are thinking..

Dave
Well, school me then.
Robert
Old 01-23-2006, 10:33 AM
TECH Regular

I needed some jets from TNT too and when I called I was told that that their systems work with NX jets. This was direct from the manufacturer, but I haven't tried it personally so take it for what it's worth.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:51 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by Zeus
I needed some jets from TNT too and when I called I was told that that their systems work with NX jets. This was direct from the manufacturer, but I haven't tried it personally so take it for what it's worth.
Zeus, there are some MFG's that tell you, sure go ahead and use someone elses jets. That is different then the other way around. If TNT says use the NX, that is them stating it ok for their product to have NX jets in it.

And for the record,
NX, TNT, Nytrex, Compucar, Nitrous works, Zex, Topgun, all use the same barrel size. That does not mean the jets are interchangable, that just means they fit the same hole thats all.
NOS and Edelbrock use the smaller barrel style that is longer than all other companines listed.

One final note. Compucar uses a screw in jet in the nozzles, and the pill style with their plates.
Ricky
Old 01-23-2006, 11:26 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Zeus, there are some MFG's that tell you, sure go ahead and use someone elses jets. That is different then the other way around. If TNT says use the NX, that is them stating it ok for their product to have NX jets in it.
I really don't understand what you're saying here, but regardless, isn't the original question along the lines of where to buy jets for a TNT kit?
Old 01-23-2006, 11:48 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

yes, I would call DAvid @ TNT 903-839-5498 .
Ricky
Old 01-23-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ricky, why not do a picture of each jet and tell us why it wont work. A jet is such a simple thing, I mean it's not rocket science, right? I still stand by using what jet will work, lets do a dyno on NX vs TNT jets?
Robert
Old 01-23-2006, 06:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Dont get too out there on this. Its just a clarification from NX standpoint. People start buying jets as per your original statement that they are NX jets and your recomendation to use them in a TNT kit. NX does not want anything that is out of thier direct control being used as an NX part and called an NX part. Buy the same token you obviously wont get NX to agree that any part is identical or "perfectly usable" that they had no control over.

If you guys make them and they are perfectly usable in TNT or NX kits...thats just fine and there is nothing wrong with that. Make that statement. Just be clear about it.
And dont expect NX to buy off on your product that they have no control over.

It may be better for you guys to just say you have "funnel jets" that will fit TNT and NX style nozzles and that ND stands behind that. Or something to that effect. That distinction is small but important to those involved Im sure.

Last edited by 383LQ4SS; 01-23-2006 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:09 PM
FormerVendor

Ricky, why not do a picture of each jet and tell us why it wont work. A jet is such a simple thing, I mean it's not rocket science, right? I still stand by using what jet will work, lets do a dyno on NX vs TNT jets?
Robert
Robert,
A dyno test would prove nothing However you can flow the jets on a flow bench. Your correct its not rocket science. NO one said your jet would not fit in the hole and work.. We are saying that just because it does fit does not mean it is the same.There are differences other than a whole in the jet. Machining to factory specs can only be done if you took each jet and copied it one by one. Just because it has the same number on the side does not mean it flows the same. Also how is your jets stamped? The stamping of the jet can oblong the orfice hole if not done correctly.

I was just pointing out the simplicity of the fact you do not have NX jets as stated in your post. You have KNOCK Off jets that may or may not be the same flow..

WE can not share all the secrets with you guys. Then you would just copy that to...

Thats all I am willing to say..
Dave
Old 01-23-2006, 06:19 PM
FormerVendor

Sorry for correcting you. I do not want this to get blown out of porportion and turn into an arguement. I just wanted to oint out the facts in this case.
Dave
Old 01-23-2006, 07:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok thanks for the replies, but does anyone know if a f-1 kit can supply a 200 shot? i guess i can just call tnt and ask, but i would rather hear from someone who as actually done it..
Old 01-23-2006, 09:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

My last word, implications prove nothing. If any company had a spectacularly innovative engineering marvel, they would have a patent to protect it. However, contrary to what has been implied (secret engineering), this is America and free enterprise abounds, copys are a way of life when not protected by patents. Patents are for a special item, not common knowledge products. This is in no way ment to down grade any company policy or products, just my opinion. This whole thing seems like nonsense, ok, I did say NX when I should have said NX/TNT style, sorry.
Robert