Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TNT owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 07:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TNT owners

I have a TNT kit with the fernco mod and a SLP lid. The fernco didn't work worth a crap and my lid has never fit right. This is the second lid i have had, the other one that i had and this one have never fit right, so i am looking to stay away from lids. I don't really want to run the fipk either. What other options do i have???
Old 05-16-2006, 09:45 AM
TECH Junkie

I dont think there are anymore options, unless you just run a filter directly onto the ring (or MAF).

What do you mean the fernco didn't work? Didn't fit around the ring? How much did you cut the lid?
Old 05-16-2006, 10:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bsmith98
I have a TNT kit with the fernco mod and a SLP lid. The fernco didn't work worth a crap and my lid has never fit right. This is the second lid i have had, the other one that i had and this one have never fit right, so i am looking to stay away from lids. I don't really want to run the fipk either. What other options do i have???
Do you have the old ring or the new one? David@TNT
Old 05-16-2006, 03:14 PM
11 Second Club

It is a silver ring, whether it is the old one or new one i don't know. I have had the kit for almost two years now. The angle at witch everything lines up on my car i couldn't get good fittment with the fernco so it keeps popping off.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

It is a silver ring, whether it is the old one or new one i don't know. I have had the kit for almost two years now. The angle at witch everything lines up on my car i couldn't get good fittment with the fernco so it keeps popping off.
We have a lip on the new style, and if you use a silicone hose it will correct the problem because the fernco has issues due to the girth of the material.. David@TNT
Old 05-16-2006, 04:04 PM
11 Second Club

What type of silicone hose are you talking about? Maybe i could get that to work.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

What type of silicone hose are you talking about? Maybe i could get that to work.
I reccomend the slp smooth air billow or breathless performance offers a nice piece as well.. David@TNT
Old 05-16-2006, 06:54 PM
11 Second Club

Alright thanks i will check those out.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:50 PM
Launching!

I have the TNT ring with SLP bellow and SLP lid. I had to trim quit a bit off the bellow and some off the lid to make it fit.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:36 PM
Teching In

I have the same setup. i found using a smooth rubber hose(found at any parts store) and cutting about 3/4" off the lid and using a dremel makes it fit quite well. i have had no problems and i have went through about a bottle on this setup. (knock on wood)
Old 05-23-2006, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have the "new" TNT ring with an EBay SLP-knockoff bellow. I couldn't get my previous lid to work, but my new SLP one fits perfect. I trimmed about 3/4" off the bellow and everything lines up nicely...
Old 05-23-2006, 11:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i'm rocking my stocker still lol
Old 05-23-2006, 09:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think Volant makes a system similar to the FIPK for our cars, but I'm not positive.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:43 PM
10 Second Club

DON'T WASTE YOUR $!!!! i cut the stock bellows and it is FINE! your lid doesn't fit because you didn't cut the bellows right/ or even try to cut it down.

you have to cut the end towards the ring off, then cut a tiny slit in it so it will fit around the ring. carefully place your hose clamp so it covers the slit and holds the baffle on there and doesn't let any air leak- use a little black tape if needed (you won't see it anyway)

for the maf side- just cut to size with no slit in the baffle. make sure you cut on one of the valleys (like mountains and valleys) of the baffle and clamp that bitch onto the maf.

trim the lid so the part that the hose clamp goes onto is JUST wide enough for a hose clamp to hold it. slam it in there and be happy you just spend NO MONEY AT ALL and it looks good.

are you happy about it? i know i am...******* 65$+++ for a smooth bellow- SUCK my ballz bitch!
Old 05-24-2006, 09:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you have something going wrong,i've had the old and new ring from t.n.t and never had any problems. i did have to trim my lid some but that was all.